2017 NFL Combine

tm1119

Reaction score
Let McClain go. That means 3.

I agree. He flashed a few times last year, but I think he's largely replaceable for much cheaper than he will be. Thornton and a rookie can do the 1 tech job

tm1119

Reaction score
Well if you add UDFA then yeah I can see one earning a roster spot but if you're expecting a couple of draft DEs, especially early, I think you're going to be disappointed.

And unlike Alexander, I actually think Tapper's got a lot of ability.

Even though he had great straight line speed Id put Tapper in the LDE category. I wouldn't count on him to come in and be a big pass rush threat.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The Jaylon Smith optimism I can accept. If healthy, he is an elite player no question about it.

Tapper was never regarded as much more than what we thought we had when we drafted him in the 4th last year. Yet he's going to step up and be a solution?

Please tell me we aren't this clueless.

I actually thought we stole the guy. Wouldn't shock me to see him play some DT as well. He's kind of a tweener. He played all over @ Oklahoma. Will be interesting to see what the plan is going to be along the D-line. Let's just hope they have a plan.:rolleyes:

I think in the end...we take a guy like Rivers in the 3rd. Go DB early in the 1st and 2nd round. Our secondary is a mess that nobody wants to acknowledge.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I agree. He flashed a few times last year, but I think he's largely replaceable for much cheaper than he will be. Thornton and a rookie can do the 1 tech job

Screw Thornton. He was a free agent wash out. Want nothing to do w/ him. He sucks.o_O And he's from Philly.:igglestrophy:

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
since they are making a big deal about Harris arms I'll hop on my Takk bandwagon/trade down and take Basham.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I will say this about Willis he can't catch a pass to save his life.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jaylon Smith optimism I can accept. If healthy, he is an elite player no question about it.

Tapper was never regarded as much more than what we thought we had when we drafted him in the 4th last year. Yet he's going to step up and be a solution?

Please tell me we aren't this clueless.

I can accept Tapper more than Smith. Until I see a LB with drop foot wearing a brace play at a high level I'll believe he can't.

Tapper's not some phenom pass rusher but he was done no favors by the scheme at Oklahoma. He can help.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I can accept Tapper more than Smith. Until I see a LB with drop foot wearing a brace play at a high level I'll believe he can't.

Tapper's not some phenom pass rusher but he was done no favors by the scheme at Oklahoma. He can help.
Jaylon's nerve and Tapper's pars defect are about the same to me. Not counting on either, both need to prove it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Somebody tell Mayock that Peppers didn't choose to workout with the LBs. He should know this.