FEATURED ****2017 NFL Draft Day THREE****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hailmary

Reaction score
You're giving up a 5th for a 6th.

I get that its a late pick, and in the big picture doesnt mean much, but you lost a whole round.

The better picks you have, the more flexibility you have in a given draft to manuver.

The flip side is that having 10+ picks on a 10+ win team can be excessive as you may draft alot of guys you wind up cutting
But it's a player they met with and seemed to have liked at a position of need that can compete for playing time early. All this at the 6th round nonetheless. Surrendering next year's 5th is more than reasonable.

Plankton

Reaction score
D.J. Jones off the board. Would have been an interesting 1T candidate.

fishspill

Reaction score
Yes. Doesn't mean I have to like sacrificing a round value
I don't either. I was with you for most of this draft when people were suggesting burning picks in the 3rd or 4th. This is just too good an opportunity to ignore. Still looking solid for 2018 and making moves to move in the top 3-4 rounds as needed.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But it's a player they met with and seemed to have liked at a position of need that can compete for playing time early. All this at the 6th round nonetheless. Surrendering next year's 5th is more than reasonable.
I mean its not worse thing we could have done. The pick loss could be minimal. But they have to feel really good about the player.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Hodges or Hikutini at TE would be solid here shortly. And Jarron Jones has some scary potential at DT

names getting slim at this point. Other then local visit guys, I'm not sure if we are linked with anyone left on the board.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Hodges or Hikutini at TE would be solid here shortly. And Jarron Jones has some scary potential at DT

names getting slim at this point. Other then local visit guys, I'm not sure if we are linked with anyone left on the board.

Jarron Jones is left? I thought he'd be a 3-4 rounder. That dude is scary when he wants to play.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Kaaya QB
Hodges's TE
Joe Mathis DE
Magnunson OT
Did TJ Logan go yet?

Just a few guys I would be interested in.

Plankton

Reaction score
Would be DB overkill, but Jalen Myrick would be a good pick at 211.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Who's the next man up? Noah Brown is good value. I keep forgetting his name, but there's a small school wr that tested really well. Any tackles, TEs or RBs that any of you guys like?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
this roster feels like it needs a tight end but maybe they will be free agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.