2017 NBA Western Conference Finals: Spurs vs Warriors

Nav22

Reaction score
Hell yeah, Warriors!!! Tough break on Kawhi's ankle, but nobody felt sorry for us last year when we were banged up in the playoffs (Curry, Iguodala, Bogut).

Dubs fan from the Bay Area here.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Hell yeah, Warriors!!! Tough break on Kawhi's ankle, but nobody felt sorry for us last year when we were banged up in the playoffs (Curry, Iguodala, Bogut).

I don't care if you are a Warriors fan but you don't have to be obnoxious about it, it will make it harder for me to root for them in the Finals if you do. I felt plenty sorry for the Warriors last season with all those injuries. Nobody wants to see the better team go down like that... except maybe you. :rolleyes:

Nav22

Reaction score
I don't care if you are a Warriors fan but you don't have to be obnoxious about it, it will make it harder for me to root for them in the Finals if you do. I felt plenty sorry for the Warriors last season with all those injuries. Nobody wants to see the better team go down like that... except maybe you. :rolleyes:
Cry more.

How was I obnoxious? LOL because I'm happy my team won?

You said the Warriors were "doomed" at halftime, THEN you said we were lucky to win. How's that for obnoxious?

Injuries are an unfortunate part of sports. I said "tough break", that's all you're getting from me.

Go Dubs!!!!!!!

Rockdoc

Reaction score
Leonard was taken out on a flagrant/dirty foul
Curry and Durant set some combined scoring record
thats things going warriors way.
sucks as a spurs fan to watch that
lots of X and O that could be discussed
just hope there is a series to discuss now

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cry more.

How was I obnoxious? LOL because I'm happy my team won?

You said the Warriors were "doomed" at halftime, THEN you said we were lucky to win. How's that for obnoxious?

Injuries are an unfortunate part of sports. I said "tough break", that's all you're getting from me.

Go Dubs!!!!!!!
While Kawhi was in the game the Warriors were doomed and even with him out of the game, the Warriors needed every basket they made to win. I like this current version of the Warriors and I want to root for them if they advance but I want them to earn that right not have it given to them by an injured Spurs team. You should want the best possible competition too.

I didn't say you were obnoxious, I said don't be obnoxious because I could see that is where you were headed. Now here you are, showing your backside to the world by taunting me to "cry more". There will be no tears shed by this sports fan, it was a solid win for the home team, just as it should have been. The Spurs only need to win one game on the road so the way I see it they have three more chances just so long as they protect their own home court. This series has not yet started and it won't until a road team wins.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
They should ban that dirty player from the game. It should not resort to injuring other teams players to win a game. If you can't straight up win then you dont deserve to win period.

Nav22

Reaction score
While Kawhi was in the game the Warriors were doomed and even with him out of the game, the Warriors needed every basket they made to win. I like this current version of the Warriors and I want to root for them if they advance but I want them to earn that right not have it given to them by an injured Spurs team. You should want the best possible competition too.

I didn't say you were obnoxious, I said don't be obnoxious because I could see that is where you were headed. Now here you are, showing your backside to the world by taunting me to "cry more". There will be no tears shed by this sports fan, it was a solid win for the home team, just as it should have been. The Spurs only need to win one game on the road so the way I see it they have three more chances just so long as they protect their own home court. This series has not yet started and it won't until a road team wins.
"You don't have to be obnoxious about it"

Pretty clear implication that you believed I was being "obnoxious about it".

Cute back-tracking, though. Sorry-not-sorry, I'm PUMPED to be up 1-0 in the WCF.

Oh, we were "doomed" with Leonard in the game, were we? Sort of like how we were "doomed" back in March when we overcame a 20+ point deficit AT San Antonio... and with Leonard playing... but no Durant?

You have no idea how the game would've ended up and neither do I, because the Warriors go on a big run in practically every game. Leonard got hurt and the rest of your boys showed they weren't ready for primetime in Oracle, even with a 23-point lead.

Nav22

Reaction score
They should ban that dirty player from the game. It should not resort to injuring other teams players to win a game. If you can't straight up win then you dont deserve to win period.
First, let's retroactively ban Bruce Bowen and remove his 3 Spurs titles from the record books. He practically invented that same exact move.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
"You don't have to be obnoxious about it"

Pretty clear implication that you believed I was being "obnoxious about it".

Cute back-tracking, though. Sorry-not-sorry, I'm PUMPED to be up 1-0 in the WCF.

Oh, we were "doomed" with Leonard in the game, were we? Sort of like how we were "doomed" back in March when we overcame a 20+ point deficit AT San Antonio... and with Leonard playing... but no Durant?

You have no idea how the game would've ended up and neither do I, because the Warriors go on a big run in practically every game. Leonard got hurt and the rest of your boys showed they weren't ready for primetime in Oracle, even with a 23-point lead.

Funny how your boys didn't have an answer for how to stop the Spurs until after Leonard left the game. The sequence of those events is no coincidence. That is how I know how the game would have ended. It would have been a slaughter of the Warriors on their home court by the Spurs.

You bring up that one game in March like it was their only meeting of the regular season. I don't blame you for conveniently forgetting about the others. :laugh: Two beat downs at the hands of the Spurs, one of them on the Warriors home court.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
First, let's retroactively ban Bruce Bowen and remove his 3 Spurs titles from the record books. He practically invented that same exact move.
Did I mention I could see you were headed down the road to obnoxiousness? You've arrived.

BigD16

Reaction score

Why would anybody feel sorry for the warriors? In the past 3 years they've played 11 series and in 9 of them the opposing team had at least one starter missing. Not to mention that they're already vastly more talented than the rest of the NBA teams.

