***2013 NFL DRAFT ROUND 4, 5, 6 and 7 Discussion Thread***

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Isn't Scandrick still under contract? I guess his days are numbered?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Risen Star;5067006 said:
Another Kiper sleeper.

But on a team so weak at the line of scrimmage, this pick does absolutely nothing to help you fix the team.

I think the team is going with either Parnell or a FA at RT. And think that one of the younger guys - Leary maybe- will step up at Guard. With Fredrick at Center and Livings or Bernie at the other guard they think that all together will be good enough

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When we made the Frederick pick I was afraid the two idiots who run this team would completely ignore the trenches after that. That's exactly what happened.

Wood

Reaction score
one thing I will Garrett credit on is drafting several players with thuggish mentality. Dallas badly needed that

AbeBeta

Reaction score
FiveRings;5067019 said:
This is BS in the first when we were on the clock they were talking about the Ravens pick, now they're talking to Barkley. I wonder what it's like to see your team draft

They rarely talk about every pick in the later rounds.

Some people want to see bias in everything - of course they are talking to bigger name guys

Eskimo

Reaction score
I don't know why we didn't go DL here with Jesse Williams on the board. We could really use a 1-tech with only Rat and Lissemore on the roster right now. Brent is unlikely to play this year. Crawford can only play the 3-tech, not the 1-tech. I'm not convinced Callaway is a player at all for us. Bass is too small for it, too. Williams was served up on the platter as a value pick on the fourth and we go for another CB.

I assume this has to be a BPA because we are 4-deep at CB and we don't need a returner with Harris on the roster and Wilcox looks like he can return, too.

The kid is:

fast with a 40 at 4.46

good quickness with 3-cone drill 3.84

agile with a 3-cone drill of 6.82

explosive with a vert of 40.5 and broad jump 11-0.

I can only support this pick if he let's us release OScan.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
IAmLegend;5067003 said:
CB B.W. Webb

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Wiry strong corner with a tenacious attitude. Aware zone corner, keeps his eyes in the backfield and reacts quickly to throws in his area. Athleticism jumps off the tape. Excellent ball skills. Displays the strong hands for interception. Impressive vertical jump to play the ball in the air and high-point passes. Has foot quickness to stay with his man after a cut. Explosive closing burst and click-and-close ability. Excellent recovery speed. Good length to wrap up receivers after the catch on quick screens. Willing tackler in the open field.

WEAKNESSES Average height for the position, and is thin in the hips. Plays a lot of zone and off coverage, lacks experience in backpedal. Seemingly does very little pattern-reading; focuses on the backfield and gets caught ball watching. Press coverage needs a lot of work – doesn’t shoot his hands and gets on his heels quickly. Also must show scouts he can find the ball in man coverage. Has played most of his games against a lower level of competition. Doesn’t like to fight through blocks and screens.

NFL COMPARISON Adam Jones

BOTTOM LINE
Webb has been a star since picking off Virginia three times in the Tribe’s 2009 opening-weekend shocker. The four-year starter has the hands and cover skills (if average size) to be one of the top “small school” prospects in the draft. He projects as at least a reliable nickel back on defense and a regular contributor on special teams -– and possibly more (he has the athleticism and cover skills to play outside), much like recent third-round picks from smaller schools Dwight Bentley (Louisiana-Lafayette) and Lardarius Webb (Nicholls State). After showing he can hold his own at the Senior Bowl, and if he performs well at the combine, his stock could skyrocket to the third round or higher.

Sounds solid but still would've preferred OL or DL or RB.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
dexternjack;5067010 said:
Webb can easily fill in for Mo or Carr if they get hurt. Also, will play day one in the nickel. He is an athlete

Easily?

I hope not.

4th rounders shouldn't be filling in for $50M free agents or Top 5 picks all that easily. Unless you strike gold with the pick or completely screw up at the other two moves, easily shouldn't be in the equation.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Jerry is so predictable. Almost every year he's got to get his tight end, small school project safety and cornerback. It's like clockwork.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;5067030 said:
I think the team is going with either Parnell or a FA at RT. And think that one of the younger guys - Leary maybe- will step up at Guard. With Fredrick at Center and Livings or Bernie at the other guard they think that all together will be good enough

Yeah, I know what they think. I was going with reality where they suck. Last year it was Tyron Smith and 4 stiffs. This year it'll be Tyron, Travis and 3 stiffs.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Local guy here in Hampton roads. He's a player and a good kid He'll become a fan favorite real quick.

burmafrd

Reaction score
AbeBeta;5067024 said:
they announced it nearly 5 minutes ago and have moved on the Pitt, who they just showed drafted Landry Jones

this year NFL network has totally owned BSPN as regards draft coverage. Halfway through the first round I have stayed with NFL since.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
Risen Star;5067006 said:
Another Kiper sleeper.

But on a team so weak at the line of scrimmage, this pick does absolutely nothing to help you fix the team.

I don't think we understand how to evaluate OLs and DLs.

All we know is back end players.

RamziD

Reaction score
Awakened;5067029 said:
Isn't Scandrick still under contract? I guess his days are numbered?

Do we get any cap relief from making Scandrick a June 1st cut? SMH...

Plankton

Reaction score
Webb is a solid value, but he was not a better value than Khaseem Greene or Kevin Reddick. Again, where are the lines?

What I would have done - LB Khaseem Greene Rutgers

Rhubarb

Reaction score
AbeBeta;5067024 said:
they announced it nearly 5 minutes ago and have moved on the Pitt, who they just showed drafted Landry Jones

Actually it happened to me as well - got cut off and came back, were onto Pitt. Saw it on the scroll so it's no big deal, but was just terrible timing.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Risen Star;5067032 said:
When we made the Frederick pick I was afraid the two idiots who run this team would completely ignore the trenches after that. That's exactly what happened.

Yeah, it's really amazing...

burmafrd

Reaction score
Risen Star;5067044 said:
Yeah, I know what they think. I was going with reality where they suck. Last year it was Tyron Smith and 4 stiffs. This year it'll be Tyron, Travis and 3 stiffs.

Clabo is good so that gives us 3 at least. Two more than last year