Twitter: 2016 Draft Derek Henry & Zeke

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It just wasn't a good use of the 4th overall pick. We knew that then, and it's remained true.

And I don't think anyone is disparaging him, it's more of "if yall really think Zeke is the best RB you need to start watching other RBs" thing.

There are even those who think Zeke is the engine behind our team and makes a significant difference in games. That needs to be corrected.

I wanted Bosa. Once he was gone, I didn't have a problem with the pick. Truth is that even though good running backs can be found in every round, it doesn't mean your team is going to find them in every round.

Henry had mostly excelled in a non-starting role before proving himself last year. If we had drafted him, then we likely would not have drafted Jaylon Smith. So we would have Jalen Ramsey (presumably) and Henry. I'm not sure that I'd prefer that. If we still drafted Smith, we could have taken Kenyan Drake in the third round. Up to this point, he's been a part-time starter. If not Drake, the next player taken was C.J. Prosise. He's been pretty awful.

The player I wanted, Jordan Howard, got off to a promising start before going sideways last year.

The only back out of that group that you could make an argument for being on Elliott's level right now is Henry. I'm OK with the use of the pick for what we've gotten in return.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I wanted Bosa. Once he was gone, I didn't have a problem with the pick. Truth is that even though good running backs can be found in every round, it doesn't mean your team is going to find them in every round.

Henry had mostly excelled in a non-starting role before proving himself last year. If we had drafted him, then we likely would not have drafted Jaylon Smith. So we would have Jalen Ramsey (presumably) and Henry. I'm not sure that I'd prefer that. If we still drafted Smith, we could have taken Kenyan Drake in the third round. Up to this point, he's been a part-time starter. If not Drake, the next player taken was C.J. Prosise. He's been pretty awful.

The player I wanted, Jordan Howard, got off to a promising start before going sideways last year.

The only back out of that group that you could make an argument for being on Elliott's level right now is Henry. I'm OK with the use of the pick for what we've gotten in return.

Good points. Ramsey would have been a good pick and player for Dallas and Elliott would be doing well with whichever team would have drafted him in that scenario. It is just strange that some act as if Elliott is some type of bum because Dallas didn't draft the player they wanted. It was 2016. Let it go.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

I wanted Ramsey and Jack, which while Jack isnt as good as Jaylon, those two are better than all the duos mentioned.

We had Morris and McFadden at RB with those two defensive playmakers on our 2016 squad? Oh boy.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Again just pointing out that those disputing the last 500 carries is biased because Zeke is the offensive focus and Henry is not... Aren't being dsct based.

No 500 carries is not biased. It's basically looking at incomplete data to draw conclusions. Only politicians and mentally handicapped people do this, don't be either if you can help it.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I wanted Ramsey and Jack, which while Jack isnt as good as Jaylon, those two are better than all the duos mentioned.

We had Morris and McFadden at RB with those two defensive playmakers on our 2016 squad? Oh boy.

Wasn't Jack the guy who got tossed out for punching a guy during a game this season?

cern

Reaction score
i dont think I saw anyone say better.I think the sentiment is with this line and playmakers the differences aint that dramatic
Last year we had a rookie lg, no freddy, sua filo filling in for Williams and zack, and Fleming covering for tyron smith at times. And zeke still led the league in rushing. Handicapped by linehan's scheme, no #1 wr for 8 games and lots of stacked boxes.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Last year we had a rookie lg, no freddy, sua filo filling in for Williams and zack, and Fleming covering for tyron smith at times. And zeke still led the league in rushing. Handicapped by linehan's scheme, no #1 wr for 8 games and lots of stacked boxes.

We still had the 8th best run blocking and Zeke lapped the field in carries. Half of the starting RBs would lead the league in rushing under those circumstances

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Last year 19 different running backs saw more carries against stacked boxes than Zeke did.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

While Jaylon was rehabbing in 2016 Ramsey had an all rookie year. In 2017 while Jaylon was stinking up the joint Ramsey was an all pro. In 2018 when Jaylon didn't make the pro bowl Ramsey was an all pro.

You'd give up Jaylon 10 of 10 times for Ramsey.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No 500 carries is not biased. It's basically looking at incomplete data to draw conclusions. Only politicians and mentally handicapped people do this, don't be either if you can help it.
so true..:lmao:

now hes ripping Jaylon and wants Ramsey..

is this a Cowboy fan or hater hoping form anything but what we have..overthinking things we can not change like drafts and busts and signing of players..its over , stop making comparison that mean nothing. unless one of thes eplayers is up for trade and the FO is interested its Cow Fodder..

MOVE ON Makto

you are now first place on my TOOL list..

Aven8

Reaction score
Wanted Henry bad, but that’s because I thought we wouldn’t take a RB that high. I’m still happy.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Tom Brady’s last 500 snaps

• ⁠25 passing TD
• ⁠2 rush Td
• ⁠7 INT
• ⁠4,042 passing yards

Daks last 500 snaps

• ⁠27 pass TD
• ⁠6 rush TD
• ⁠7 INT
• ⁠4,061 passing yards
Perfect example!!! Dak is already the G.O.A.T.!!!!! There’s no dispute about it. The comparison of their last 500 plays proves it unequivocally.