2016 - New York Baseball (Yankees-Mets)

Shunpike

Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to discuss New York teams under this thread so that we can keep friendly banters under one roof.

Yankees lost season opener 5-3 to Astros. Tanaka looked good.

Mets are 0-0 at the moment, bottom of the 2nd.

Season predictions

Yankees - 85 wins
Mets - 91 wins

Shunpike

Reaction score
Don't laugh at me now but if Noah Syndergaard(Mets) becomes the best pitcher in entire MLB in 2 years I won't be surprised.

He is shining. There is Harvey and DeGrom ahead of him but he looks like a super star already.

PS: Although I am a Yankee fan, I like Mets as well. Have no ill feelings against them and I root for them all the time except they play the Yankees.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't laugh at me now but if Noah Syndergaard(Mets) becomes the best pitcher in entire MLB in 2 years I won't be surprised.

He is shining. There is Harvey and DeGrom ahead of him but he looks like a super star already.

PS: Although I am a Yankee fan, I like Mets as well. Have no ill feelings against them and I root for them all the time except they play the Yankees.

He further developed his slider, once he masters the high fastball......look out MLB

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've ripped CC a lot in the past, but he did well today against a powerful, RH heavy lineup in Detroit.

1st Yankee starter to go 6 innings this season.

Props to him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to discuss New York teams under this thread so that we can keep friendly banters under one roof.

Yankees lost season opener 5-3 to Astros. Tanaka looked good.

Mets are 0-0 at the moment, bottom of the 2nd.

Season predictions

Yankees - 85 wins
Mets - 91 wins

Lol

If nationals and their manager didn't take a major dump last year. Mets probably don't even make playoffs.

Yankees will win more games than mets.

Oh the craziness of the mets one good year in a long time. Again, needed Nats implosion.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Lol

If nationals and their manager didn't take a major dump last year. Mets probably don't even make playoffs.

Yankees will win more games than mets.

Oh the craziness of the mets one good year in a long time. Again, needed Nats implosion.

If, if, If. -If Arod doesnt take Steroids the Yankees never sniff the playoffs a few years ago. if, if, If.

BTW, Cespedes just come of the bench and hit a 3 run pinch HR on the first pitch he saw to tie the game. Thd guy has a flair for the dramatics.

Mets will win more games than the Yankees and it wont be close. Yankees wish they had the Mets pitching staff.

The only hole in the Mets lineup is David Wright with his 110 strikeouts in 20 games.

Dang. just looked at the standings-Yankees are last in the division and 8 and 10 for the year. Yea right on the Yankees being better than the MEts this year. Try some prozac for the delusions you are having.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If, if, If. -If Arod doesnt take Steroids the Yankees never sniff the playoffs a few years ago. if, if, If.

BTW, Cespedes just come of the bench and hit a 3 run pinch HR on the first pitch he saw to tie the game. Thd guy has a flair for the dramatics.

Mets will win more games than the Yankees and it wont be close. Yankees wish they had the Mets pitching staff.

The only hole in the Mets lineup is David Wright with his 110 strikeouts in 20 games.

Dang. just looked at the standings-Yankees are last in the division and 8 and 10 for the year. Yea right on the Yankees being better than the MEts this year. Try some prozac for the delusions you are having.

Yeah, the Yankees starting staff is a car-wreck... pure & simple. I don't know what they're going to do. They keep trotting out the "He should have retired" Sabathia to try to make the $25 mil investment look better– And it still looks stupid.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Murphy will come back to hurt Mets... When it matters most.

Less than 20 games played... 4 game difference....

What hurts Mets fans most is that they aren't even worthy of a conversation for NY baseball teams... Despite being a NY team.

Last two World Series. Won = 2 games. They represent the national league in the summer classic horribly.

No Prozac or delusional thinking to understand that.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Murphy will come back to hurt Mets... When it matters most.

Less than 20 games played... 4 game difference....

What hurts Mets fans most is that they aren't even worthy of a conversation for NY baseball teams... Despite being a NY team.

