2017 NFL Combine

Bigdog

Reaction score
1(1) Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M
1(12) John Ross WR Washington
1(28) Forrest Lamp G Western Kentucky

That's what I'd do. If you're going to stupidly let Leary walk, use one of our 1sts on Lamp and for the love of God move Collins to RT.

Still working on our two 2nds.
We will get the 2 seconds thru the Dexter Coakley trade to someone.

jordan4vols

Reaction score
Tennessee DE Derek Barnett isn't 100% but he is going to work out today, per @RosenhausSports, who called his client "tough guy."

Tough guy is an understatement. Man I hope he falls to us

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Tennessee DE Derek Barnett isn't 100% but he is going to work out today, per @RosenhausSports, who called his client "tough guy."

Tough guy is an understatement. Man I hope he falls to us
Lol is this a strategy? :laugh:Good ole rosenhaus up to his tricks

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i

John Ross, WR, Washington
Rank entering combine: No. 31 overall | No. 3 WR

Yes, Ross broke the combine's modern record for the fastest 40 with a 4.22. But one thing I want to make really clear: He's not a combine creation; this is a really good football player who looks like a first-rounder on tape. Ross has savvy route-running ability, reliable hands and yes, blazing speed on the field. (He's also a good returner, having scored four return touchdowns in his three seasons at Washington.) The combination of Ross' talents is what made him a likely first-rounder entering the week, and his performance on Saturday put some more pressure on fellow top-ranked WRs Mike Williams and Corey Davis to put on good performances at their pro days (assuming Davis is healthy by then). Ross will leave Indianapolis having a good chance to go in the top 15 of the first round. One evaluator in the league I spoke to said the top 10 is a possibility.

i

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
Rank entering combine: No. 42 overall | No. 3 QB

Watson had the best day of all the quarterbacks. He played almost exclusively out of the shotgun in college, so I was surprised at how fluid his footwork was working from under center on Saturday, given that he has made some adjustments while working with Jordan Palmer. During drills, Watson used his lower half more efficiently than during the season, driving off his back leg and transferring his weight forward. His trajectory and ball placement on the deep ball were also a lot better and more consistent than what I saw on tape. That comes with the usual combine caveats for quarterbacks -- these guys are throwing against air with no pads on -- but it's still good to see the progress. Watson can clearly absorb and apply coaching.

i

O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
Rank entering combine: No. 11 overall | No. 1 TE

Howard measured nearly 6-foot-6 and 251 pounds, and he ran a 4.51-second 40. That's elite speed for the position. His vertical jump (30 inches) came in a little below average, but he showed off outstanding explosiveness with a 10-foot-1-inch broad jump. It's not often you see a tight end like Howard. He has the size and arm length (33¾ inches) to play as an in-line TE, and the speed to be a major matchup problem down the field for opposing defenses.

i

Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
Rank entering combine: No. 32 overall | No. 1 QB

I'd give Trubisky an A-minus/B-plus for his performance on Saturday. The ball came off his hands well during drills, showing his good arm velocity and accuracy on a variety of throws. He showed comparable speed to Watson in the 40-yard dash. Trubisky is definitely capable of making plays with his legs. One of his special traits is his pocket presence, but that wasn't on display in these structured sessions. Trubisky has the most consistent tape of the top three quarterbacks, but his lack of starting experience makes him a tough evaluation.

i

DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
Rank entering combine: No. 35 | No. 2 QB

Kizer had the most up-and-down session of the top quarterbacks on Saturday, which jibes with his tape. When he's comfortable and confident with where he's throwing the ball, he has a rifle for an arm. Physically, he's very gifted, but the lack of consistency is concerning. During drills, he was clearly uncomfortable with the timing of his drops from under center. That's understandable, given that he played primarily out of the shotgun. He dropped in a few really good vertical throws with touch. Kizer is a work in progress, but has an enticing skill set.

i

David Njoku, TE, Miami
Rank entering combine: No. 17 overall | No. 2 TE

Njoku's measurables are a little freakish -- 6-foot-4 and 246 pounds with 35¼-inch arms. Those are good left tackle arms, which will obviously help him as a blocker and in contested-catch situations. He jumped out of the gym too, with a 37.5-inch vertical and an 11-foot-1-inch broad jump. Both of those numbers are outstanding for a tight end. It won't surprise me if Njoku and Howard are both off the board in the top 20 picks.

i

Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
Rank entering combine: No. 45 overall | No. 5 WR

Jones had a great week at the Senior Bowl, and he has continued his momentum here in Indianapolis, running a 4.45 40 and jumping 36.5 inches in the vertical and 11 feet, 1 inch in the broad. All of those drills are very important for wide receivers, and Jones' measurables are bordering on outstanding. I feel very comfortable with our second-round grade on him, and he has a chance to be in my post-combine Top 32, which will be released on Wednesday. Another small-school WR prospect who has impressed is Louisiana Tech's Carlos Henderson. I watched more of his tape on Friday night and immediately boosted his grade to mid-second-round level. He ran a great 40 on Saturday (4.46) at 5-foot-11 and 199 pounds, and his speed shows up on tape. Henderson is a big-time competitor for a smaller receiver. He profiles as a similar (if less explosive) receiver to John Ross in the NFL.

i

Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
Rank entering combine: No. 70 overall | No. 6 TE

Engram made himself some money on Saturday. I know he's only 234 pounds, so he's either a big receiver or a small tight end. I don't care: He's a matchup problem at 6-foot-3 3/8 with 4.42 speed. That's the third-fastest 40 time for a tight end since 2006. Engram will definitely be getting a boost in my rankings after the combine. I'd be surprised if he got out of the second round. A small-school TE I want to make sure to mention is Adam Shaheen out of Ashland. I really like his athleticism. He ran the 40 in 4.79 seconds at 6-foot-6½ and 278 pounds. That's outstanding. Second round is also a possibility for Shaheen after he took full advantage of his combine workout.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Adams 4.88
Allen 5.00
Barnett 4.88
Basham 4.81
Bower 4.85
Brantley 5.15

tm1119

Reaction score
Nothing overly impressive so far...Montavius Adams only 1 so far that I would call faster than expected

gmoney112

Reaction score
We need defense, but there's a legitimate chance WR or TE could be BPA at 28.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brown 4.94
Caraway 4.74
Charlton 4.92
Cox Jr. 4.90
Donahue 4.76
Ekanem 4.89
Garrett 4.64

tm1119

Reaction score
If Garrett knew how to get out of a track stance that would have been in the 4.5's.