2014 Truck choice - thoughts needed

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Looking at going back to a truck. Had the following 3 in the mind and just wanted if anyone had 1 of the 3 and what there thoughts are. I've been reading the reviews of each, but was looking for personal experiences.

Sierra/Silverado Double Cab
F150 Supercrew
Tundra Double Cab

thanks for any info.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
truck9.jpg

Too flashy?:D

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Ford for everyday off road use like ranching for instance.

Toyota or GM for city use...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Have had a Silverado and a 150, both are dependable, nothing flashy. Check out a Dodge Ram, always liked the look of them.......

RM014_023FN.jpg

Love their interiors the most.

2014-Ram-1500-EcoDiesel-interior.jpg

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I've always driven Fords and currently have a 2011 F150 SC. Keep in mind the 2015 F150 is going to be a different truck than the 09-14 versions.

My Fords have been good to me. 150k on the last one with no unusual extra expenses. If you go with the Ford you have to decide between the turbo 6 ecoboost or the V-8 5.0. They also have a non-turbo 6 cyl and a monster 6.2l V-8 if you want the either extreme.

I went with the 5.0 myself. I get 22ish mpg on a long haul and 18ish on the regular commute. The turbo sounds like a sewing machine while the 5.0 has a real growl if that makes a difference.

kapolani

Reaction score
I just bought my first American vehicle.

I went with a 2014 Ford SuperCrew Raptor.

Truck is amazing. Very fun to drive in adverse conditions. It is a gas guzzler, though.

Only have 4500 miles on it, but haven't had any problems (knock on wood). Fit and finish is pretty good.

Previously I owned a 2012 Toyota. Great truck, but wanted more power and more off-road fun factor.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Looking at going back to a truck. Had the following 3 in the mind and just wanted if anyone had 1 of the 3 and what there thoughts are. I've been reading the reviews of each, but was looking for personal experiences.

Sierra/Silverado Double Cab
F150 Supercrew
Tundra Double Cab

thanks for any info.

Ford Harley Davidson or ford raptor.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Love the Raptor but you do give up some cargo/towing capacity to get the BAHA ready suspension if that is important.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Love the Raptor but 60K is a little out of my price range.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I just bought my first American vehicle.

I went with a 2014 Ford SuperCrew Raptor.

Truck is amazing. Very fun to drive in adverse conditions. It is a gas guzzler, though.

Only have 4500 miles on it, but haven't had any problems (knock on wood). Fit and finish is pretty good.

Previously I owned a 2012 Toyota. Great truck, but wanted more power and more off-road fun factor.

This is my dream vehicle. Currently saving my pennies so I can buy one. :)

Best vehicle I have ever owned as a Ford F-150 Supercrew FX4. And I've owned a Dodge pickup, Chevy Avalanche, and Chevy Tahoe LTZ. The ford was better, by far.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Do you NEED a truck? That is the first question you should ask yourself.

IF you answer yes, then HOW MUCH TRUCK do you need.

Half ton, 3/4, 1. OR go smaller to Toyota and company.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Have had a Silverado and a 150, both are dependable, nothing flashy. Check out a Dodge Ram, always liked the look of them.......

RM014_023FN.jpg

Love their interiors the most.

2014-Ram-1500-EcoDiesel-interior.jpg

And the fact they finally have a 1500 with a diesel!!!! I've been waiting a long time for this. As a Chevy guy I'm disappointed in GM for not introducing a 6 cylinder diesel. Yet they want to put a 5 cylinder diesel in the Colorado. SMH

But yes the choice is the new Ram (they dropped the Dodge). 1500 Ecodiesel

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
And the fact they finally have a 1500 with a diesel!!!! I've been waiting a long time for this. As a Chevy guy I'm disappointed in GM for not introducing a 6 cylinder diesel. Yet they want to put a 5 cylinder diesel in the Colorado. SMH

But yes the choice is the new Ram (they dropped the Dodge). 1500 Ecodiesel

Although my favorite is the Ford F-150, I enjoyed my dodge 1500. I just look at all the options available for the F-150 and 1500 as well as price comparison and the F-150 comes out on top.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Although my favorite is the Ford F-150, I enjoyed my dodge 1500. I just look at all the options available for the F-150 and 1500 as well as price comparison and the F-150 comes out on top.

A lot is going to come down to preference really. I would never own a Ford. Some won't own a Chevy. But really the best buy I've found is the new Ram, now with the diesel option makes it a pretty top notch truck. I am a Dealer account Manager for dealerships across the us for a large Finance company and from what I've seen on the finance front Ford has a great resale value

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chevy girl here.. At one point, my whole family had Chevys. I had a S-10. Mom had Silverado, Bro had a Suburban. I got a Trailblazer now with over 100k miles, so I'm still a fan. Ok gas mileage all things considered..

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Do you NEED a truck? That is the first question you should ask yourself.

IF you answer yes, then HOW MUCH TRUCK do you need.

Half ton, 3/4, 1. OR go smaller to Toyota and company.
Pretty important question.