2017 NFL Combine

TheFinisher

Reaction score
We might go DB with 2 of our top 3 picks. Maybe the top 2 picks.

This is the darkest timeline.

I could easily see this happening, we have 3 starters in the secondary entering the market this week and another Safety who fills in in wilcox

rambo2

Reaction score
I would go SS and CB 1-2 but I think the F.O. is looking at DE/WR 1-2.
I think that they go with their BPA. Somebody off this list: John Ross, O.J. Howard, Jabrill Peppers, Haason Reddick, Christian McCaffrey, Jordan Willis, Adoree" Jackson, Obi Melifonwu or one of the other corners. It will be interesting to say the least. This draft is amazing for what the Cowboys need in the secondary and wr.

Silverstar

Reaction score
25 prospects who did not run.

Noah Brown
Corey Davis
Speedy Noil
Dede Westbrook
Mike Williams

Pharoah Brown
Jake Butt
Jordan Leggett
Eric Saubert

Keionta Davis
Harvey Langi
DeMarcus Walker
Carlos Watkins
Chris Wormley

Kendall Beckwith
Ben Boulware
Jarrad Davis
Rueben Foster
Marquel Lee
Jalen Reeves-Maybin

Justin Evans
Malik Hooker
Eddie Jackson
Desmond King
Marcus Maye

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
BPA method works within reason. For instance, we're not going to draft a QB or a guy that can only play center in the first round, regardless if they are the BPA. Why? Because those positions are filled and those players won't play a down of meaningful football if the starter is healthy.

With the RB position it's slightly different, but still similar. McCaffrey isn't the RB that EE is and isn't the slot WR that Beasley is. And while he's a great returner, teams can take him out of the game because so many teams can easily get touchbacks and the quality of punting in the NFL is so much better than they get him into a bunch of fair catches.

So for an intents and purposes, RB's are likely off the board until round 3 which is where you may want to start looking for a backup RB that can spell EE and make catches out of the backfield.

I doubt McCaffrey will be available anyway at 28. This is and will always be a copycat league. Teams look at what the Patriots have done with matchup problem players like McCaffrey and are bound to pick him.

YR

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
BPA method works within reason. For instance, we're not going to draft a QB or a guy that can only play center in the first round, regardless if they are the BPA. Why? Because those positions are filled and those players won't play a down of meaningful football if the starter is healthy.

With the RB position it's slightly different, but still similar. McCaffrey isn't the RB that EE is and isn't the slot WR that Beasley is. And while he's a great returner, teams can take him out of the game because so many teams can easily get touchbacks and the quality of punting in the NFL is so much better than they get him into a bunch of fair catches.

So for an intents and purposes, RB's are likely off the board until round 3 which is where you may want to start looking for a backup RB that can spell EE and make catches out of the backfield.

I doubt McCaffrey will be available anyway at 28. This is and will always be a copycat league. Teams look at what the Patriots have done with matchup problem players like McCaffrey and are bound to pick him.

YR
:clap:

dogberry

Reaction score
Once upon a time we passed by LeSean McCoy when had a first round grade on him.