2013 Dallas Cowboys Schedule Released

Gameover

Reaction score
3-13!!

I think we would finish 0-16 if we didn't have Tony Romo!

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Gameover;5051985 said:
3-13!!

I think we would finish 0-16 if we didn't have Tony Romo!

Not sure if serious, but 3-13 is impossible with this roster.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
Week 11 bye makes me happy. Other than that, everything looks good. :)

Zman5

Reaction score
I've posted many times that, talent wise, we were good enough to go 10-6 and also bad enough to go 6-10. Another words, very average team. Most of the NFL teams are in the same boat. What makes the difference in the final record is the coaching and some luck for majority of the teams in the NFL.

Our coaching is not the worst since we didn't go 6-10 or worse. It's not one of the better ones either or we would have done better than 8-8. It's a shame that, with a better coaching staff, this team could have made the playoffs past two seasons.

Hawk

Reaction score
Sept. 8 vs. New York Giants: Win. The Cowboys are 2-6 in their last eight against the Giants, but the Giants have lost a lot of players in the off season. Romo proves he's worth the new deal, and throws three td's. Cowboys sack baby Eli until he cries uncle.

Sept. 15 at Kansas City Chiefs: Win. Andy Reid is fat and worthless and Jason Garrett is slim. That's the tie breaker for this week.

Sept. 22 vs. St. Louis Rams: Win. DeMarco Murray should be pumped for this one. Last time the Cowboys faced the Rams, Murray ran for 253 yards, and wins the battle of OU grads over Bradford. Defense picks Bradford three times and DM gets 150..It's over

Sept. 29 at San Diego Chargers: Win. The three-game win streak move to four. This one comes down to which quarterback makes less mistakes. Philip Rivers punks out, pulls a Dougie, and Romo tosses a pair of late td's and the Boys win 21-17.(Footnote: A Dougie you ask? He craps his pants!

Oct. 6 vs. Denver Broncos: Win. Peyton Manning is firing on all cylinders but the best QB in football, our Tony Romo throws for four td's and Dallas' win streak moves to five. ESPN anal-ysts pull a "Circle Dougie" over the news.

Oct. 13 vs. Washington Commanders: Win. Robert Griffin III isn’t close to being 100 percent and Kirk Cousins gets the start. Without the dynamic RG3 working his magic, the Cowboys’ defense keys on Alfred Morris and prevents him from going off like he did in the 2012 regular season finale.

Oct. 20 at Philadelphia Eagles: Win. It's the Eagles. Their ed and lose. Dallas is the only undefeated team in the league. [/FONT]

Oct. 27 at Detroit Lions: Win. Dez out duels Megatron. Lions coach pulls a Dougie and quits..Boys rolling..Romo with 18 td's and 1 pick, on a tip

Nov. 3 vs. Minnesota Vikings: Win. Christian Ponder is picked three times, once each by Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne and Barry Church. DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer and the guys up front don’t shut down Adrian Peterson but they also don’t let him single-handedly get the victory. After the game, Peterson admitted he pulled a Dougie when Murry out rushed him'

Nov. 10 at New Orleans Saints: Win. Sunday night football in the Superdome is not where any opponent wants to be in 2013. Sean Payton has the Saints’ offense firing on all cylinders and it’s too much for the Cowboys. It’s not a blowout, though. Romo does a good job of battling but the game unfolds similar to the 2012 loss in Atlanta. Cowboys are leading 41-40, with Saints having 4th and goal. One second on the clock, when Brees throws an apparent TD but from nowhere, Tony Romo, who has been inserted as the 6th DB, leaps and knocks down the ball. Romo has no competition for MVP.

Nov. 24 at New York Giants: Win. Coming off the bye week the Cowboys know they need a win to to stay three games ahead of the Giants for the division lead. Romo throws six td's and the Giants are shut out at home. Afterward Jerry Jones doesn't show up for post game comments. He will later admit he had too much turkey, and pulled a Dougie.

Nov. 28 vs. Oakland Raiders: Win. Just to toy with the emotions of their fans, the Cowboys win, stay undefeated and clinch a playoff berth.

Dec. 9 at Chicago Bears: Win. Romo doesn’t throw the five interceptions he did last season against the Bears on Monday night but instead throws fiveTds.

Dec. 15 vs. Green Bay Packers: Win. Aaron Rodgers is the difference as he eventually throws a late pick and Romo takes them the length of the field for a no time remaining TD. Rogers is so mad he drops his pants and tres to pulls a pant-less Dougie., on the star. Romo comes off the sidelines and does a WWE body slam of Rogers. Monday Rogers is replaced by Romo in the "Discount Double Check" commercial.

Dec. 22 at Washington Commanders: Win.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Griffin has been back for three games and appears to be recapturing his 2012 form. The Cowboys smell blood and DeMarcus Ware sacks RGIII 6 times and on Monday he replaces RGIII in the Subway commercial. When hearing the news, RGIII has a Dougie.

