2018-2019 Barclays English Premier League Season

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Anyone see the US-Chile friendly? Oh, the future of US soccer is bright lads. :facepalm:

That was dreadful. And the football announcers were abysmal. The United States has needed for a while to completely scrap the way it does football. But, it never will. Until it sorts it's situation out and matches it with Europe, then the only way the US will sniff a WC is when the US hosts it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was dreadful. And the football announcers were abysmal. The United States has needed for a while to completely scrap the way it does football. But, it never will. Until it sorts it's situation out and matches it with Europe, then the only way the US will sniff a WC is when the US hosts it.

I like our chances in 2026. Rumor is the US will unveil a 1-0-10 formation with Pulicic up top.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I like our chances in 2026. Rumor is the US will unveil a 1-0-10 formation with Pulicic up top.

Haha, quite likely. And the other decent players that the US has got are old for football players. Everyone else, there's a reason that the majority of the USMNT is stuck in the MLS or relegated European squads.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha, quite likely. And the other decent players that the US has got are old for football players. Everyone else, there's a reason that the majority of the USMNT is stuck in the MLS or relegated European squads.

I think Alexi Lalas is still the nations top defensive player. They need to bring him back.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think Alexi Lalas is still the nations top defensive player. They need to bring him back.

Haha, he's probably better than the current lot of defenders. Oh, and let's bring back Landon Donovan for the US.

Meanwhile, England looks like a decent form lately. We dominated the Czech Republic in London 5 Nil on Thursday. Then, on Monday, we smashed Montenegro on the road 5-1.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha, he's probably better than the current lot of defenders. Oh, and let's bring back Landon Donovan for the US.

Meanwhile, England looks like a decent form lately. We dominated the Czech Republic in London 5 Nil on Thursday. Then, on Monday, we smashed Montenegro on the road 5-1.

Its looking like a new golden age for England. Too bad France looks unbeatable.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I think England has a chance though. European football changes quite quickly, and England has one of the youngest national teams. I think England and France will duel it out like the Cowboys and 49ers used to.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think England has a chance though. European football changes quite quickly, and England has one of the youngest national teams. I think England and France will duel it out like the Cowboys and 49ers used to.

England has the best football league. Its absurd the national team hasn't done better.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Did I miss the old Golden Age?
We got to the WC semi by beating nobody, then lost to a Country with a population less than that of Wales with even less money than them to spend on Footie.
Now We've spanked the Footie equivalent of Kansas State and The Citadel, suddenly the hype machine is in overdrive.
Don't believe it, this is just another in a long line of false dawns, anything to stop an actual review of the consistent failure of the last 50 years, which might lead to meaningful change in the way the F.A runs things, that's what's important.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did I miss the old Golden Age?
We got to the WC semi by beating nobody, then lost to a Country with a population less than that of Wales with even less money than them to spend on Footie.
Now We've spanked the Footie equivalent of Kansas State and The Citadel, suddenly the hype machine is in overdrive.
Don't believe it, this is just another in a long line of false dawns, anything to stop an actual review of the consistent failure of the last 50 years, which might lead to meaningful change in the way the F.A runs things, that's what's important.

I'm harkening to the days of bobby charlton.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Golden age is a relative term. In the US, our golden age was in 2002 when we made the quarterfinal.
Well, since Y'all insist on using the "S word", the rest of the World tries extra hard to beat Y'all, so reaching the Qtrs is a heck of an achievement.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Anyone see the US-Chile friendly? Oh, the future of US soccer is bright lads. :facepalm:
Chile was about what you'd expect when the US doesn't have any of the young speedsters playing.
Zero attack.

Adams, Pulisic, McKinnie are the heart of the 2022 squad imho.

They remind me a lot of Chelsea tbh, where striker is basically a giant hole.