2017 NFL Combine

TheDank

Reaction score
Lots of Ross love going around and deservedly so, but Juju, Zay Jones and Curtis Samuel put up some nice times relative to their size. Look like good options in the 2nd or with a trade back from 28.

Edit: also forgot KD Cannon looking great as well. This wr class caught some flak early on but they're showing up athletically

DFWJC

Reaction score
The value of the 2nd overall pick so so extreme, and the value drop-0ff after the 1st pick (Garrett) enough this year, that I might cash in with a slight trade down this year if I were SF's GM.

Not sure theres a QB worth taking at 2nd overall. Can really load up with a small trade down and still get a QB if you want.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I worry about injuries with Ross. He’s not a tiny guy but he has a history of getting hurt. That is a big minus for me.

His football acumen and instincts for playing WR are a big positive for me. I pay more attention to intangibles than most do - particularly during the combine – but for me it is huge.

For WR’s the first thing that I look at on if I like them as a player or not is: How do they catch the ball? Do they have natural hands? If you drop a quarter of the passes that come your way, you can’t help the team very much.

Speed comes after all of that. However, when I see a guy who has the intangibles and is a natural catcher, and then has great speed? It really gets my attention.

jordan4vols

Reaction score
Having watched his entire career Josh Malone will be a great value pick in the later rounds

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Kaaya just said he flopped in high school after throwing int and got a flag. Ending up winning the game because of it. Statement was made after they asked him about acting as he has family member that is an actor. Why admit to that?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Brad Kaaya loves to watch Dak Prescott. Said his coaches (from MS State) told him Dak is legit and the real deal.

All I can say is: I guess his coaches never watched Wentz. Right? Gotta be it, huh?

Silverstar

Reaction score
His game tape doesn't match. Not saying he's bad though

His QB was Connor Manning 6-1 205, a 2016 graduate transfer from Utah where he rode the bench.
In his 10 games he threw for 2,684 yards, 16 TD's,13 INT's with a 55.5% comp pct.
Before him it was Nick Arbuckle in 2014/15, who is now with the Stampeders in the CFL.

In short, maybe Davis just needs a better QB to get him the ball.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carter 4.68
Daniels 4.56
Engram 4.43
Everett 4.60
Hodges 4.58
Howard 4.51

Fast group of TEs.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Evan engram.. wow , that dude can fly..There's your 2nd round pic lol

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Prepare for Kittle to be a Cowboy. They love Iowa guys and guys who can block. Also guys who can run.

Kittle is all three.