33 1/4 arm
10 1/8 hand
4.65 forty 1.59 split
21 reps
37.5 vertical
10'7" broad

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Explosive, quick-twitch athlete. Bursts out of his stance and challenges the edge. Good shoulder turn at the edge of rush and can dip and corner with very tight radius. Showed ability to play in variety of spots. Crisp change of direction ability. Took to his coaching and showed drastic improvement against the run this year. Played two years of college basketball at Houston which shows up with his footwork and fluidity when dropping into space. Has ability to pattern match tight ends. Light is starting to come on for him. Should have a big day at the combine.

Wait a minute...aren't those the traits we're looking for?

:grin:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
One thing I like about Peppers is that he has the same kind of exuberance that we found so refreshing from Elliott and Prescott.

Young kids who know they are good and love the game. And want to compete.

No sad sack. No woe is me.

He could have complained he had to do LB drills.

He just acknowledged it. And he did a back flip.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DBs tomorrow. I'm taking the day off. I don't do cornerbacks. Just don't care. They're all the same. I'll record and fast forward to the safeties.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i

Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Rank entering combine: No. 1 overall | No. 1 DE

What Garrett did on Sunday was absolutely absurd. At 6-foot-4 and 272 pounds, this guy is built like an NBA power forward, but he tested like someone much smaller. He jumped 41 inches in the vertical. To put that in perspective, Odell Beckham Jr. jumped 38.5 inches -- at 198 pounds. And Garrett's 10-foot-8-inch broad jump showed off terrific lower-body explosiveness. Long story short, Garrett has a truly rare physical skill set (look at the table below comparing his numbers to Jadeveon Clowney, one of the best size/speed freaks in recent memory). At this point, given his quality tape, college production and measurables, I think it would be really tough for the Browns to pass on Garrett at No. 1 overall.

i

Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
Rank entering combine: No. 18 overall | No. 3 safety

Peppers worked out with the linebackers, but based on his size (nearly 5-foot-11 and 213 pounds), he will play more of a strong safety/nickel role in the pros. (He'd need to be in the 230 range to play weakside linebacker.) Peppers has elite straight-line speed (4.46 40-yard dash), and he showed good lower-body power in the vertical (35.5 inches, above average) and broad jump (10 feet, 8 inches, outstanding at any position). I thought he looked really comfortable going through linebacker coverage drills, too. He opted to workout with the defensive backs tomorrow, as well, so we'll get to see how fluid he looks there. Peppers' decision to stick around an extra day is emblematic of his competitiveness and motor. Talk to anyone at Michigan, and the first thing they'll tell you about Peppers is that he's just tireless. I really believe he has the stamina to be a contributor on defense, special teams and offense at the next level. He's a first-round talent in my book. Not everyone shares that opinion, but he'll add a ton to whichever team that drafts him.

i

Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
Rank entering combine: No. 41 overall | No. 2 ILB

Reddick had one of the most impressive days overall. He and WR Zay Jones have helped themselves more than any other players in the pre-draft process. Both prospects followed up outstanding showings at the Senior Bowl with great weeks at the combine. Reddick played defensive end in college -- and worked out with the DEs on Sunday -- but he'll be an off-the-ball linebacker in the pros, similar to the transition Tedy Bruschi made coming out of Arizona. He ran a 4.52 40 at 6-foot-1½ and 237 pounds. That's outstanding. And his 11-foot-1-inch broad jump marked just the third time since 2006 that a linebacker eclipsed the 11-foot mark in Indy. Over the span of about six weeks, Reddick has gone from a virtual unknown to having a legitimate chance to be a first-round pick. Quite a story.

i

Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
Rank entering combine: No. 5 overall | No. 2 DE

I really like Thomas' tape. After he declared for the draft, I watched four of his games and immediately gave him a top-10 grade and haven't budged since. Sunday was an important day for him, since his testing numbers were an unknown as an underclassman. Measuring 6-foot-2 5/8 and 273 pounds, Thomas checked pretty much every box during drills. For a player whose game is built on quickness and power more than speed and change-of-direction ability, he showed some nice explosiveness. Thomas' 35-inch vertical and 10-foot-6-inch broad jump are both outstanding numbers for his position, and his 6.98-second three-cone was really impressive. Plus, only thee defensive linemen benched more than Thomas' 30 reps. He entered the combine as my fifth overall player, and Thomas will not move down when I release my new Top 32 on Wednesday. He has a really good chance to be a top-10 pick.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett aside, there were plenty of other players who performed well, including the younger brother of one of the best defensive linemen in the game. Here are six prospects who boosted their stock on Sunday, starting with an outside linebacker who has moved into the first round conversation with an impressive overall showing.

i

Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
Rank entering combine: No. 41 overall

