FEATURED ****2017 NFL Draft Day THREE****

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
David Moore on the Tocket saying Cowobys are intrigued and pleased with Rico's progress. But not to the point where they beleive he is where he needs to be, but is making good progress. He still has much to learn.

Wonder if that means Hanna and Swaim are making good progress in rehab.
They only other TE on the roster is Hamlett, a reserves future contract guy.

So Witten is the only one worth a bleep right now.

robjay04

Reaction score
Never heard of the guy, but marinelli seemed pretty stoked.

That's what I took from it. He looked as excited as he has with any pick so far.

Gotta support management finally giving Marinelli some tools to work with instead of Rob Ryan's hand me downs.

robjay04

Reaction score
David Moore on the Tocket saying Cowobys are intrigued and pleased with Rico's progress. But not to the point where they beleive he is where he needs to be, but is making good progress. He still has much to learn.

It's okay.

Witten won't leave the field.

Plankton

Reaction score
Brugler's assessment:

36. JOEY IVIE | Florida 6030|300 lbs|4SR Dade City, Fla. (Pasco) 1/11/1995 (age 22) #91 GRADE Priority Free Agent

MEASUREABLES Arm: 32 1/2 | Hand: 09 5/8 | Wingspan: 77

PRO DAY 40-YD: 5.10 | 10-YD: 1.85 | 20-YD: 3.00 | BP: 26 | VJ: 29 | BJ: 08’09” | SS: 4.70 | 3C: 8.05

SUMMARY: A former four-star recruit, Ivie had no shortage of offers out of Pasco, committing to Florida over Florida State and others. He took his redshirt off late in the 2013 season due to depth issues and steadily saw his role increase the next three seasons, seeing snaps at nose and under tackle. Ivie became a full-time starter as a senior in 2016 (10 starts) and posted 26 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks and one forced fumble (missed two games due to a broken right thumb). Despite meager production, he is well-liked in Gainesville for his consistent effort and practice habits. At his best, he can shoot his hands to snatch, shed and pursue the football, disrupting the rhythm of the backfield. But those flashes were too infrequent on his fame film. He plays with adequate quickness, but his momentum is too easily slowed due to poor pad level, short arms and average functional strength. Overall, Ivie is a serviceable body with reliable character, but not a playmaker.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I get that Noah Brown is raw and needs time to develop, but there was talk of him being a potential 2nd rounder early in the process. We need to draft this kid and stash him in the PS for a year.

Macnalty

Reaction score

When Jake Butt went I knew something was good in Frisco. Could not of been a better TE prospect for what Garrett likes to do.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

So a healthy Swaim isn't?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get that Noah Brown is raw and needs time to develop, but there was talk of him being a potential 2nd rounder early in the process. We need to draft this kid and stash him in the PS for a year.

He made a lot of plays at Ohio State. I did see him drop a few he should have caught. ,aye a concentration issue at times.
However I think he would be a great pick up.

I watched all his games. Would love if they drafted him.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
These are the selected players in the seventh round Dallas has been calling around gauging other teams interest for UDFA signings and if teams are showing interest in signing as a UDFA and snapping them up instead of getting in a bidding war after the draft

Sydla

Reaction score
Would have rather taken a flier on Jarron Jones than Ivey.

Status
Not open for further replies.