2017-2018 NHL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Brooklyn?? Really. For how long and they have an arena there? How did that come about?
Too much losing, fans on the Island got bored i guess. I think there was a financial situation with the local government for funds to improve the Coliseum or build a new arena, they said no, and off to Brooklyn the Islanders went.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Too much losing, fans on the Island got bored i guess. I think there was a financial situation with the local government for funds to improve the Coliseum or build a new arena, they said no, and off to Brooklyn the Islanders went.
Interesting. I haven't followed hockey very closely for years and have lost touch with what has gone on.

John813

Reaction score
Back to back games vs Jersey and NY and both are regulation wins?

Make up your damn mind Panthers. Either suck, or win, consistently. lol

lukin2006

Reaction score
Atlantic is wide open

Agreed...Montreal suddenly moved into a playoff with a victory at Detroit, I thought they were finished after that horrible start...

Detroit is struggling now, Toronto doesn't look nearly as good as they did in the first month...

NJ and Vegas are my early season surprises...

lukin2006

Reaction score
Patrick Roy's Last Game In A Montreal Canadiens Uniform. December 2nd 1995

...and exactly 22 years later Montreal finally got revenge 10-1.

And, just maybe this game has lifted the St. Patrick curse ;)

haleyrules

Reaction score
Patrick Roy's Last Game In A Montreal Canadiens Uniform. December 2nd 1995

...and exactly 22 years later Montreal finally got revenge 10-1.

And, just maybe this game has lifted the St. Patrick curse ;)

that was a sad day in Montreal. Tremblay should have been shot the next day. Losing a Star for a couple useless Russians.

John813

Reaction score
First it was Dadonov out long term. Sucks but not a huge loss. Now Luongo is out for 2 months and barkov may of gotten a concussion.

Why hockey gods why.
Every year Panthers go through this ****

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
First it was Dadonov out long term. Sucks but not a huge loss. Now Luongo is out for 2 months and barkov may of gotten a concussion.

Why hockey gods why.
Every year Panthers go through this ****
Kings are looking great, John.

Sorry I haven't been posting in here, folks. I have been following the league closely, tho.

Karlsson is having an atrocious year. Drew is leading the NHL in D scoring, 2nd in TOI, and a plus 17. He is getting another Norris.

Quick may get the Vezina this year, too. Kopi is top 5 in Goals and Points. Probably another Selke, at least.

John813

Reaction score
Kings are looking great, John.

Sorry I haven't been posting in here, folks. I have been following the league closely, tho.

Karlsson is having an atrocious year. Drew is leading the NHL in D scoring, 2nd in TOI, and a plus 17. He is getting another Norris.

Quick may get the Vezina this year, too. Kopi is top 5 in Goals and Points. Probably another Selke, at least.

Yea they are. Definitely rejuvenated after getting rid of Sutter. Figured they were over him when they locked him out of the lockerroom back in 15. lol.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yea they are. Definitely rejuvenated after getting rid of Sutter. Figured they were over him when they locked him out of the lockerroom back in 15. lol.
Yeah, and that was Brownie that lead that endeavor. Props to you for knowing about that, John.

Brown has been a new player this year. Finally having fun again. When we get Carter back, our top 6 wingers can interchange on any top-3 line. We are crazy deep at FWD with Carts' return. It will be, essentially, like getting a mid season/trade deadline acquisition.

Still, we do give the puck away, a lot. We haven't filled the hole that Voynov left us.

With that said, Kuemper has been amazing as a back up to Quickie. 6-0-2. And Quickie is playing out of his mind. We always knew he had a low save % because he often faced 20 shots or less. Now that we left the Sutter-mold, and are giving up more shots, Quick's save % has skyrocketed. We knew it all along. Plus Iaffalo and Kempe are top-6 FWDs that are blossoming, and rookies.

Still, our club is caught in between transition/schemes, so we have made some mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.