2017 NFL Combine

Texas_Pete

Reaction score

If I were Red, I'd do like Mike Ditka did for Ricky Williams: trade away our whole draft for this dude. Well, MAYBE not. Hard not to imagine him and Jaylon Smith terrorizing Wentz for the next decade though. :laugh:

gmoney112

Reaction score
Engram is seriously on my radar now. I'll be interested to see if interview him.

Dude's a complete mismatch.

I know defense is a priority, but if you can get a guy that you can literally use anywhere, as long as you don't ask him to block too much, then do it. Especially if Rico's improved his blocking. Hell, you could line Engram up at WR if you wanted too.

RandyOh

Reaction score
I didn’t say they’ve drafted a lot of guys from Iowa.

I read somewhere in the last couple of years that the team likes the coaching guys get at Iowa. The article also said that Iowa recruits tough, physical players who are no nonsense… the type of guys Dallas wants to get.

Dallas also likes big-program guys (like Big 10, SEC, etc.) which includes a lot of teams, I agree.

So, regardless of how many Iowa guys they’ve drafted the last 5 years (the period of time that Dallas has been really focusing on toughness and physicality)… the team likes players from Iowa, in a broad sense. I’m pretty certain about that as I’ve actually read it in more than one place.

I’m not sure why you’re obsessing about this one little point but to each his own, I suppose. If you think I’m wrong about it, and you think Kittle isn’t the type of guy Dallas will like, then I’m ok with that.

You seem to be a smart guy that knows your football and generally, I see things pretty similarly as you. However, here we may have to agree to disagree.
He doesn't like to be wrong and he will fight you on the smallest of details till you say he was right. He got benched for going at it with Fuzzy then as soon as he was able to post again he is now going at it with Fuzzy again on the same topic. Best not acknowledge unless you want to debate about our interest in Iowa players for a month.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I didn’t say they’ve drafted a lot of guys from Iowa.

I read somewhere in the last couple of years that the team likes the coaching guys get at Iowa. The article also said that Iowa recruits tough, physical players who are no nonsense… the type of guys Dallas wants to get.

Dallas also likes big-program guys (like Big 10, SEC, etc.) which includes a lot of teams, I agree.

So, regardless of how many Iowa guys they’ve drafted the last 5 years (the period of time that Dallas has been really focusing on toughness and physicality)… the team likes players from Iowa, in a broad sense. I’m pretty certain about that as I’ve actually read it in more than one place.

I’m not sure why you’re obsessing about this one little point but to each his own, I suppose. If you think I’m wrong about it, and you think Kittle isn’t the type of guy Dallas will like, then I’m ok with that.

You seem to be a smart guy that knows your football and generally, I see things pretty similarly as you. However, here we may have to agree to disagree.

I'm pulling your chain Asthma. Nothing serious. Cheers.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I can't see any scenario right now where Garrett doesn't go #1. I think the Browns will get some enticing offers.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Derek Rivers making money at 6-4 250 with 30 reps...3rd round pick.

If he can run under 4.7...2nd round pick.

Under 4.6......possible 28th pick? o_O

reddyuta

Reaction score
Engram is seriously on my radar now. I'll be interested to see if interview him.

Dude's a complete mismatch.

I know defense is a priority, but if you can get a guy that you can literally use anywhere, as long as you don't ask him to block too much, then do it. Especially if Rico's improved his blocking. Hell, you could line Engram up at WR if you wanted too.

he can block,i think we can use him like aaron Hernandez.I think he is going in the first RD most likely to the patriots.

Silverstar

Reaction score
RB De'angelo Henderson 5074 208 - 20 reps

In comparison...

DT Jaleel Johnson 6030 316 - 19 reps
DE DeMarcus Walker 6035 280 - 18 reps
DE Tarell Basham 6040 269 - 15 reps

I wouldn't want any of these weak guys playing on our DL...would you?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
he can block,i think we can use him like aaron Hernandez.I think he is going in the first RD most likely to the patriots.

He's definitely that 'move' TE that can play out of the backfield or split out wide... this is the kind of guy that would take our play action game to another level. And with a mobile QB like Dak? Sign me up

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He doesn't like to be wrong and he will fight you on the smallest of details till you say he was right. He got benched for going at it with Fuzzy then as soon as he was able to post again he is now going at it with Fuzzy again on the same topic. Best not acknowledge unless you want to debate about our interest in Iowa players for a month.

Sorry, I must have hurt your feelings in some thread. I think idgit has started a support group for he and others. My send him a PM.

Bizwah

Reaction score
RB De'angelo Henderson 5074 208 - 20 reps

In comparison...

DT Jaleel Johnson 6030 316 - 19 reps
DE DeMarcus Walker 6035 280 - 18 reps
DE Tarell Basham 6040 269 - 15 reps

I wouldn't want any of these weak guys playing on our DL...would you?
As a fellow long-armed guy, this isn't really fair. We, by definition, do more work than the short-armed guys.