Last two World Series. Won = 2 games. They represent the national league in the summer classic horribly.

No Prozac or delusional thinking to understand that.

Murphy?Pfft We are more than happy with Walker-And how many games did the Yankees win in last years world series. Oh that is right. They did not even qualify. Funny how Yankee fans live in the past. Now they are just an old, beaten down team with no future unless they spend 80 billion dolllars.

And after less than 20 games, you are the one predicting the Yankees to win more than the Mets. But you said that last year too. Have they made it out of last place yet. It may be a permanent home for them this year with the way the other teams are playing. And all of the others have some semblance of a pitching staff.

Last edited:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Pfft-And how many games did the Yankees win in last years world series. Oh that is right. They did not even qualify. Funny how Yankee fans live in the past. Now they are just an old, beaten down team with no future unless they spend 80 billion dolllars.

Lol

I'll take Yankees past over any Mets future any day.

Madoff is only reason why they ain't spending. Didn't they auction off Piazza 9-11 jersey for less than $20k.
That's horrible.
Cespedes was a waste of money. There's a reason why he has been on what? 5 teams in 7 years??

Those aces are gone soon. Best one in Syndegard anyways.

How's the grand kids? :)

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Grandkids are great. If I had them first I would have bypassed the kids.

Where are the Aces going. I did notice you said Aces meaning we have a slew. Cespedes a waste of money? Not sure how you say that with the 50 million for Sabathia and Arod on your side of teh ledger. Talk about a waste of money. Geez. I would say you would take Cespedes and his contract and skill set over what you have with those two has beens.

Yea, I can see you bragging about all those championships with the Yankees. I do the same with all those Packer championships. Not that that has anything to do with 2016 but it is nice to reminisce. Go Packers! Go Mets!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Grandkids are great. If I had them first I would have bypassed the kids.

Where are the Aces going. I did notice you said Aces meaning we have a slew. Cespedes a waste of money? Not sure how you say that with the 50 million for Sabathia and Arod on your side of teh ledger. Talk about a waste of money. Geez. I would say you would take Cespedes and his contract and skill set over what you have with those two has beens.

Yea, I can see you bragging about all those championships with the Yankees. I do the same with all those Packer championships. Not that that has anything to do with 2016 but it is nice to reminisce. Go Packers! Go Mets!

Lmao that's funny.

Yeah, 4 aces.

I never said CC and AROD were good deals.
Not an AROD fan but he did very well last year.
CC... Well... Ugh!

Cowboys thoroughly owned packers in 1990s... They still feeling it.
I want to thank packers for beating stealers.
You need to thanks
Patriots and Bledsoe.

Anyway... Long season. I say Gerardo rights the ship.
Terry may not be manager of mets next year.

Don't take any of this personal... It's just Yankees/mets smack talk grandpa ;-)

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Just razzing you red. Keep your memories. Present day ain't as good.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Just razzing you red. Keep your memories. Present day ain't as good.

Not that you would know the feeling... But...

I really can't be razzed about the Yankees.
I've gotten so much from them as a fan.

I am envious of no team. Lol

The 90s were super fantastic for me

Cowboys win 3 SBs
Yankees win 4 World Series in 5 years
Jordan and the Bulls two 3-peats, (Jordan fan mostly)

Complete awesomeness!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
7 in a row. Record 12 runs in one inning. Ace #4 matz with another good but not great outing. Cespedes with another bomb. Not sure what someone worth the money would be doing.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
7 in a row. Record 12 runs in one inning. Ace #4 matz with another good but not great outing. Cespedes with another bomb. Not sure what someone worth the money would be doing.

Neil Walker is making us forget about Murphy, what a lineup, As a Met fan im in an unusual position, there is nothing to complain about.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
8 in row-and Mets pitchers walked the house today. Conforto is the man. The kid can hit with the best of them. The Mets are a fun team to watch. Double play combo of Walker and Cabrerra is pretty good. Maybe not the greatest range but they are dependable and sure handed.

Yankees wont win as many games as the Mets. Making .500 is probably the Yankees goal and that might be iffy.