2018-2019 Barclays English Premier League Season

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Btw, Chelsea and Man U need to keep their paws off of our Howe!! Howe is Bournemouth's! Howe's a Cherry to stay! Unless the FA wants him I suppose. Either way! Our Cherry Spits (aka Spitfires) did very well!

Londonboy

Reaction score
Btw, Chelsea and Man U need to keep their paws off of our Howe!! Howe is Bournemouth's! Howe's a Cherry to stay! Unless the FA wants him I suppose. Either way! Our Cherry Spits (aka Spitfires) did very well!
Don't worry, unless He changes His name to Edditio Howetti, He won't be going to Chelsea.
Sarri will be lucky to keep His job after the Man City debacle, tactics were horrible, His stubborn insistence on playing Kante out of position is bordering on bizarre and He seems to have lost the Players.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That game Sunday was the worst I have ever witnessed as Chelsea fan.
I really have no words.

It was over 19 minutes in.

I still support Sarri but this team can not play that wide open versus Man City with the talent on hand and be competitive.

I am going to go with that was some hidden genius tactic meant to motivate and they took a bad L to win going forward.
Because if not he simply wont be manager much longer.

At this point top 4 and Europa league finals would be a stretch.
Not sure what happened to my club but good grief.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Don't worry, unless He changes His name to Edditio Howetti, He won't be going to Chelsea.
Sarri will be lucky to keep His job after the Man City debacle, tactics were horrible, His stubborn insistence on playing Kante out of position is bordering on bizarre and He seems to have lost the Players.

I agree that Sarri needs to be sacked. He's dreadful. Luckily for us, your lot seem to not like English managers too much as you pointed out.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That game Sunday was the worst I have ever witnessed as Chelsea fan.
I really have no words.

It was over 19 minutes in.

I still support Sarri but this team can not play that wide open versus Man City with the talent on hand and be competitive.

I am going to go with that was some hidden genius tactic meant to motivate and they took a bad L to win going forward.
Because if not he simply wont be manager much longer.

At this point top 4 and Europa league finals would be a stretch.
Not sure what happened to my club but good grief.

I can't imagine Sarri staying at the end of the season.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Arsenal back in top 4. Let us see how long this last. They have to win Wednesday before the North London derby.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Chelsea played Man City very very well and were unlucky to lose the Final.
Was great to see that after some dreadful recent play.

I like Emerson, RLC and CHO getting more run. They add much needed athleticism to the side.

I'm torn on whether Sarriball can succeed or not especially if this ban is upheld but IF it does it will be so beautiful.
On the other hand if Sarri wants to play wide open stretched play versus Man City with this team he needs to go quickly back to Napoli.

KTBFFH

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Posted earlier today on this but looks like it was deleted which is fair enough, the news was just breaking so my language was probably not ideal (has the system changed? thought the filter just picked it up and starred it, apologies to whoever had to mod my post if I missed a change)

Anyway with the benefit of a few hours to digest the news I'm still absolutely disgusted with Brendan Rodgers going to Leicester.

He was on the brink of an unprecedented treble treble for the club he claims to love and have supported all his days, a matter of months after publicly slating Dembele for his lack of loyalty going to Lyon in the summer and he walks out to go to a mid table English Premiership side with nothing to play for.

It was kind of an open secret that he wasn't happy with the board but stay till the summer and he walks away potentially as a club legend with everyone's best wishes.

Leaving the day before one of the toughest away games of the season and with a cup quarter final 3 days after that after everything he's said previously is disgraceful, the man's a snake. Will be even worse if he sells Chilwell and comes back up the road looking for Tierney. Can see him going for McGregor as well.

I know it's petty but would love to see them relegated next season.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Posted earlier today on this but looks like it was deleted which is fair enough, the news was just breaking so my language was probably not ideal (has the system changed? thought the filter just picked it up and starred it, apologies to whoever had to mod my post if I missed a change)

Anyway with the benefit of a few hours to digest the news I'm still absolutely disgusted with Brendan Rodgers going to Leicester.

He was on the brink of an unprecedented treble treble for the club he claims to love and have supported all his days, a matter of months after publicly slating Dembele for his lack of loyalty going to Lyon in the summer and he walks out to go to a mid table English Premiership side with nothing to play for.

It was kind of an open secret that he wasn't happy with the board but stay till the summer and he walks away potentially as a club legend with everyone's best wishes.

