2012 NBA Finals Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4589537 said:
NFL's Tom Brady says hi

i dont see how, maybe they protect him a lot, but thats something that goes for the position in general, not just him. its not like he has interceptions taken off or pass interference called more for him like is the case in the NBA.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MC KAos;4589558 said:
i dont see how, maybe they protect him a lot, but thats something that goes for the position in general, not just him. its not like he has interceptions taken off or pass interference called more for him like is the case in the NBA.
JMO, but Tom will get a call before a scrub will....

MC KAos

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4589563 said:

probably right, but in the grand scheme of things its 15 yards and a first down, rarely called more than once a game. in basketball, its an immediate impact on the score, by granting free throws or not granting them on defense. In a lot of cases, you see guys going to the free throw line for 10 or more FTs, thats 10 points, about ten percent of the average basketball team's points! thats a pretty significant influence they have, and to grant so much more to the stars than the other players is just wrong.

Reaction score
Emmitt&Roy has yet to post in this thread.

Tiger-Son-I-Am-Disappoint.jpg

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4589563 said:

That's one of the very worst things about Goodell's tenure. I never saw "star calls" in the NFL, ever, until that year the Patriots went undefeated, when I think they got a few crucial calls go there way to extend the streak. When Reche Caldwell, I think it was, caught that pass in the endzone to beat the Ravens at the end of the game with the ball was moving a little bit, my first thought was "NBA".

I'm not saying Goodell told the refs to do that or anything like that, but when individual players become the story, or there's a huge story like a team going undefeated, you have potential for the rules to be bent. Like you said, that roughing call when Suggs literally brushed Brady's leg wouldn't have been made for Stephen McGee. And that's just wrong.

Anyway, back to basketball...

juck

Reaction score
All Sports are played with by higher uppers.
NFL-Penalties at key situations. Holding is called.
NBA-obvious
MLB-strikes and balls
Any fighting sports-obvious

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4589793 said:
All Sports are played with by higher uppers.
NFL-Penalties at key situations. Holding is called.
NBA-obvious
MLB-strikes and balls
Any fighting sports-obvious

but outside of the judge based sports, i think basketball is the one where the refs/umps have the biggest say in an outcome. penalties in football and balls and strikes dont DIRECTLY result in points, fouls or non calls in the nba do.

soccer is one thats harder for a ref to overtake, but in euro soccer (specially italy) its seems its the players that are part of the "fix"

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4589814 said:
but outside of the judge based sports, i think basketball is the one where the refs/umps have the biggest say in an outcome. penalties in football and balls and strikes dont DIRECTLY result in points, fouls or non calls in the nba do.

soccer is one thats harder for a ref to overtake, but in euro soccer (specially italy) its seems its the players that are part of the "fix"
O totally besides boxing NBA is easy to fix mos def

MC KAos

Reaction score
i think if the NBA wants to fix it, they should just let the players call the fouls, works fine in parks! just have 1 official to break a tie, if you will.

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4589874 said:
i think if the NBA wants to fix it, they should just let the players call the fouls, works fine in parks! just have 1 official to break a tie, if you will.
LOL I know that all too well and we only call it when we are smashed lol Wouldnt work in the NBA tho :laugh2:

Noryb

Reaction score
MC KAos;4589874 said:

LOL, what parks/recs do you play at? Sometimes we spend more time arguing than playing.

juck

Reaction score
Noryb;4589900 said:
LOL, what parks/recs do you play at? Sometimes we spend more time arguing than playing.
hahaha true:laugh2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
lol, well i dont think we have ever called a foul to be honest

MC KAos

Reaction score
6217556076d5e8ac52abfcbf1ef35eb5_large

also, jordan had a championship with UNC, even hitting the game winning shot, thats gotta count for something.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4590152 said:
6217556076d5e8ac52abfcbf1ef35eb5_large

also, jordan had a championship with UNC, even hitting the game winning shot, thats gotta count for something.

Yeah I always :laugh2: when the LeBron fanboys use this argument.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
MC KAos;4590147 said:
lol, well i dont think we have ever called a foul to be honest

The ones I used to play in were always no blood, no foul.

You didn't call nothing.

It just wasn't worth the aggrivation that you'd get if you called a foul.

MC KAos;4590152 said:

Absolutely.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
As for the series....I'm going to call OKC in 6.

I just feel really good about them at this point.

Now I just have to hope they don't mess it up and make me eat my words. lol