FEATURED ****2017 NFL Draft Day THREE****

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
people whining about switzer.

punt returns are a huge part of the game. think about all the gadget plays they can run with this kid. A better version of whitehead running the jet sweep.

And he actually has receiving abilities, which I don't see in Whitehead's future.

To me, this is essentially Whitehead's replacement. Was hoping for the next Harris, but Whitehead isn't even that.

Carson

Reaction score

punt returns are a huge part of the game. think about all the gadget plays they can run with this kid. A better version of whitehead running the jet sweep.

Amen Theebs!!

People need to realize, if we can get positive yards on Punts it helps the offense out. No more fair catch or run around for 20 yards to gain 2

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

punt returns aren't as big as they once were in today's game, teams want their punters to kick outside the hash marks and kick the ball 42-46 yards high so there isn't a return, it's fair caught! 6th round wouldn't mind the pick, but fourth is too early for a special teams player

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Aside from returner capability, I think Switzer gives us more package combination abilities on offense. Also I think it allows us to take advantage of all those upfront 8-man packages that more defenses are showing due to our running game. For the same reason Beasley had so much success, Switzer will take some pressure off the front line because defenses will not be able to be so fast to Blitz

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
punt returns aren't as big as they once were in today's game, teams want their punters to kick outside the hash marks and kick the ball 42-46 yards high so there isn't a return, it's fair caught! 6th round wouldn't mind the pick, but fourth is too early for a special teams player

I disagree. Punt returns are still a huge moment in games. If you have a dynamic guy that turn a routine punt that should end up at the 23 and put the ball at the 38 its huge.

Kickoffs are dead but punt returns can win you a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.