2017 Draft Pet Cats - On the Record

roughneck266

Reaction score
Draft and college football fans...give me three guys eligible for the 2017 draft that you want to see on the Cowboys in a year. These can be guys from your favorite college or just players that have caught your eye.

Again, just give me three guys. We can look back later in the year and see who's players are studs, and which ones are duds. If you list a dozen players, you're probably going to hit on a few.

I'll start:
1. Jamal Adams S LSU - My favorite 2017 prospect for a while now.
2. JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC - Trojan homer pick. He reminds me of a quicker Dez Bryant. Talented kid and plays with passion.

3. Kyzir White S West Virginia - The younger brother of recent Bears WR and 1st round pick. Kevin. I think this kid is sneaky good and will be one and done (junior college kid) at West Virginia. A West Virginia coach told me he is a bigger, faster Karl Joseph. A USC coach said he's every bit the physical freak his brother Kevin is, just on defense.

Anyone named Juju is OK by me.

ghst187

Reaction score
He has experience doing both (moreso KR'ing) though he hasn't returned any for TDs.

As an aside, John Ross has demonstrated ability as a game-changing kick returner (4 TDs).

Ross is who I really want but afraid he'll be long gone by our first pick

Silverstar

Reaction score
DeMarcus Walker
Jordan Willis
Vita Vea
Cooper Kupp
Corey Davis
Cordrea Tankersley
Brendan Langley

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Would not hate that.
I liked Joseph last year and Baker is better. Only thing is that it always seems we tend to treat west coast prospects differently. Maybe that has to do with the area scout assigned and their clout in the room.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I liked Joseph last year and Baker is better. Only thing is that it always seems we tend to treat west coast prospects differently. Maybe that has to do with the area scout assigned and their clout in the room.

I think Joseph is elite, not sure Budda is that level. Joseph is a more physical Earl Thomas to me, Baker is Honey Badger'esqe.

WeaponX

Reaction score
Temperature check here - anyone have some insight on Carl Lawson? Well built, quick twitch edge rusher with good bend. Injury concerns but he's two years removed from his ACL tear and the hip issue from last year seems to be healed up. Good production this year in the SEC to boot.

Edit - I feel he'd be a steal in the second round but should be in play in the late first if the medicals check out.

Last edited: