2015 Houston Astros Thread

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's a non-issue...

“I don’t want to take anything away from his night,” outfielder Carl Crawford said.

Manager Don Mattingly also viewed the social media-driven controversy as a non-issue, saying, “I think it sounds like you’re whining if you look at it and talk about it.”

The consensus around the clubhouse was that a significant number of pitchers use something to improve their grip on the ball.

“I think it’s pretty much accepted, unless it’s blatantly obvious somebody’s doing it,” Mattingly said.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Houston sweeps the Dodgers.

Not season defining but an impressive accomplishment for a team that has been kicked around like the Astros have over the past 5 years.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Astros took 2 out of 3 vs. the Yankees and won a series as a visitor for only the 2nd time since April. Hard to believe really.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's looking like Springer will play at either Fresno (AAA) or their AA affiliate this weekend.

If things go smoothly, he'll probably be with the big club next week.

Springer is a huge part of the offense because he's not just a homer guy, but gets on base and has some speed. He can bat anywhere from 1st to 5th in the lineup.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
7 out of the 9 Astros minor league teams qualified for the playoffs.

Think about that for a moment...

No matter what happens with the major league team this season, this organization is going to be a monster to deal with over the next decade.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tonight's lineup with Springer back in the lineup...

Springer
Altuve
Correa
Gattis
Lowrie
Gomez
Rasmus
Valbuena
Conger

That's a nice lineup. Plenty of power. Lots of speed.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last nights game was only the 16th of the season where their 3 best position players, Springer, Altuve and Correa were in the lineup together.

This team hasn't had a big run since April.

Maybe they have another 15-5 run in them.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congrats to the Astros for making the playoffs!

Win or lose, the foundation has been laid for a team that will compete for the World Series for years to come.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Congrats to the Astros for making the playoffs!

Win or lose, the foundation has been laid for a team that will compete for the World Series for years to come.

heh this place went dead for the last month of the season. Believe me, as a Rangers fans. I know how that feels. At least you guys made the playoffs and that stupid Angels team is going home! Down with the Angels / As. I hate both of them!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
heh this place went dead for the last month of the season. Believe me, as a Rangers fans. I know how that feels. At least you guys made the playoffs and that stupid Angels team is going home! Down with the Angels / As. I hate both of them!

After the lousy September for Houston it was looking a bit glum.

But they pulled out the last couple of series and here they are.

I don't know who's going out vs. the Yanks on Tuesday.

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
After all these years of 100 losses to see this young team do this is unreal! Feels good man!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Enter the Royals.

It's good to see such a young team win the wildcard round, but I've got to say. I'm not sure this will be a good matchup for you guys.

Heck, I'm not sure how good a matchup the Blue Jays will be for the Rangers. If the Rangers hadn't had such an issue the last week or so of the season, I wouldn't be as worried, but being hot going into the playoffs is pretty important and the Rangers came off that hot streak right at the end of the season. :(