***2013 Nfl Draft Round 3 Discussion Thread***

popp1234

Reaction score
RastaRocket;5065854 said:
Escobar could end up being the biggest game changer from this draft. I don't get why people dislike the pick so much.

...and I think you, sir, are correct... I really really like this pick!

jnday

Reaction score
RastaRocket;5065854 said:
Escobar could end up being the biggest game changer from this draft. I don't get why people dislike the pick so much.

TE was not a position of great need is the biggest reason. It would be compared to drafting another CB in the second, if that makes sense.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
bkight13;5065968 said:
I guess they never heard of Gronk and Hernandez. Mismatch City.

Does anyone really think dallas 2TE set will be run like NE?

First, NE runs a blistering place on offense and sub packages on Defenses are mitigated. Dallas is a slow and plodding offense in execution.

2nd, the timing an routed for NE via Brady is much more adept than the Cowboys. Romo is actually at his best when he improvises. He doesn't like to through someone open or fit it in super tight windows.

This isn't a bash on Romo, but I dont see Dallas using the 2TE set effectively.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
McLovin;5066186 said:
Does anyone really think dallas 2TE set will be run like NE?

First, NE runs a blistering place on offense and sub packages on Defenses are mitigated. Dallas is a slow and plodding offense in execution.

2nd, the timing an routed for NE via Brady is much more adept than the Cowboys. Romo is actually at his best when he improvises. He doesn't like to through someone open or fit it in super tight windows.

From some of Jerry's comments, I believe we're going to employ more hurry-up this year with Romo calling plays at the line.

Gaede

Reaction score
DallasDomination;5066283 said:
Do you guys see Rb and if so who?
If Taylor is there, I see us drafting him...I think he goes before our pick though

I expect Randle

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Gaede;5066338 said:
If Taylor is there, I see us drafting him...I think he goes before our pick though

I expect Randle

I think we'll be looking for a RB. Not crazy about Taylor. I like Randle better. Don't cry if they take Lattimore. He should go off the board fairly early today. I really haven't followed the remaining CBs but they should be looking there as well.

Gaede

Reaction score
Speaking of CBs, I wouldn't be surprised to see us take Robey at some point today.

fishspill

Reaction score
RB is still deep. Unless there's a run or someone you're in love with you can wait on them.

Eddie

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;5065830 said:
The last 2 picks really saved the draft, it was looking pretty bad after we took the tight end

Agreed.

Eddie

Reaction score
McLovin;5066186 said:

Yep ... tried it with Fasano. Failed.

Tried it with Bennett. Failed.

How many more TE's are we going to blame?