2015 Houston Astros Thread

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonderful 7th inning for Houston.

Correa... What an amazing player for 21 years of age.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Wow this game is getting crazy. Both teams in the state are not having a good Monday :eek:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no idea what Hinch was doing leaving Harris out there.

I questioned even sending him out there in the 8th after sitting down for so long during the Astro's half of the 7th.

But then to leave him out there to give up single after single after single. Ugh.

Aggie87

Reaction score
Both losses in this series are a result of the shoddy bullpen - first one was on Oliver Perez, then this time around it was Harris & Sipp.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both losses in this series are a result of the shoddy bullpen - first one was on Oliver Perez, then this time around it was Harris & Sipp.

Sipp wasn't great but Hinch and Harris gave him no room for error.

The bullpen was wretched the last month of the season. The Astros so badly need a guy (or two) who can throw in the high 90's.

And I'd like to see a closer who throws something other than sliders.

Hopefully some new talent is brought in for the bullpen over the offseason.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Harris sucks....what little I have been able to see of the Astros, I have seen Harris stinking up the mound.

Sipp finally had a crap outing. I guess he was due, since he has been outstanding since the All-Star Break.

If we lose this series, I will be sick to my stomach for quite a while. We had game 2, gave it away. We had game 4, gave it away. We are so close, yet so far and it really irks me.

Can someone skip on over to Anaheim and steal their Rally Monkey.......

GO ASTROS

cowboys1981

Reaction score
The loss was devastating. Hopefully my Astros take the series tomorrow night. It's a daunting task but any thing can happen from the first pitch to the last. I can only imagine thw atmosphere of the home crowd tomorrow night.Just remove the seats. They won't be needed.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well last night's loss hurts, but this team had a heck of a season. Probably 2 years ahead of schedule.

Pitchers and catchers report in about 4 months. :)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Well last night's loss hurts, but this team had a heck of a season. Probably 2 years ahead of schedule.

Pitchers and catchers report in about 4 months. :)

I don't think sports is like that anymore. Look at Baltimore. Nothing is guaranteed about next year or the year after.

Cole Hammels has to seriously be contemplating his move to go to Texas. That was devastating.
The guy was a machine... Even after 100 pitches. Should have left him in.

Three errors in a row. Blue Jays may have been done after their catcher gaff.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think sports is like that anymore. Look at Baltimore. Nothing is guaranteed about next year or the year after.

Cole Hammels has to seriously be contemplating his move to go to Texas. That was devastating.
The guy was a machine... Even after 100 pitches. Should have left him in.

Three errors in a row. Blue Jays may have been done after their catcher gaff.

If the Astros were an older team like Baltimore and had a middling farm system and Baltimore's payroll, I'd agree.

But with the youth, the best minor league system in baseball and a low payroll, which allows them to add anyone they want... I'm feeling good about this club's chances next year.

In addition the Astros were horrid in one-run games... just miserable. They ended up with a record that was about -7 games worse than what it should have been... and as Bill James as shown, these things even out over time meaning next season could be even better.

And quite frankly what I'm seeing in the AL West doesn't impress me. Seattle's a car wreck. Oakland is back to square-one and the Angels have issues themselves.