2014-15 European Soccer thread (Premier League, Champions league, etc)

joseephuss

Reaction score
This was a strange, unexpected move. I've heard nothing, but good things about Pulis. CP must have really ticked him off.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/...al-palace-manager-on-eve-new-english-premier/

Tony Pulis drops out as Crystal Palace manager on eve of new English Premier League season

LONDON – Tony Pulis has left his position as Crystal Palace manager, plunging the club into turmoil just a day before it starts the English Premier League season.

Pulis walked away with mutual consent late Thursday, but Palace wouldn't confirm it until Friday.

Keith Millen, the assistant manager, will take temporary charge of the team for the match at Arsenal on Saturday.

British media reported that Pulis grew frustrated at the club's lack of transfer activity this offseason, and had a deteriorating relationship with Palace co-chairman Steve Parish. They talked on Thursday.

Palace signed just three players — Fraizer Campbell, Brede Hangeland and Martin Kelly, who joined on Thursday — over the summer at a combined reported cost of around 2.5 million pounds ($4.2 million).

Pulis kept Palace in England's lucrative top division last season despite the team having just four points from 11 matches and lying in last place when he was hired in November.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The only thing that makes sense with Pulis is if he was promised more spending.
Quitting so close to opening day is as odd as it gets.
As close as CP came to relegation you'd think they would have spent more openly to remain above water this year.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Anyone else here follow or listen to the men in blazers?

I listened to them for a little while when they had a show on Sirius/XM. I didn't like them. I gave them a shot, but I just found them annoying.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The only thing that makes sense with Pulis is if he was promised more spending.
Quitting so close to opening day is as odd as it gets.
As close as CP came to relegation you'd think they would have spent more openly to remain above water this year.

That seems to be common thought on what occurred.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Caught some opening day play.
Everton gave one away with terrible defending.
ManU apparently was dreadful.
Is Arsenal a pretender again..? Or they really coming for the big dogs?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
LP get off with 3 points but looked pretty shaky.
The defending was actually suspect but they got more chances than I expected minus Suarez.

MC KAos

Reaction score
good victory for my citizens! hopefully we can beat liverpool next week

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I really like the look of this Chelsea side.
Cesc adds so much passing acumen and fits perfectly.
Diego Costa was a bigger threat today than they've had since Drogba was starring.

This team should make a good UCL run and compete for the EPL title.
They've got a shot at the double.

JBS

Reaction score
Does anyone knows what channel the second leg of the Spanish super cup is on? I have dtv at home and Verizon fios at my office.. .so either provider would work for me... Cant find it anywhere except espn deportes, which i dont have

JBS

Reaction score
the second leg of the spanish super cup is on espn deportes...luckily for me, I do get this channel at my office...I guess I will just have to stay here until the end of the match...should be fun...ronaldo starts the match on the bench...varane starts over pepe and casillas still in goal

MC KAos

Reaction score
Atleti is no joke! I think la liga is the best league in the world at the moment. Just wish their rights were on a regular cable channel

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Last night was thoroughly depressing. What's the odds we get drawn in the same group as Legia Warsaw now?

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Atleti is no joke! I think la liga is the best league in the world at the moment. Just wish their rights were on a regular cable channel

In terms of quality of the top 3 yes but for entertaining football I prefer the Bundesliga.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see Eto'o and Lukaku now at Everton... like they would have been at Chelsea.

joseephuss

Reaction score
What an entertaining game between Chelsea and Everton. Costa has earned his money already.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
What an entertaining game between Chelsea and Everton. Costa has earned his money already.

Wow, no kidding. As a Chelsea fan I was torn on Torres. Wanted to like him but he always seemed a little flat and lacking.
After a couple games of Costa there is no doubt how poorly Torres played the past couple of seasons(and really since he first arrived at the Bridge).

Was really fun to watch the attacking play on both sides. It was like watching two spreads team sin college football.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Wow, Real Madrid laid an egg. Up 2-0 just 11 minutes into the game and came out 4-2 losers.