2014 QB Class is STACKED - Cowboys Options

RS12

Reaction score
Tajh Boyd - QB - Tigers
Clemson QB Tajh Boyd completed 31 of 40 attempts for 378 passing yards, five touchdowns and two interceptions in a 40-35 victory against Ohio State in Friday's Orange Bowl.

He also gashed OSU on the ground, running for 127 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries. Boyd finished the season by throwing for three or more touchdowns in four of five games. Despite a stellar performance in an upset win, the polarizing prospect drew heat from analysts during the contest after throwing a pair of interceptions. "At this point, it would be a surprise if Boyd cracks the top-32 picks," CBS Sports' Dane Brugler tweeted during the game, "and it wouldn't surprise me if he's not drafted in the top-75 either." He added in another tweet: "Over the summer, I thought Boyd could be a 1st rounder but in my opinion he showed almost no improvement from 2012, especially with accuracy."

Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter
Jan 4 - 12:31 AM
Blake Bortles - QB - Golden Knights
CBS Sports' Dane Brugler tweeted that "people are going to be shocked when" UCF redshirt junior QB Blake Bortles "goes No. 1 overall to the Texans."

"Bortles going top-10 isn't a media creation," Brugler tweeted on Thursday. "Because some scouts think he's the top QB, does that mean a GM will draft him top-10? Of course not. But it's not as crazy as most think." The NFL's draft advisory board gave Bortles mostly first-round grades and it would be an utter shock if he doesn't declare for the draft prior to Jan. 15's deadline. The 6-foot-5, 230-pound signal caller's movement skills and strength in the pocket remind us of Andrew Luck and Ben Roethlisberger.

Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter
Jan 3 - 11:46 PM

KB1122

Reaction score
Looking at the top 8 teams:

Houston
St. Louis
Jax
Cleveland
Oakland
Atlanta
Tampa
Minnesota

Which ones would absolutely surprise you if they took a quarterback? Atlanta. That's the only one that I can't see. I don't think St. Louis will, but it's not out of the question. Thinking about it, if they decide against Bradford, then the odds of them using it on a quarterback go way up (They won't be in that high position again). And they also could trade the pick to a qb-hungry team.

To get one of the top prospects I suspect that you would have to trade above Minnesota. And Minnesota might have to trade above Minnesota.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Another guy to keep an eye on this Saturday at the Senior Bowl

1w4ocZ.Em.138.jpeg