2017-2018 NHL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

John813

Reaction score
Yeah, and that was Brownie that lead that endeavor. Props to you for knowing about that, John.

Brown has been a new player this year. Finally having fun again. When we get Carter back, our top 6 wingers can interchange on any top-3 line. We are crazy deep at FWD with Carts' return. It will be, essentially, like getting a mid season/trade deadline acquisition.

Still, we do give the puck away, a lot. We haven't filled the hole that Voynov left us.

With that said, Kuemper has been amazing as a back up to Quickie. 6-0-2. And Quickie is playing out of his mind. We always knew he had a low save % because he often faced 20 shot or less. Now that we left the Sutter-mold, and are giving up more shots, Quick's save % has skyrocketed. We knew it all along.

Still, our club is caught in between transition/schemes, so we have made some mistakes.

One good thing about the main boards on HFBoards lol.
Yea, figured players just weren't having fun with Sutter and stopped playing hard for him. Seems like a coach who has a short shelf life when players start tuning him out for being a hard *** 24/7.
Voynov was a huge loss. While he's no Drew D, he was a very good defenseman in his own right. Freaking DV...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
One good thing about the main boards on HFBoards lol.
Yea, figured players just weren't having fun with Sutter and stopped playing hard for him. Seems like a coach who has a short shelf life when players start tuning him out for being a hard *** 24/7.
Voynov was a huge loss. While he's no Drew D, he was a very good defenseman in his own right. Freaking DV...
Soooooo much this!!! :laugh:

Yeah man, Voynov wrecked his career. There's a contingent on the Kings board that want him back, and if he does everything right -- is on the ball -- he could be back by next season. He's played really well in the KHL, and was nearly a number 2 before we lost him. And a coveted RHD.

If you ever see "kingtrouty" posting there, that's me :) I post a lot on the Kings board, but do my occasional Main Board posts as well :)

I love that you're as tied into the league as you are, John. You love hockey, don't ya!? Number two sport? Number one?

John813

Reaction score
Soooooo much this!!! :laugh:

Yeah man, Voynov wrecked his career. There's a contingent on the Kings board that want him back, and if he does everything right -- is on the ball -- he could be back by next season. He's played really well in the KHL, and was nearly a number 2 before we lost him. And a coveted RHD.

If you ever see "kingtrouty" posting there, that's me :) I post a lot on the Kings board, but do my occasional Main Board posts as well :)

I love that you're as tied into the league as you are, John. You love hockey, don't ya!? Number two sport? Number one?

You know, if he pays his dues, I'm not opposed to letting guys like him back into the league, but I wasn't too caught up in the details of his DV or how violent he got. While men who committ DV should be punished, I'm not a fan of the growing lynch mob social media craze that has taken over the NFL.
Yea, he was a stud back there. Watched a handful of Kings games back during their cup runs. When Richards was in his prime there, gd they were a much watch team in the playoffs.
I'm Shootit over there.

It's tough. At first it was a solid #2 sport for me. Now, it's about even with football. Just wish my team could have a legit ownership that didn't try to be like a broke Jerry Jones controlling the style of play/bossing around Gallant.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Yeah, and that was Brownie that lead that endeavor. Props to you for knowing about that, John.

Brown has been a new player this year. Finally having fun again. When we get Carter back, our top 6 wingers can interchange on any top-3 line. We are crazy deep at FWD with Carts' return. It will be, essentially, like getting a mid season/trade deadline acquisition.

Still, we do give the puck away, a lot. We haven't filled the hole that Voynov left us.

With that said, Kuemper has been amazing as a back up to Quickie. 6-0-2. And Quickie is playing out of his mind. We always knew he had a low save % because he often faced 20 shots or less. Now that we left the Sutter-mold, and are giving up more shots, Quick's save % has skyrocketed. We knew it all along. Plus Iaffalo and Kempe are top-6 FWDs that are blossoming, and rookies.

Still, our club is caught in between transition/schemes, so we have made some mistakes.
LA sucks. Any hockey team playing in California is bound to suck.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Kings are looking great, John.

Sorry I haven't been posting in here, folks. I have been following the league closely, tho.

Karlsson is having an atrocious year. Drew is leading the NHL in D scoring, 2nd in TOI, and a plus 17. He is getting another Norris.

Quick may get the Vezina this year, too. Kopi is top 5 in Goals and Points. Probably another Selke, at least.
Sacramento will never be any good at anything.:).

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Kings losing to everyone behind them in the Pacific. Our nice start and points cushion is beginning to disappear, as we fall back into our usual mid-season woes.

Stevens is starting to look like he's in over his head. When we fired Lombardi and Sutter, Stevens should have been let go, too.

I need the Kings to win. My football team certainly isn't :(

Status
Not open for further replies.