***2013 NFL DRAFT ROUND 4, 5, 6 and 7 Discussion Thread***

zack

Reaction score
DOUBLE WING;5067042 said:
Jerry is so predictable. Almost every year he's got to get his tight end, small school project safety and cornerback. It's like clockwork.

So the real question is, how many starters did we get out of this draft? One? I don't understand this draft at all. It's not like we are 12-4 and we need to fill in depth.

FiveRings

Reaction score
AbeBeta;5067035 said:
They rarely talk about every pick in the later rounds.

Some people want toto see bias in everything - of course they are talking to bigger name guys

They didn't even introduce the pick! And Escobar and Williams they hardly showed numbers, highlights or anything. Screw 'em

coogrfan

Reaction score
Risen Star;5067006 said:
Another Kiper sleeper.

But on a team so weak at the line of scrimmage, this pick does absolutely nothing to help you fix the team.

Exactly. Five players selected in the first four rounds, and only one of them is a lineman? :confused:

Unbelievable.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
8 INTs in 2009?

Says he things he has ball skills like Asante.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
At least he has dreads. Combined with Frederick this draft has really done a lot to improve the hair style variety on the team.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hoofbite;5067041 said:
Easily?

I hope not.

4th rounders shouldn't be filling in for $50M free agents or Top 5 picks all that easily. Unless you strike gold with the pick or completely screw up at the other two moves, easily shouldn't be in the equation.

Of course not easily but he will be our best option if that happened. The kid can play, I like the pick.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Plankton;5067053 said:
Webb is a solid value, but he was not a better value than Khaseem Greene or Kevin Reddick. Again, where are the lines?

What I would have done - LB Khaseem Greene Rutgers

If they would have taken an LB, you would still be complaining about not addressing the lines...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Awakened;5067029 said:
Isn't Scandrick still under contract? I guess his days are numbered?

Actually Scandrick fits the Tampa 2 better than the starters.

jimmy40

Reaction score
AbeBeta;5067035 said:
They rarely talk about every pick in the later rounds.

Some people want to see bias in everything - of course they are talking to bigger name guys
it's ridiculous, Barkley's been the story for two days, of course they're going to talk about him over some corner no one's ever heard of, they also ignored Landry Jones to Pittsburg. ESPN hates Pittsburg.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Norm Hitzges just said that Jerry Jones has drafted more players from William & Mary than he has Alabama.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Already picking for depth in the 4th round? Webb will start the season as the 4th CB at best :confused: Could have found someone who will at least challenge for a starting job at a position

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Risen Star;5067044 said:
Yeah, I know what they think. I was going with reality where they suck. Last year it was Tyron Smith and 4 stiffs. This year it'll be Tyron, Travis and 3 stiffs.
That's progress. I will admit I was wrong, I have been saying all off season that the same 5 OL will be starting on opening night. I may still be right, but it looks like we get a new center.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
From a value standpoint, probably Dallas' best pick so far. I thought he would go in the 4th but had him as the #3 corner. I thought he looked terrific in the SB practices. A few technique flaws but seemed to take to coaching.

Only real negative is in the few W&M games I saw, he didn't seem that willing to tackle and those were smaller, slower 1-AA kids.

He should see some playing time as the #4 CB.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
The Cowboys restructured Scandrick's contract last month - not sure what that means, but it seems doubtful they would restructure then release him.

Plankton

Reaction score
Meat-O-Rama;5067078 said:
If they would have taken an LB, you would still be complaining about not addressing the lines...

Ummm....considering that I said that I would have taken a LB at this pick, not so much.

I had an issue when they took Escobar yesterday. Not with the player, but with the position.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
They have Kiffin on the radio.

Mumbling and whispering at one second, yelling at the next.