***2013 Nfl Draft Round 3 Discussion Thread***

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;5065610 said:
OL/Defensive front 7 -- Frederick
Skill/edge players -- Escobar, Williams, Wilcox.

Still don't know how to build from the inside out.

Are we grumpy!?

[youtube]zvwV9Q5OysI[/youtube]

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Aw man Texans took Montgomery. Should be a good edge rusher to pair with Mercilus and Brooks Reed

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
jobberone;5065657 said:
I like the way this player runs but I worry about his staying healthy. He'll probably be ok.

They now have two backs with incredible speed.

Fredd

Reaction score
and that, as they say, is that

rounds 4- 6 tomorrow (7 if we end up getting a pick somehow)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;5065648 said:
Aw man Texans took Montgomery. Should be a good edge rusher to pair with Mercilus and Brooks Reed

I don't like LBs with poor instincts but that could change for him. Not sure. But he shore is fast. {Forest Gump}

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
MonsterD;5065661 said:
They now have two backs with incredible speed.

Can't teach speed. You know that player and entire team was disappointing this year.

reddyuta

Reaction score
We drafted 3 potential starters and a backup in Escobar,it could have been worse.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I guess OLine is the way to go in the 4th. Would love Okafor but I doubt he lasts all the way to 114. And the rest of the remaining DLine prospects aren't anything to get excited about...definitely no starters left.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
reddyuta;5065681 said:
We drafted 3 potential starters and a backup in Escobar,it could have been worse.

Again, and for the millionth time, if we have a base 12, THE SECOND TE IS A STARTER.

reddyuta

Reaction score
TheRomoSexual;5065760 said:
Again, and for the millionth time, if we have a base 12, THE SECOND TE IS A STARTER.

this is you assumption,i refuse to believe we run a base 12 unless Garrett specifically says so.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess our front office feels like we were only a Travis Frederick away from a salty offensive line.

I can't wait to read how he will make Livings and Bernadeau better. Good stuff.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Risen Star;5065785 said:
I guess our front office feels like we were only a Travis Frederick away from a salty offensive line.

I can't wait to read how he will make Livings and Bernadeau better. Good stuff.

To be fair, maybe you should wait until after the draft to post this. Several good lineman prospects still left, as are several FA prospects.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
reddyuta;5065681 said:

Outside of Escobar, I like what we addressed.

Everyone knew our interior line needed massive work, so we added a massive road grader in Frederick who can play center or guard. More work needs to be done there, but it's probably best done in free agency with Clabo, Winston and/or Brandon Moore.

Miles Austin's injuries have been a big concern the past two years, so Dallas drafts a big receiver who could end up as his replacement on the outside.

Safety was one of our top concerns, and it wasn't alleviated in FA, so Dallas gets a converted receiver who showed great potential at the position to compete with another potential starter the team really likes.

If Escobar secures the future of the TE position and provides a second threat in the presence that allows Dallas to effectively use two-TE formations, then it will be all good.

I know some people's pet cats were bypassed and blaming Jerry is what it's all about, but this draft haul seems to be full of guys who will contribute. Of course, it might not work out that way, but it's possible Dallas upgraded at four positions.

Frederick for Cook/Costa/Bernadeau

Escobar for Phillips

Williams for Ogletree

Wilcox for Sensabaugh

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;5065705 said:
I guess OLine is the way to go in the 4th. Would love Okafor but I doubt he lasts all the way to 114. And the rest of the remaining DLine prospects aren't anything to get excited about...definitely no starters left.

Tell that to Jay Ratliff.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
reddyuta;5065681 said:

The last 2 picks really saved the draft, it was looking pretty bad after we took the tight end

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Escobar could end up being the biggest game changer from this draft. I don't get why people dislike the pick so much.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
RastaRocket;5065854 said:
Escobar could end up being the biggest game changer from this draft. I don't get why people dislike the pick so much.

I guess they never heard of Gronk and Hernandez. Mismatch City.