2016 Mel Kiper Invitational chat thread

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Honestly....I just don't get the love for Coleman. Desean Jackson was better coming out of college..and he went 49th. In the real draft...I got him going the 49ers in the 2nd. Chip Kelly learns from his lesson when he jetisoned out of Philly.

I disagree about Desean Jackson.

Desean Jackson's best season: 59 passes for 1060 yards and 9 TDs. (in 13 games)
Corey Coleman's best season: 74 passes for 1363 yards and 20 TDs. (in 12 games)

Desean Jackson's college career: 162 for 2423yd (15.0avg) 22 TDs. (36 games)
Corey Coleman\s college career: 173 for 3009yd (17.4avg) 33 TDs. (34 games)

Corey Coleman is definitely a superior athlete. He was voted as the "freakiest college football player" right before last season.

Also, he's taller, and he weighs more. I don't see where you get that Desean Jackson was better. Corey Coleman is better in virtually every aspect.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is a boss move by dallas. Raiders were thinking about offering next years 1st to get back in

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
3 arrests and banned by the BIG 10. Sounds like just the guy I'd throw a 1st round pick at. He had alcohol intoxication and disorderly conduct in May 2015, but maybe that's bad information. I guess he's clean for 9 months.

He was arrested for public intoxication after throwing a bottle on the street. The Molly thing is what got him kicked out of the Big 10 I believe. Scandrick did Molly and nobody calls him a bad seed.

Alexander

Reaction score
Also, he's taller, and he weighs more. I don't see where you get that Desean Jackson was better. Corey Coleman is better in virtually every aspect.

I think he might have a more functional brain than Jackson. I have never seen him run backwards on a punt return in crunch time and fumble the game away to a team that had no chance of winning otherwise.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Now let's break this down.....

Cowboys have

1/4. Goff
1/25. Spence

Don't pick again until 3/67.....Now don't have a 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th of our own picks. Probably get comp picks.....but I'm sure the league is gonna find a way to screw us there.

Sorry Chris...don't like the trade. We just have too many holes to be wasting picks in a trade up.

I'm not sure I would have made that move either, but at the end of the day he got #1 QB and #1 pass rusher in the draft.

Alexander

Reaction score
That is a boss move by dallas. Raiders were thinking about offering next years 1st to get back in

Pretty certain that if a team wants to get into the first it takes a couple of premium choices. Again, just that one extra year with the first rounder means a lot, especially if there are developmental in nature.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I think he might have a more functional brain than Jackson. I have never seen him run backwards on a punt return in crunch time and fumble the game away to a team that had no chance of winning otherwise.

Yeah. Desean Jackson is an idiot. It just made him easier to root against considering he played for the Eagles and Commanders.

Alexander

Reaction score
I'm not sure I would have made that move either, but at the end of the day he got #1 QB and #1 pass rusher in the draft.

If Dallas ends up taking a QB and wants to truly upgrade the pass rush, that is a bold move but not insane.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I disagree about Desean Jackson.

Desean Jackson's best season: 59 passes for 1060 yards and 9 TDs. (in 13 games)
Corey Coleman's best season: 74 passes for 1363 yards and 20 TDs. (in 12 games)

Desean Jackson's college career: 162 for 2423yd (15.0avg) 22 TDs. (36 games)
Corey Coleman\s college career: 173 for 3009yd (17.4avg) 33 TDs. (34 games)

Corey Coleman is definitely a superior athlete. He was voted as the "freakiest college football player" right before last season.

Your getting sucked in by Baylor's pass happy numbers....

https://www.google.com/search?q=Corey+Coleman&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

5'11 185lbs

https://www.google.com/search?q=Desean+Jackson&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

5'10 175LBs

40 yard dash time: 4.35 seconds

If Coleman comes into the combine and runs a 4.5..... I bet he drops like a rock....we'll see:rolleyes:

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pretty certain that if a team wants to get into the first it takes a couple of premium choices. Again, just that one extra year with the first rounder means a lot, especially if there are developmental in nature.

It was with my 2nd this year

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

True.....Could have been worse. Could have given up next years #1. Still....It's pretty risky on Spence. Question I have is ..How does he fit our scheme? I don't like the idea of trading our entire draft for a situational player.:rolleyes:

Alexander

Reaction score
Your getting sucked in by Baylor's pass happy numbers

I am really wearing of Baylor's skill position players and their ability to transition.

They might be good to great athletes like Griffin, Terrance Williams, Kendall Wright etc.

But that playbook with Briles (or lack thereof) really makes me skeptical. Gordon is about the only one who has come close to stardom.

I know downgrading because of the program is silly sometimes, but I think the lack of translation to the NFL is a legitimate concern.

Alexander

Reaction score
True.....Could have been worse. Could have given up next years #1. Still....It's pretty risky on Spence. Question I have is ..How does he fit our scheme? I don't like the idea of trading our entire draft for a situational player.:rolleyes:

He's no more of a situational player than Gregory. I think he can play RDE for most teams, no problem.

If Dallas does nothing in FA and is counting on the draft for a legitimate starting RDE, they would be better off doing this particular trade instead of depending on players like Ogbah, Calhoun, Blair or Bullard at 34 to be the tonic.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals - robert70X7 - Emmanuel Ogbah DE Oklahoma St.

Was this really Roberts pick? Don't see the fit....in a 3-4

Alexander

Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals - robert70X7 - Emmanuel Ogbah DE Oklahoma St.

Was this really Roberts pick? Don't see the fit....in a 3-4

As a 3-4 end? Maybe. Not what I would have done, but he's big enough to replace Frostee Rucker.

No, he's not the edge rusher they would be able to use necessarily.