FEATURED ****2017 NFL Draft Day THREE****

Status
Not open for further replies.

willia451

Reaction score
2VaqfJF.jpg

Reaction score
Possibly, and for Woods, I am ok with this the more I think of it.
Just the sound of a 5th for a 6th doesn't seem right.
Unless it's a 5th of whiskey....lol....

Our 6th is likely to be low and next year's picks are always discounted. This is the type of move you have to make if one of your top 30 visitors at a position of need is still available at the top of the 6th.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You also give up a round when trading future picks

Right, that's why I nor,ally don't like stuff like this. It's like drafting an injured player in a way the following year, without actually getting him. Lol.
But I may be ok with this one.
At least they got a player, not like usual when they get nothing.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, me too. But in this case, it could be good value. We keep our 6th this year, and even though I don't like giving up a 5th for a 6th. This time it may be good.
You gotta hit that pick out of the park. Ive liked Woods throughout the process. Great ball skills which is really lacking

cjlopez

Reaction score
Next years 5 will be replace by the 4th Round Comp and the 5th Round Comp picks we will get. It's a good deal when you know what you are going to get next year. Sometimes u have to pull the trigger and go for one u like.

fishspill

Reaction score
I wanted to keep the powder dry for 2018 early, but this point in the draft to get a possible member of the 53 I jump on that. Now we have 10 picks next year? Powder dry enough.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dude, you're giving up a day three pick to get a guy who could compete for a starting position. It's nothing but value.
You're giving up a 5th for a 6th.

I get that its a late pick, and in the big picture doesnt mean much, but you lost a whole round.

The better picks you have, the more flexibility you have in a given draft to manuver.

The flip side is that having 10+ picks on a 10+ win team can be excessive as you may draft alot of guys you wind up cutting

Status
Not open for further replies.