Even if the spurs would've won today they would've still lost the series in my honest opinion. However, that does not change the fact that the spurs were up 23 points when Kawhi got injured in the 3rd quarter and was doing a decent job on Durant. It's not a coincidence that Durant went off as soon as kawhi was off the floor. Kawhi was also feasting on the offensive end and was getting whatever he wanted. Nobody on the warriors had an answer for him... well I guess Zaza Pachulia did...

Zaza has a history of dirty plays and specifically against the spurs when he was with the mavs. Zaza robbed the fans of what could've been a fun series.

Nav22

Reaction score
Funny how your boys didn't have an answer for how to stop the Spurs until after Leonard left the game. The sequence of those events is no coincidence. That is how I know how the game would have ended. It would have been a slaughter of the Warriors on their home court by the Spurs.

You bring up that one game in March like it was their only meeting of the regular season. I don't blame you for conveniently forgetting about the others. :laugh: Two beat downs at the hands of the Spurs, one of them on the Warriors home court.
LOL! There we go. The excuse train's rolling as scheduled. Looks like you're the obnoxious loser who can't take his loss like a man.

Hmm, the other 2 games... oh, you mean OPENING NIGHT and the time we rested all our guys? :laugh:

I brought up their most recent matchup. You know, the one in which WITHOUT DURANT we came back on you clowns. In San Antonio, and with a healthy Leonard. I bet you didn't see that one coming either.

Funny how without Leonard, you were still able to win Game 5 overtime AND Game 6 vs Houston. But when faced with a powerhouse, your boys CHOKED away a huge lead like unworthy bums.

Enjoy your beatdown. The West is ours, again.

WAAAARRRRRIIIIOOOORRRRSSSS!!!!

Nav22

Reaction score
Why would anybody feel sorry for the warriors? In the past 3 years they've played 11 series and in 9 of them the opposing team had at least one starter missing. Not to mention that they're already vastly more talented than the rest of the NBA teams.

Even if the spurs would've won today they would've still lost the series in my honest opinion. However, that does not change the fact that the spurs were up 23 points when Kawhi got injured in the 3rd quarter and was doing a decent job on Durant. It's not a coincidence that Durant went off as soon as kawhi was off the floor. Kawhi was also feasting on the offensive end and was getting whatever he wanted. Nobody on the warriors had an answer for him... well I guess Zaza Pachulia did...

Zaza has a history of dirty plays and specifically against the spurs when he was with the mavs. Zaza robbed the fans of what could've been a fun series.
Cry more.

LOL "9 of the 11 series", great sleuthing! As if a healthy George Hill would've changed things after we DESTROYED Utah 4 straight games. :laugh:

Did you discount the series in which we also had a starter injured?? How about the fact that we've been without our head coach for almost the entire postseason?? Naaah, or course not!!

Yes, we are more talented than anyone else. Thanks for the compliment. It wasn't by accident. We had the draft and free agency at our disposal, like the other 29 teams, and we kicked everyone else's as$ at talent acquisition.

The only thing Leonard's injury proved is that the rest of the team was a bunch of bums who couldn't handle a big lead. If losing ONE player leads to a horrific collapse like that, you're simply not on our level. I was actually embarrassed for the Spurs. Double-team Aldridge aggressively and he just gives the ball away.

Oh, and Zaza thanks Bruce Bowen for the lessons on being "dirty". Bowen has his #12 jersey hanging in the rafters in San Antonio. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving organization.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
It wasn't a dirty play....it happens all the time in game. It is simply unfortunate. Maybe if the rest of the team didn't poop the bed after KL left, we win. The entire team, except Manu, curled into the fetal position for the rest of the 3rd. Then, in the 4th, poor floor spacing led to a lack of a rebound that could have secured victory, but instead, led to curry's tying 3.

Hopefully the team can play hard without KL and compete.

GO SPURS GO

Nav22

Reaction score
It wasn't a dirty play....it happens all the time in game. It is simply unfortunate. Maybe if the rest of the team didn't poop the bed after KL left, we win. The entire team, except Manu, curled into the fetal position for the rest of the 3rd. Then, in the 4th, poor floor spacing led to a lack of a rebound that could have secured victory, but instead, led to curry's tying 3.

GO SPURS GO
This is how MEN react to a tough loss.

Much respect to a level-headed fan who doesn't resort to being a huge crybaby.

Last time I checked, Kawhi Leonard isn't the only good player on the Spurs. Your team is very good and VERY deep... your bench completely outplayed ours in Game 1.

It's honestly a slap in the face to Popovich and the Spurs for anyone to say they lost JUST because Kawhi got hurt.

The Spurs aren't a 1-man show like OKC. Ask Houston.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL! There we go. The excuse train's rolling as scheduled. Looks like you're the obnoxious loser who can't take his loss like a man.

Hmm, the other 2 games... oh, you mean OPENING NIGHT and the time we rested all our guys? :laugh:

I brought up their most recent matchup. You know, the one in which WITHOUT DURANT we came back on you clowns. In San Antonio, and with a healthy Leonard. I bet you didn't see that one coming either.

Funny how without Leonard, you were still able to win Game 5 overtime AND Game 6 vs Houston. But when faced with a powerhouse, your boys CHOKED away a huge lead like unworthy bums.

Enjoy your beatdown. The West is ours, again.

WAAAARRRRRIIIIOOOORRRRSSSS!!!!
You are a prick of a winner. Congrats on your pricktocracy. It's because of prick fans like you I won't be rooting for the West in the Finals.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

GO SPURS GO
ZaZa has a history of playing dirty with Kawhi. I do believe in giving players the benefit of a doubt but ZaZa wore out that benefit when he was a Mav.