Reddick capped off a tremendous postseason process by putting on a show during on-field workouts. He showed good strength (24 reps on the bench) and had an elite 40 time for a 237-pounder (4.52 seconds). His 11-foot-1-inch broad jump tied Darron Lee and A.J. Hawk for the highest since 2006 among linebackers. Reddick also showed really good balance and fluidity during drill work, which isn't surprising considering how comfortable he looked at the Senior Bowl playing the off-linebacker position. Reddick confirmed he has the athleticism to be a contributor in multiple spots along the front seven. It wouldn't be a surprise to see him come off the board in Round 1.

i

Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State
Rank entering combine: No. 132 overall

Willis had one of the more surprising workouts from the defensive line group, testing extremely well across the board. At 255 pounds, he ran a 4.53 in the 40-yard dash, second to only Reddick among players who tested as D-linemen. Even more impressive: Willis' 1.54-second 10-yard split (unofficial) and 6.85-second three-cone were both the fastest of the defensive line group and in rare air for the position. In addition, Willis tied for third among the group with a 4.28-second short shuttle while also turning in a vertical (39 inches) and broad jump (10 feet, 5 inches) that were well above-average. Willis' tape is up and down, but this type of workout will force teams to take a closer look and could potentially sneak him into the late Day 2 range.

i

Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston
Rank entering combine: No. 100 overall

Bowser made some money with his showing in Indianapolis this weekend. At nearly 6-foot-3 and 247 pounds, he has a thick, muscular frame with long arms for the position (33¼ inches), and he showed adequate strength with 21 reps on the bench. Bowser's 40-yard dash (4.65) and broad jump (10 feet, 7 inches) both ranked in the top five for the position, and he also recorded the highest vertical jump (37.5 inches) of the entire linebacker group. In addition, Bowser impressed during drill work with good fluidity, balance and change-of-direction skills. Bowser caught some eyes at the Senior Bowl and is another prospect who is taking advantage of the pre-draft process. He's now squarely in the Day 2 range.

i

T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
Rank entering combine: No. 43 overall

The younger brother of Texans DE J.J. Watt, T.J. missed the 2014 season with a right knee injury and then the 2015 spring with an issue in his left knee. So his medical checks will be critical to his draft stock. In addition, Watt is just a redshirt junior, and after moving from tight end to outside linebacker in the fall of 2015, he has just one year of notable production. With all of that in mind, it was important that he test well, and he did just that. At 252 pounds and a little taller than 6-foot-4, Watt ran a 4.69 40, recorded a 37-inch vertical and broad jumped 10 feet, 8 inches. Those are all excellent results for a bigger outside linebacker. Watt finished off a great day by moving well during position drills.

i

Trey Hendrickson, DE, Florida Atlantic
Rank entering combine: No. 173 overall

Hendrickson -- who was named the East-West Shrine Game's most outstanding defensive player -- continues to improve his stock. At 6-foot-4 and 266 pounds, he made a case to 3-4 teams that he's athletic enough to play outside linebacker and showed that he has the physical tools to develop into a disruptive pass rusher. He ran a 4.68 40, finished with the second fastest three-cone time (4.2) among the D-linemen and ran a 7.03 short shuttle, which is an above-average time for a linebacker, let alone a defensive end. He also moved better than expected in space and even showed the ability to play the ball during position drills.

i

Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
Rank entering combine: No. 59 overall

At a shade under 6-foot-2 and 240 pounds, McMillan ran the third fastest 40 (4.61) among linebackers and put up 23 reps on the bench. The bench is right around the five-year combine average for linebackers, but it's important to consider that McMillan has longer arms (33 inches) for an ILB. One of the concerns regarding McMillan is whether he's a two-down linebacker who needs to be taken out on obvious passing downs. The way he moved and played the ball during position drills -- and his quick 40 -- will help ease those concerns.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Good day for this guy too.

Tyus Bowser
6025 247
33 1/4 arm
10 1/8 hand
4.65 forty 1.59 split
21 reps
37.5 vertical
10'7" broad

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Explosive, quick-twitch athlete. Bursts out of his stance and challenges the edge. Good shoulder turn at the edge of rush and can dip and corner with very tight radius. Showed ability to play in variety of spots. Crisp change of direction ability. Took to his coaching and showed drastic improvement against the run this year. Played two years of college basketball at Houston which shows up with his footwork and fluidity when dropping into space. Has ability to pattern match tight ends. Light is starting to come on for him. Should have a big day at the combine.

Wait a minute...aren't those the traits we're looking for?

:grin:
But what are the weaknesses lol

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Just as an observation... you know it must be combine week when Jordan Willis' stock goes up and an awesome football player like Reuben Foster's goes down.

The underwear Olympics strikes again.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There's going to be so many options if we stick at 28 (DL, LB, WR, TE, CB...) but any which way we go we end up with a good football player. Too much talent should be left on the board.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Just got this text from an actual scout at the combine.

"3 safeties go top ten. Hooker, Adams, Peppers. Best defensive class we've ever scouted. Need more picks."
I would agree with that

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Adams 4.56
Allen 4.43
Awuzie 4.44
Baker 4.46
Carter Sr. 4.72
Clark 4.55
Conley 4.45