2013 NHL Playoff thread

CashMan

Reaction score
I hate saying this, but I think the Hawks will win game 1, the Boston will win the next 4. Hawks have too many injuries. Sharp has a torn rotator-cuff, Toews has something wrong with his wrist/finger, and something is wrong with Hossa.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
It's hard to see a completely healthy team beating the Bruins with the way Boston is playing defense.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
All I care about now is that Marchand gets me a lot of points as I am in third in my office pool. Toews has done nothing for me.

I am two points out of first and one out of second.

CashMan

Reaction score
3 OTs for the Hawks to win. WOWZERS!

I think the longer the games go, and if the series goes to 7, it is in the Hawks' advantage, as they are younger and have speed.

They figured out how to beat Pronger, a few years ago, maybe they can figure out Chara. When I see him, I think of Xerxes. Maybe Andrew Shaw, can get to him. Literally a David and Goliath matchup.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Great game!

Both teams had thier chances in the OT's.

The Hawks have some grit for sure.

Hossa scares me!

Krug was bound to remind us he's a rookie sooner or later.

I hope the ref's continue to stay out of the way. (except to make an example of Shaw if he continues that BS - Chara's "high sticking" penalty)

Losing Horton might be a blessing in disguise. Forces Seguin to the 1st line and more importantly forces a change to the third line which is by far the team's biggest weakness.

CashMan

Reaction score
Vtwin;5099684 said:
I hope the ref's continue to stay out of the way. (except to make an example of Shaw if he continues that BS - Chara's "high sticking" penalty)

Ohhh stop it... Every physical team throws cheap shots, face smacks ect, when it happens to your team, suck it up. Detroit did it to the Hawks, Kings did a lighter version, and now I am sure Boston will get their licks in. Shaws job, atm is to mess with Chara.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
CashMan;5099721 said:
Ohhh stop it... Every physical team throws cheap shots, face smacks ect, when it happens to your team, suck it up. Detroit did it to the Hawks, Kings did a lighter version, and now I am sure Boston will get their licks in. Shaws job, atm is to mess with Chara.

Whoa....

Slow your roll friend.

I agree 100%. I even said " I hope the refs continue to stay out of the way".

I am talking about the blatant embellishment by Shaw that resulted in a minor penalty to Chara. Chara gave him the stick in the chest and Shaw snapped his head back like he got cross-checked in the face. Even had the ref looking for blood, lol. There is no reason to resort to that stuff. Extra jab with the stick, elbow, hand... no problem. That's the way the game is played. Diving like a soccer player..... NO.

One thing that bothers me with the series is that I can't generate any hate for the Hawks. I like the way they play the game. They don't seem to play the Habs/Penguins/Canucks game of "manufacturing" power plays. They play hard and fast and take no crap. A lot like the Bruins.

When Marchand began to follow the crowd and took some dives last season the Bruins board was livid with him and he was "talked to" by everyone from Chara to Chia about how that's not the way the Bruins play hockey.

Looks like Chicago is more or less the same and Shaw is letting his youthful exuberance get the better of him.

Two great teams going to war.

Should be a great series!

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Nothing can top the intensity of NHL playoffs, not even NFL playoffs are as intense as the NHL.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
Vtwin;5099802 said:
Whoa....

Slow your roll friend.

I agree 100%. I even said " I hope the refs continue to stay out of the way".

I am talking about the blatant embellishment by Shaw that resulted in a minor penalty to Chara. Chara gave him the stick in the chest and Shaw snapped his head back like he got cross-checked in the face. Even had the ref looking for blood, lol. There is no reason to resort to that stuff. Extra jab with the stick, elbow, hand... no problem. That's the way the game is played. Diving like a soccer player..... NO.

One thing that bothers me with the series is that I can't generate any hate for the Hawks. I like the way they play the game. They don't seem to play the Habs/Penguins/Canucks game of "manufacturing" power plays. They play hard and fast and take no crap. A lot like the Bruins.

When Marchand began to follow the crowd and took some dives last season the Bruins board was livid with him and he was "talked to" by everyone from Chara to Chia about how that's not the way the Bruins play hockey.

Looks like Chicago is more or less the same and Shaw is letting his youthful exuberance get the better of him.

Two great teams going to war.

Should be a great series!

If it wasnt a high stick it was a cross check for sure. Then the manbeast Zdeno fell down like a ton of bricks behind the net on Froliks tripping call.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
BMnY-IiCAAEUekf.jpg:large

Oh and this. One of the best players in the league sacrificing himself to win a game.

LETS GO HAWKS

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
RastaRocket;5099829 said:
Nothing can top the intensity of NHL playoffs, not even NFL playoffs are as intense as the NHL.
Completely agree.

Though I dont like the amount of diving/embellishment that is working its way into the league.

CashMan

Reaction score
17yearsandcounting;5100359 said:
BMnY-IiCAAEUekf.jpg:large

Oh and this. One of the best players in the league sacrificing himself to win a game.

LETS GO HAWKS

A little passion of the looking there...lol

Will not let me add a word, but it is a movie directed by Mel Gibson.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Future;5100394 said:
Completely agree.

Though I dont like the amount of diving/embellishment that is working its way into the league.

aww come on, look how fun it has made the NBA:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CashMan

Reaction score
Biggems;5100694 said:
aww come on, look how fun it has made the NBA:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think the difference is, in the NBA if you give up 2pts, it is easy to make that up, if someone is trying to flop, in the NHL if someone scores, it is a bigger deal giving up a goal.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I don't care for either team but I have to say the NHL playoffs are alot of fun to watch.

I'm having to bounce all over the satellite though to get the games. One night it's on NBC. The next game on the hockey channel.