2017-2018 NHL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Vegas just keeps winning ... impressive.

I didn’t really pay attention to the Jets this season ... they are a good exciting team...may be the team to beat if they eliminate Nashville.

The Jets from top to bottom are better than Vegas. 4 outstanding lines, great depth, offensive powerhouse, strong D and can skate and are so physical. They can wear a team down. The problem is getting to play Vegas because Nashville is still in the way and can easily win 2 in a row. Nashville and Jets are a cut above the rest of the teams left. Not many people know this, but the Jets since October have had between 5 and 6 starters out every night. In one game against the Predators they had 9 starters out and it was a back to back game and only lost 3 to 2 to the preds. The Jets are the most healthiest they have been at the moment which is crazy since it's playoff hockey and their are more injuries.

For Vegas to beat the Jets they will need Fleury to play even better than he did against the Sharks. Jets firepower is a different level than the Sharks. If Fleury plays just ok the Jets will take them out in 4 or 5 games. Hellybucyk can be a wall at times.

What Vegas has done this year is incredible no question about that, but in the playoffs they have played Pacific division teams and they are not as strong as the Central division which is the toughest division in hockey at the moment. How tough is Vegas really then? We will find out next round.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
The game at Amalie yesterday was awesome. I am still learning the game but was bonkers by the third period, without alcohol. Some of the Lighning Alumni came by the Suite we were in and took pics with the Grandson so it was a great experience. I did learn a new word yesterday that I never heard. I am sure it was related to Boston because many of the fans in the room kept screaming Mass Holes. Took me a while to figure it out.

lukin2006

Reaction score
The Jets from top to bottom are better than Vegas. 4 outstanding lines, great depth, offensive powerhouse, strong D and can skate and are so physical. They can wear a team down. The problem is getting to play Vegas because Nashville is still in the way and can easily win 2 in a row. Nashville and Jets are a cut above the rest of the teams left. Not many people know this, but the Jets since October have had between 5 and 6 starters out every night. In one game against the Predators they had 9 starters out and it was a back to back game and only lost 3 to 2 to the preds. The Jets are the most healthiest they have been at the moment which is crazy since it's playoff hockey and their are more injuries.

For Vegas to beat the Jets they will need Fleury to play even better than he did against the Sharks. Jets firepower is a different level than the Sharks. If Fleury plays just ok the Jets will take them out in 4 or 5 games. Hellybucyk can be a wall at times.

What Vegas has done this year is incredible no question about that, but in the playoffs they have played Pacific division teams and they are not as strong as the Central division which is the toughest division in hockey at the moment. How tough is Vegas really then? We will find out next round.

Well said. I feel the jets must win tonight. I also feel if this series goes 7, this helps Vegas...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Could be the best team right now. That is one tough, dangerous team. Can't see the East winning the cup this year as I feel the Western teams are better. Only Tampa has a shot from the East.
Tampa has a great shot tho, V. Spectacularly deep. I think they smoke the Pens if the Pens make it out alive. Letang has been garbage. Where's our buddy Biggems?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The game at Amalie yesterday was awesome. I am still learning the game but was bonkers by the third period, without alcohol. Some of the Lighning Alumni came by the Suite we were in and took pics with the Grandson so it was a great experience. I did learn a new word yesterday that I never heard. I am sure it was related to Boston because many of the fans in the room kept screaming Mass Holes. Took me a while to figure it out.
Awesome, Rob. Thanks for sharing!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Well I am not happy. I am ok with losing to TB or Vegas, but not the Caps. Oh well, have to give the Caps props, as much as I hate to. They played some good hockey this series, and Holtby was ridiculous.

GO KNIGHTS the rest of the playoffs.

GO PENS

Carson

Reaction score
Well I am not happy. I am ok with losing to TB or Vegas, but not the Caps. Oh well, have to give the Caps props, as much as I hate to. They played some good hockey this series, and Holtby was ridiculous.

GO KNIGHTS the rest of the playoffs.

GO PENS

Come on bud, somebody else deserves to win one ;)

John813

Reaction score
Think I'm rooting for a Vegas-Capitals final.

Would be sweet to see Gallant win a cup the year after being fired by Viola.
God, why am I cursed with teams that have meddling ownership? lol

lukin2006

Reaction score
I can not see the Jets winning game 7. I never sensed that the Jets felt an urgency in game 6. But we will see. It's tough to win 2 in a row, so 3 in a row was a tall order. Pittsburgh will regroup next and be in the hunt again. I'm not counting Vegas out of the conference final. I really think the Nashville v Jets going to 7 really helps Vegas.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I can not see the Jets winning game 7. I never sensed that the Jets felt an urgency in game 6. But we will see. It's tough to win 2 in a row, so 3 in a row was a tall order. Pittsburgh will regroup next and be in the hunt again. I'm not counting Vegas out of the conference final. I really think the Nashville v Jets going to 7 really helps Vegas.

You could be right about it helping Vegas. After they swept the Kings, everyone was saying that they had "too much rest." Then they only came out and won the first game against the Sharks 7-0.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
The Golden Knights in Vegas is much more than just a pro sports team. It has a much deeper meaning to us and the team. Especially those of us who are still affected by the night of October 1st, 2017. Anyways, for those who are cheering for the nights, you should watch this. For all the ones that think Vegas is "just a fluke" you might want to watch as well.

lukin2006

Reaction score
The Golden Knights in Vegas is much more than just a pro sports team. It has a much deeper meaning to us and the team. Especially those of us who are still affected by the night of October 1st, 2017. Anyways, for those who are cheering for the nights, you should watch this. For all the ones that think Vegas is "just a fluke" you might want to watch as well.

I'm rooting for Vegas myself ... but as a Canadian I route for the Jets as well. I do not think they are a fluke ... the GM did a great job and they are getting real good coaching. What I like about Vegas is that the team is not boring, they are an exciting team to watch. Congrats on getting to the western conference finals...

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

Disappointing last night but hey Nashville is a tough team to take out. I wouldn't count the Jets out, they rarely have played two bad games in a row this year. Hellybucyk always bounces back after losing or has a bad game. This has been a strange series the home teams can't win. Jets play looser on the road this series. Not sure why they have choked the last two home games. Key on Thursday is that first goal. If Nashville has to play from behind they are done. They can not run and gun with the Jets. If Jets get behind Nashville will choke them out with that damn Trap because the Jets have not figured out how to beat it. Funny how a bounce either way for each team can change a game this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.