Leaving the day before one of the toughest away games of the season and with a cup quarter final 3 days after that after everything he's said previously is disgraceful, the man's a snake. Will be even worse if he sells Chilwell and comes back up the road looking for Tierney. Can see him going for McGregor as well.

I know it's petty but would love to see them relegated next season.

Yes, it is a bit of a pity.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
As an indication of how it's impacted his standing with the Celtic support "Judas" has been trending on Twitter for the last 12 hours or so

Ren

Reaction score
I’m torn, I hate Man U but Solskjaer is a legend where i’m from so I find my self cheering for them just so he can get the job full time. Would be beyond cool to have a Norwegian manager for one of the biggest clubs in the World

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm making this into a champions league forum too :thumbup:

I think the disaster at Real Madrid yesterday is going to reverberate in the Premier league this summer. It will be interesting to see what players and coaches they come after.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm making this into a champions league forum too :thumbup:

I think the disaster at Real Madrid yesterday is going to reverberate in the Premier league this summer. It will be interesting to see what players and coaches they come after.
you'd think after Courtois they may rethink that? lol

Chelsea fans are fully poised to lose Hazard to Madrid but have been for 3 years running.
His boyhood idol was Zidane so threat seemed bigger then.
There's also that he is turning 29 next January which may push RM towards a younger star like Mbappe or Neymar.
I mean they moved off Ronaldo at 33.

Unless they think they can get Man City players not sure there is that much UCL winning talent to be found in the EPL.

IMO it's more likely they go rack up another 5 or 6 blossoming new boys from across the other leagues.
But I am sure what manager is selected will play a huge part in all that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Chelsea fans are fully poised to lose Hazard to Madrid but have been for 3 years running.
There's also that he is turning 29 next January which may push RM towards a younger star like Mbappe or Neymar.

Unless they think they can get Man City players not sure there is that much UCL winning talent to be found in the EPL.

IMO it's more likely they go rack up another 5 or 6 blossoming new boys from across the other leagues.

Well, at least among the top teams. I actually reckon that there are some very capable young chaps on small clubs. Though, hopefully you lot stay away from Bournemouth's talent haha. Or hopefully Howe puts a high tag on them so we can replace them easily.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score

Mo Salah

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hazard, Salah, Aguero, Lukaku, KdB, Kante, Kane, Salah, Son et al ... there is talent but almost all horded into perennial top 6 sides...
I suspect they would be more in on Mbappe, Icardi, Eder Militao, Thiago Alcantara.
Teams in less competitive leagues are more willing to move off starlets at reasonable prices; especially with throw-in players.

Higher end EPL clubs will sell but not for cheap and RM needs to re-make their team with a handful of signings to return to Galácticos standard.

But again a lot will be determined by the manager they select IMHO.
A manager has little chance to succeed if you don't give him a few players key to his central vision.

As a Chelsea fan I am torn. Hazard is the best player I've watched since Drogba but Kante is actually playing at a higher level currently and the type of deal you could strike for Hazard while selling him before age 30 is a factor.
Pulisic in and a considerable sum for Hazard would be interesting if the transfer ban is successfully challenged.
If the ban remains then it is tough to see Hazard being sold.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hazard, Salah, Aguero, Lukaku, KdB, Kante, Kane, Salah, Son et al ... there is talent but almost all horded into perennial top 6 sides...
I suspect they would be more in on Mbappe, Icardi, Eder Militao, Thiago Alcantara.
Teams in less competitive leagues are more willing to move off starlets at reasonable prices; especially with throw-in players.

Higher end EPL clubs will sell but not for cheap and RM needs to re-make their team with a handful of signings to return to Galácticos standard.

But again a lot will be determined by the manager they select IMHO.
A manager has little chance to succeed if you don't give him a few players key to his central vision.

As a Chelsea fan I am torn. Hazard is the best player I've watched since Drogba but Kante is actually playing at a higher level currently and the type of deal you could strike for Hazard while selling him before age 30 is a factor.
Pulisic in and a considerable sum for Hazard would be interesting if the transfer ban is successfully challenged.
If the ban remains then it is tough to see Hazard being sold.

Yes, I think there could be quite a lot of changes coming to the EPL this offseason.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
With Zidane back at RM, Hazard will 100% go to RM.
Question is what gets sent back to Chelsea.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I know I'm a huge Bournemouth supporter whose team drew to Newcastle. But what is the matter with Chelsea lately? I'm watching the Everton Chelsea match and they look dreadful by their standards.