2017 NFL Combine

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Starting to think Coach Pete must have starved all those Washington DBs...Way too skinny for my taste.:rolleyes:

RS12

Reaction score
Deion Sanders was gushing over Adoree Jackson earlier on NFL Network.
Yep and Prime has no love lost for Claiborne or Carr. Me neither but two rookie CBs can be rough way to go. To me Claiborne just cant physically hold up and I've seen enough. I'd consider Carr on a one year, incredibly cheap deal.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Watching the first group again...still don't get why everyone is gushing over Sidney Jones CB Washington. Showing up in a T-shirt to hide his skinny body...isn't gonna fool anybody.:lmao:

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I wonder what the reaction would be if the Cowboys drafted Budda Baker at 28.
As always, I would need to see who else is there, but I really like the kid. He sort of reminds me of Mathieu. Play him in the slot or Safety and he's going to make plays.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Stribling 4.68
Sutton 4.53
Tabor 4.63
Tankersley 4.47
Thompson 4.60
Tocho 4.55
Tyson 4.53
M. White 4.68
T. White 4.47
Williams 4.57
H. Wilson 4.58
Q. Wilson 4.56
Witherspoon 4.45
Woods 4.54

I'm surprised the Florida DBs are so slow. Florida used to be known for their speed.

waving monkey

Reaction score
If we draft smart and avoid reaching for players there is no reason we can't come out of this draft with 3 or 4 instant solid starters/contributors from day one. Also, this is not a year to take chances. Just get healthy players with out character or injury risks.
Just get healthy players with out character or injury risks. :cool:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Im stuck in Oregon til summer so I got stuck w a lot of UW games.

I didnt watch that closely but every time he just jumped off the screen, seemed a bit faster and smarter than everyone. Reminds of a beefier Mathiew at lsu, always around the ball! Fumbles, picks whatever! No way im dissapointed if the FO loves him. We need more guys that "bleeping love it!" Never saw Ross do squat for some reason just a BB show

BB?

Tristan

Reaction score
I am weary of big boned Safeties.remember Pat Watkins? He couldn't cover anybody.
I was shocked he sucked, loved the watkins pick lol he had the merton hanks chicken neck shouldve been a oro bowler w that neck

rambo2

Reaction score
CBS was the 1st site i saw have Jordan Willis with a 2nd round grade. Hes slid down since then but thats because others stole the show at the All star games. Jackson has slid on CBS because of his injury. Its what usually happens

Griffin currently has the same grade as Anthony Brown did last year in NFL and Brown had a great combine as well . Browns an athletic 4.3 speed corner himself. Griffin also has a 7th-UDFA grade on NFL draft scout and they are constantly changing grades and not forgetting about the later players. Hes not a 2nd round corner lol. Brown went in the middle of the 6th round in not only a weaker CB class but a much weaker draft class in general. I can see Griffin going sooner because of his test results but hes going on day 3. Even if his actual play speed on tape is different.

Every year a bunch of people want to throw 3,4, even 5 years of game tape out the window because some small school or unknown players showed up and dominated the drills in shorts after spending weeks if not months training to dominate the drills. I think this is called Al Davis syndrome. Look at them 4.3 40s. Draft them!!!!

CBS has Willis ranked 106 with a 3rd to 4th round grade. I'm sure that they will change that soon. He could go late 1st.

Silverstar

Reaction score
DB Brian Allen - Utah
6031 215
34 arm
10 hand
4.43 (1) 4.48 (2) 4.48 forty
15 reps
34.5 vertical
9'9" broad
4.34 shuttle
6.64 cone

I think Allen would be a good pick on day 3.
At 6-3 215, he should be a safety and he could be a good one.
He snagged 4 INT's last year so he's got some ball skills...what ya guys think?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I think our pick comes down to him or Obi Melifonwu SS Connecticut.....

Was hoping he would be our 2nd rounder...But now???? I highly doubt it.:banghead:

My thinking was...

1/28. Obi Melifonwu SS Connecticut
2/60. Fabian Moreau CB UCLA
3/92. Derek Rivers DE Youngstown St.
4/133. WR..a few possibilities..Carlos Henderson WR Louisiana Tech, Josh Malone WR Tennessee, Chris Godwin WR Penn St. Amara Darboh WR Michigan

Most of these guys blew up the combine....so who knows now. Think that plan is out the window now.:mad:

Obi raised his stock after that combine performance, can play s and some cb. Loved that speed and is a class act human being as well.

No way he lasts to 60 like you say, I love the kid!

gmoney112

Reaction score
I think our pick comes down to him or Obi Melifonwu SS Connecticut.....

Was hoping he would be our 2nd rounder...But now???? I highly doubt it.:banghead:

My thinking was...

1/28. Obi Melifonwu SS Connecticut
2/60. Fabian Moreau CB UCLA
3/92. Derek Rivers DE Youngstown St.
4/133. WR..a few possibilities..Carlos Henderson WR Louisiana Tech, Josh Malone WR Tennessee, Chris Godwin WR Penn St. Amara Darboh WR Michigan

Most of these guys blew up the combine....so who knows now. Think that plan is out the window now.:mad:

Obi isn't going in the first. He'll probably go in the 2nd though.

His value is really mid-late 2nd/top 3rd in this class.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Watching the first group again...still don't get why everyone is gushing over Sidney Jones CB Washington. Showing up in a T-shirt to hide his skinny body...isn't gonna fool anybody.:lmao:

Because he is a very good player?