***2013 NFL DRAFT ROUND 4, 5, 6 and 7 Discussion Thread***

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
unionjack8;5067973 said:
yeah but he can learn how to develop from matt johnson, our development guy who didnt get chance to develop last year because he developed lots of injuries.

yeah, he's allergic to the green substance on the field, called turf/grass!!

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
In essence we have another safety in Johnson and another LBer in McSurdy that might as well be considered part of this year's draft class. Due to injuries they couldn't get on the field last year. Will they be anything? Who knows, but they do have the benefit of actually being on an NFL team for a year so they've got a headstart on rookies. Am I reaching? LOL

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Star4Ever;5067989 said:
In essence we have another safety in Johnson and another LBer in McSurdy that might as well be considered part of this year's draft class. Due to injuries they couldn't get on the field last year. Will they be anything? Who knows, but they do have the benefit of actually being on an NFL team for a year so they've got a headstart on rookies. Am I reaching? LOL

I'd call that optimistic and a good outlook. We'll see. S is a bit of a question mark for us.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DWAREZ;5067897 said:
6'2 243 or so..sorry he is not a S, Monte wanted a LB.

No one said he should play safety, the original question was asked as a joke and you're taking it very seriously.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
wileedog;5067997 said:
I think that would be today's understatement of the day.

:laugh2: Well you have Church who I think can work and Allen can play some. So Johnson and Wilcox are the questions. We already know McCray struggles there although maybe the lights come on this year.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Can't believe Gragg is still on the board. He could end up being a better TE than Escobar.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Star4Ever;5067989 said:

Danny Coale too

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
TheCount;5068000 said:
No one said he should play safety, the original question was asked as a joke and you're taking it very seriously.

Not really but you must admit there are actually dumb people that think it should be a possibility.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Awakened;5068011 said:
Can't believe Gragg is still on the board. He could end up being a better TE than Escobar.

Fast. But short and not big. Injuries probably hurting him. Not sure where to put him if he can't play WR. I suppose he could be a hybrid. If he can get open and catch the ball he doesn't have to be a big blocker or receiver. Not sure the NFL is looking for 6-3 smallish TEs.

Edit: Can he play FB/RB??

wileedog

Reaction score
jobberone;5068001 said:
:laugh2: Well you have Church who I think can work and Allen can play some. So Johnson and Wilcox are the questions. We already know McCray struggles there although maybe the lights come on this year.

Church and Allen look like more of the same to me. Not real upgrades over the Sensey's & Co. we have been rolling out there for the past 8 years.

Who knows if Johnson can even stay on the field, much less play, and Wilcox has played exactly 1 season as a safety in college. To ask him to start there as a rookie in the NFL, or even make a significant contribution, is quite a reach. He's the definition of project.

So yeah, question marks indeed. :)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
wileedog;5068022 said:
Church and Allen look like more of the same to me. Not real upgrades over the Sensey's & Co. we have been rolling out there for the past 8 years.

Who knows if Johnson can even stay on the field, much less play, and Wilcox has played exactly 1 season as a safety in college. To ask him to start there as a rookie in the NFL, or even make a significant contribution, is quite a reach. He's the definition of project.

So yeah, question marks indeed. :)

I like Church better than you must so I think its not a huge problem. But I admit I'd have liked a S with more experience. I'm not expecting Wilcox to add a lot this year at the S position. If he does then great. STs, KO, maybe PR. Allen may help some if he doesn't get beaten out.

Edit: And yes it's not a strength. :)

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
jobberone;5068021 said:
Fast. But short and not big. Injuries probably hurting him. Not sure where to put him if he can't play WR. I suppose he could be a hybrid. If he can get open and catch the ball he doesn't have to be a big blocker or receiver. Not sure the NFL is looking for 6-3 smallish TEs.

Edit: Can he play FB/RB??

Successful NFL TE's who are 6-3 or shorter:

Owen Daniels
Vernon Davis
Aaron Hernandez
Dustin Keller

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Awakened;5068120 said:
Successful NFL TE's who are 6-3 or shorter:

Owen Daniels
Vernon Davis
Aaron Hernandez
Dustin Keller

You're right. He looks smallish to me. Should have looked at his metrics better. I stand corrected. At least three of those are really hybrids but that doesn't detract from your point.

Ken

Reaction score
Cowboys trying to get back into the 7th to take LB McGee

honyock

Reaction score
Okay, there is talk on 105.3 that they're trying to trade a next year pick to get back in the 7th. Brandon Magee, who they have a 4th round grade on.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 1m
#Cowboys staffer tells me they are shuffling thru QB names right now as UDRFAs

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
jobberone;5068142 said:
You're right. He looks smallish to me. Should have looked at his metrics better. I stand corrected. At least three of those are really hybrids but that doesn't detract from your point.

I'm always stunned when someone around here concedes a point. You have my respect. :bow:

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Ha! There goes Gragg to Buffalo. Poor guy. Fellas from south Arkansas have quite an adjustment to Buffalo.