2016 Mel Kiper Invitational chat thread

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
We have a trade.......

25. Dallas Cowboys (Pittsburgh) - Chris In Arizona - Noah Spence DE Eastern Kentucky:omg:

Gotta see the details of this!!!!........:D

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Now I know this mock has gone off the rails.

The Cowboys actually ripped someone off in a trade.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Pittsburgh has traded this pick, 25th overall, to Dallas for the Cowboys 2nd (34), 4th(98) and 6th (171) round picks.

Pittsburgh - 2(34), 4(98), 6(171)

Dallas - 1(25)

Avery

Reaction score
So now we have two DE that we're pinning our hopes on who continually fail drug tests.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
No praise for the Vikings GM who got Corey Coleman?

:D

Honestly....I just don't get the love for Coleman. Desean Jackson was better coming out of college..and he went 49th. In the real draft...I got him going the 49ers in the 2nd. Chip Kelly learns from his lesson when he jetisoned out of Philly.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
So now we have two DE that we're pinning our hopes on who continually fail drug tests.

2 is better than one ;).....Let's just hope Spence and Scandrick don't make plans to Mexico together.

tm1119

Reaction score
Bad move by Pitt...49ers were offering 37, 102 and next years 3rd to move up for Spence

Alexander

Reaction score
for 9 spots? Lol

If you go off of pure points on a value chart, yes, the Steelers came up a little short on the deal.

A future day one or two pick would have made it much more fair for the Steelers.

I would view it as a good trade for Dallas especially since they are getting a player who is one of the top two pass rushers for their 2nd and a couple of afterthought picks.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Bad move by Pitt...49ers were offering 37, 102 and next years 3rd to move up for Spence

Really, well that never crossed my inbox. If it had, I would have made that trade. I wouldnt touch Spence with a 10 foot pole. but that's just me. He makes Randy Gregory look like a choir boy.

Avery

Reaction score
C'mon guys, let's get this thing going.

Alexander

Reaction score
Really, well that never crossed my inbox. If it had, I would have made that trade. I wouldnt touch Spence with a 10 foot pole. but that's just me. He makes Randy Gregory look like a choir boy.

They are probably about the same to me. Ecstacy worse than marijuana? Not so sure about that.

tm1119

Reaction score

By far the best pass rusher in the draft class. And not even close to Gregory who failed the combine drug test while Spence is over a year clean

Alexander

Reaction score

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
By far the best pass rusher in the draft class. And not even close to Gregory who failed the combine drug test while Spence is over a year clean

3 arrests and banned by the BIG 10. Sounds like just the guy I'd throw a 1st round pick at. He had alcohol intoxication and disorderly conduct in May 2015, but maybe that's bad information. I guess he's clean for 9 months.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Pittsburgh has traded this pick, 25th overall, to Dallas for the Cowboys 2nd (34), 4th(98) and 6th (171) round picks.

Pittsburgh - 2(34), 4(98), 6(171)

Dallas - 1(25)

Now let's break this down.....

Cowboys have

1/4. Goff
1/25. Spence

Don't pick again until 3/67.....Now don't have a 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th of our own picks. Probably get comp picks.....but I'm sure the league is gonna find a way to screw us there.

Sorry Chris...don't like the trade. We just have too many holes to be wasting picks in a trade up.