2015 Houston Astros Thread

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Wow, they were actually on TV. It was great to finally be able to see this team play a televised game against someone other than the Rangers. What a great game it was. A 2-0 victory over last year's Cy Young winner is a great way to start the season. I am very pleased.

GO STROS.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Yeah I was watching them play (along with many others) at BWW and was kind of impressed...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch them too often, thanks to their TV Deal. However, I am excited about this year. If they can stay healthy, I believe an above .500 year is in order. I would love to see Bourn still on the team though. I think a one-two punch of Altuve and Bourn at the top would be awesome.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First in the AL West.

Granted it's only April 22nd, but they haven't been first this "late" in the season in a l...o...n...g time.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Two games above .500 near the end of April......Crown 'em.....LOL

Go Astros

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Stros sweep Oakland... In Oakland.

7-2 road trip.

No idea where this team is headed this season, but they have some talent.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Their pitcher today was not very good, and to be honest, he seems like the weak link in the starting rotation. I am very pleased with the starting group as a whole. Our bullpen has held up nicely so far. I really like Sipp as our main setup man. The bats are starting to come around with more consistency. If Springer and Gattis can bring up their averages to about .275 to .280, look out. Right now, both are below .200. Get those two going, and it will only make Altuve that much more effective as a lead off hitter.

The one thing that has impressed me the most this season is how clutch the have been late in close games, like today. I hope they can keep that up, if so, good things will be in store for this team.

Aggie87

Reaction score
I'd love to be able to watch them. Other than the season openers versus the Rangers, their games are not being shown here in Corpus.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I appreciate them sweeping Oakland, but No.

Go Rangers! :)

I think the Rangers are going to be destined to following in the Astro's wake over the next few season.

Given their prospect and their salary structure they can be the "bullies" in the division for a long time to come.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I live in Houston and really have not paid any attention to the Astros this season. The other day I checked the standing and to my utter shock they were sitting in 1st place.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still dumbfounded on how/why they are playing so well :(

Three areas...

1. They're getting very consistent starting pitching. The guys that did well last year are proving that they weren't flukes.

2. They GREATLY improved their relief pitching using relatively low cost options.

3. They added better players at 3B, SS and 1B/DH.

Expecting them to compete for a playoff spot is probably too much to expect this season BUT who knows?

AND the best is yet to come.

I know earlier this week when I looked at the standings EVERY team in the Houston Astro system from the big club to the "A" team were either in first or tied for first in their respective leagues-- every one.

IN ADDITION Houston is going to have 3 of the top 37 picks in the upcoming draft.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I live in Houston and really have not paid any attention to the Astros this season. The other day I checked the standing and to my utter shock they were sitting in 1st place.

It's an exciting team. It may not be a championship team yet, but it's an exciting team none the less.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Three areas...

1. They're getting very consistent starting pitching. The guys that did well last year are proving that they weren't flukes.

2. They GREATLY improved their relief pitching using relatively low cost options.

3. They added better players at 3B, SS and 1B/DH.

Expecting them to compete for a playoff spot is probably too much to expect this season BUT who knows?

AND the best is yet to come.

I know earlier this week when I looked at the standings EVERY team in the Houston Astro system from the big club to the "A" team were either in first or tied for first in their respective leagues-- every one.

IN ADDITION Houston is going to have 3 of the top 37 picks in the upcoming draft.

Yea, I know why, but it is still unacceptable!!!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My wife is a Stros fan, so in no way, shape or form can they be better than the Mets :(

Wow! You've got it rough.

Well this year I think the Mets will end up better than the Stros... but starting next season, all bets are off! ;)

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow! You've got it rough.

Well this year I think the Mets will end up better than the Stros... but starting next season, all bets are off! ;)

NY is about to fall back into the pack, their offense has hit mid-season form and the injuries are mounting up. They have no power bats with half of the line-up hitting below or near the mendoza line. Wright is on the DL for his first of three stints and Grandy has more walks than hits, heh.