Dec. 29 vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Win. Cowboys rest everyone. Vince Young, who signed after the second game, comes in and throws 4 TD's and first round draft pick, Kenny Vaccaro has a pick six, Cowboys win and go undefeated. Big John is so excited he has a Dougie.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Hawk;5052583 said:
Sept. 8 vs. New York Giants: Win. The Cowboys are 2-6 in their last eight against the Giants, but the Giants have lost a lot of players in the off season. Romo proves he's worth the new deal, and throws three td's. Cowboys sack baby Eli until he cries uncle.

Sept. 15 at Kansas City Chiefs: Win. Andy Reid is fat and worthless and Jason Garrett is slim. That's the tie breaker for this week.

Sept. 22 vs. St. Louis Rams: Win. DeMarco Murray should be pumped for this one. Last time the Cowboys faced the Rams, Murray ran for 253 yards, and wins the battle of OU grads over Bradford. Defense picks Bradford three times and DM gets 150..It's over

Sept. 29 at San Diego Chargers: Win. The three-game win streak move to four. This one comes down to which quarterback makes less mistakes. Philip Rivers punks out, pulls a Dougie, and Romo tosses a pair of late td's and the Boys win 21-17.(Footnote: A Dougie you ask? He craps his pants!

Oct. 6 vs. Denver Broncos: Win. Peyton Manning is firing on all cylinders but the best QB in football, our Tony Romo throws for four td's and Dallas' win streak moves to five. ESPN anal-ysts pull a "Circle Dougie" over the news.

Oct. 13 vs. Washington Commanders: Win. Robert Griffin III isn’t close to being 100 percent and Kirk Cousins gets the start. Without the dynamic RG3 working his magic, the Cowboys’ defense keys on Alfred Morris and prevents him from going off like he did in the 2012 regular season finale.

Oct. 20 at Philadelphia Eagles: Win. It's the Eagles. Their ed and lose. Dallas is the only undefeated team in the league. [/FONT]

Oct. 27 at Detroit Lions: Win. Dez out duels Megatron. Lions coach pulls a Dougie and quits..Boys rolling..Romo with 18 td's and 1 pick, on a tip

Nov. 3 vs. Minnesota Vikings: Win. Christian Ponder is picked three times, once each by Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne and Barry Church. DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer and the guys up front don’t shut down Adrian Peterson but they also don’t let him single-handedly get the victory. After the game, Peterson admitted he pulled a Dougie when Murry out rushed him'

Nov. 10 at New Orleans Saints: Win. Sunday night football in the Superdome is not where any opponent wants to be in 2013. Sean Payton has the Saints’ offense firing on all cylinders and it’s too much for the Cowboys. It’s not a blowout, though. Romo does a good job of battling but the game unfolds similar to the 2012 loss in Atlanta. Cowboys are leading 41-40, with Saints having 4th and goal. One second on the clock, when Brees throws an apparent TD but from nowhere, Tony Romo, who has been inserted as the 6th DB, leaps and knocks down the ball. Romo has no competition for MVP.

Nov. 24 at New York Giants: Win. Coming off the bye week the Cowboys know they need a win to to stay three games ahead of the Giants for the division lead. Romo throws six td's and the Giants are shut out at home. Afterward Jerry Jones doesn't show up for post game comments. He will later admit he had too much turkey, and pulled a Dougie.

Nov. 28 vs. Oakland Raiders: Win. Just to toy with the emotions of their fans, the Cowboys win, stay undefeated and clinch a playoff berth.

Dec. 9 at Chicago Bears: Win. Romo doesn’t throw the five interceptions he did last season against the Bears on Monday night but instead throws fiveTds.

Dec. 15 vs. Green Bay Packers: Win. Aaron Rodgers is the difference as he eventually throws a late pick and Romo takes them the length of the field for a no time remaining TD. Rogers is so mad he drops his pants and tres to pulls a pant-less Dougie., on the star. Romo comes off the sidelines and does a WWE body slam of Rogers. Monday Rogers is replaced by Romo in the "Discount Double Check" commercial.

Dec. 22 at Washington Commanders: Win.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Griffin has been back for three games and appears to be recapturing his 2012 form. The Cowboys smell blood and DeMarcus Ware sacks RGIII 6 times and on Monday he replaces RGIII in the Subway commercial. When hearing the news, RGIII has a Dougie.

Dec. 29 vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Win. Cowboys rest everyone. Vince Young, who signed after the second game, comes in and throws 4 TD's and first round draft pick, Kenny Vaccaro has a pick six, Cowboys win and go undefeated. Big John is so excited he has a Dougie.

Awesome! :lmao::lmao:

Zordon

Reaction score
Everything about this schedule screams 10-6, 11-5.

But then you look at all of the holes on the roster and the lack of discipline on this team the last few years and you come to the realization someway, somehow they will find a way to take a favorable schedule and turn it into 8-8, 9-7.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;5051535 said:
I always predict 10-6.

I figure the team is almost guaranteed to split the division so that's three Ws and Ls there...and then I figure they'll lose at least 3 games outside of that. The Ws will be sporadic throughout the year and Romo will get on his November run.

