***2013 NFL DRAFT ROUND 4, 5, 6 and 7 Discussion Thread***

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Norm said Webb scored #1 overall of all Cb's in combine for measurables

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Wasn't a high need, but good value. I like the pick.

He can return kicks too.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
CB B.W. Webb

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Wiry strong corner with a tenacious attitude. Aware zone corner, keeps his eyes in the backfield and reacts quickly to throws in his area. Athleticism jumps off the tape. Excellent ball skills. Displays the strong hands for interception. Impressive vertical jump to play the ball in the air and high-point passes. Has foot quickness to stay with his man after a cut. Explosive closing burst and click-and-close ability. Excellent recovery speed. Good length to wrap up receivers after the catch on quick screens. Willing tackler in the open field.

WEAKNESSES Average height for the position, and is thin in the hips. Plays a lot of zone and off coverage, lacks experience in backpedal. Seemingly does very little pattern-reading; focuses on the backfield and gets caught ball watching. Press coverage needs a lot of work – doesn’t shoot his hands and gets on his heels quickly. Also must show scouts he can find the ball in man coverage. Has played most of his games against a lower level of competition. Doesn’t like to fight through blocks and screens.

NFL COMPARISON Adam Jones

BOTTOM LINE
Webb has been a star since picking off Virginia three times in the Tribe’s 2009 opening-weekend shocker. The four-year starter has the hands and cover skills (if average size) to be one of the top “small school” prospects in the draft. He projects as at least a reliable nickel back on defense and a regular contributor on special teams -– and possibly more (he has the athleticism and cover skills to play outside), much like recent third-round picks from smaller schools Dwight Bentley (Louisiana-Lafayette) and Lardarius Webb (Nicholls State). After showing he can hold his own at the Senior Bowl, and if he performs well at the combine, his stock could skyrocket to the third round or higher.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another Kiper sleeper.

But on a team so weak at the line of scrimmage, this pick does absolutely nothing to help you fix the team.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Webb can easily fill in for Mo or Carr if they get hurt. Also, will play day one in the nickel. He is an athlete

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another corner...

I can see the tears of joy welling up in Risen Star's eyes right now. :)

DFWJC

Reaction score
I like Webb. good value.

But if you told me 5 picks into this draft we would have taken only one oline or dline player, I would have been sick.

Hope we add a decent FA at RT or OG

Nobody can argue that Dallas is not going fairly strict BPA.
TE, WR, CB....I'd say there are needs but way WAY more needs elsewhere.

Anyway, in the end, this kid is good value

RamziD

Reaction score
I'm sure he's a good prospect, but do we really need to draft our 4th CB with the 4th round pick over a RB or OG?

Z mann R2

Reaction score
Guys. Do yourself a favor and take it off espn and put on NFL network. They did a full analysis of Webb while espn just had a commercial

FiveRings

Reaction score
This is BS in the first when we were on the clock they were talking about the Ravens pick, now they're talking to Barkley. I wonder what it's like to see your team draft

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Teague31;5066995 said:
espn interviewing barkley. pick not announced. no highlights. figures

they announced it nearly 5 minutes ago and have moved on the Pitt, who they just showed drafted Landry Jones

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Z mann R2;5066997 said:
3rd best punt returner in the draft. Good pick. Starting nickel back too

Awesome. That'll make him like the 3rd or 4th best PR on the team.

Dez
Harris
Claiborne