The last three offseasons I've been at that 10-6 level, too. I've been disappointed each of the last two years, but in the NFL, it's only 3-4 plays that separate that 8-8 team from the 10-6 team. The margin for error is so slim (the width of a finger in the second Giants game last season), that it seems silly to me to get entrenched in the difference between a prediction of 10-6 v. say, 8-8. Or 8-8 v., say 6-10.

The difference isn't going to be who we've got playing at RG this season. And it's not going to be Jason Garett v. Mike Shannahan or Tom Coughlin. It's probably going to come down to a handful of plays, either way, like it does most of the time.

Given that the difference in a couple of games each season basically fits within the margin for error, 10-6 is a lot more fun to anticipate than 8-8 or 6-10. During the season, we may see a couple games go by (BAL and NYFG2 last season), where you can say 'that was one of the 10 we needed.' That sucks, but I'd rather go through the season that way and then hope we can steal one down the road than to start the year thinking we're not going to make it and have each successive loss confirm that sinking feeling.

That's just me, though. I know a lot of people prefer to set expectations low and hope to be surprised positively down the road. I imagine the vast majority of us see a team that's between 6 and 10 wins, depending on the way things play out. And then there are outliers on either end who either simply don't know how to measure the quality of an NFL football team or who want attention of some sort from holding a more extreme opinion than the masses.

anj113

Reaction score
Idgit;5052620 said:
The last three offseasons I've been at that 10-6 level, too. I've been disappointed each of the last two years, but in the NFL, it's only 3-4 plays that separate that 8-8 team from the 10-6 team. The margin for error is so slim (the width of a finger in the second Giants game last season), that it seems silly to me to get entrenched in the difference between a prediction of 10-6 v. say, 8-8. Or 8-8 v., say 6-10.

The difference isn't going to be who we've got playing at RG this season. And it's not going to be Jason Garett v. Mike Shannahan or Tom Coughlin. It's probably going to come down to a handful of plays, either way, like it does most of the time.

Given that the difference in a couple of games each season basically fits within the margin for error, 10-6 is a lot more fun to anticipate than 8-8 or 6-10. During the season, we may see a couple games go by (BAL and NYFG2 last season), where you can say 'that was one of the 10 we needed.' That sucks, but I'd rather go through the season that way and then hope we can steal one down the road than to start the year thinking we're not going to make it and have each successive loss confirm that sinking feeling.

That's just me, though. I know a lot of people prefer to set expectations low and hope to be surprised positively down the road. I imagine the vast majority of us see a team that's between 6 and 10 wins, depending on the way things play out. And then there are outliers on either end who either simply don't know how to measure the quality of an NFL football team or who want attention of some sort from holding a more extreme opinion than the masses.

Yes and more times than not we NEVER seem to make those plays. its the same thing year after year. This team is what it is and what it has been for the past 16 years

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
anj113;5053105 said:
Yes and more times than not we NEVER seem to make those plays. its the same thing year after year. This team is what it is and what it has been for the past 16 years

Last year's team was markedly different when it came to making those plays. They did a great job of it. It was just that, early in the season, we killed ourselves in a couple of games that should have been early wins, and late in the year, we were just too hobbled defensively to make the plays we'd been making earlier.

We're still missing talent at some key positions, but if we fix those, this is a team that can compete in the NFC.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
anj113;5053105 said:

"More times than not, we NEVER" makes zero sense. :laugh2:

Zordon

Reaction score
Idgit;5053148 said:
Last year's team was markedly different when it came to making those plays. They did a great job of it. It was just that, early in the season, we killed ourselves in a couple of games that should have been early wins, and late in the year, we were just too hobbled defensively to make the plays we'd been making earlier.

We're still missing talent at some key positions, but if we fix those, this is a team that can compete in the NFC.
They were better in those situations but in the most important play of the season, when we have a chance to hold the skins to a field goal and give our pro bowl QB a chance to drive us down the field w/ 2 minutes left....what happened? Another dumb penalty by one of our vets.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Zordon;5053325 said:
They were better in those situations but in the most important play of the season, when we have a chance to hold the skins to a field goal and give our pro bowl QB a chance to drive us down the field w/ 2 minutes left....what happened? Another dumb penalty by one of our vets.

Our non pro bowl QB choked with 3 minutes left, what makes you think he would have come through with 2 minutes left? lol

anj113

Reaction score
Idgit;5053148 said:

Average to bad teams kill themselves that lose games... It happens every year

AllProRico

Reaction score
At worse we go 8-8 again but 9-7/10-6 is pretty doable even now before the Draft and last remaining signings that'll happen. Depending on the moves from Draft on will change those numbers but i'm sticking to 10-6. I see a Split w/ Giants and Commanders, Denver, New Orleans, Green Bay, and either Chicago/Detroit but its the NFL so we'll just have to see how it plays out 'cause it is hard to predict what'll happen.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zordon;5053325 said:

anj113;5054060 said:
Average to bad teams kill themselves that lose games... It happens every year

Yep. We're obviously not where we need to be on that score yet.