2018 Cowboys UDFA thread

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Bring in Quin Blanding JG. I bet he beats out some of the safeties we have on the roster.

Everytime I watched him...all he did was make plays. Watched a podcast on him...and they were tearing him down pretty good...taking bad angles...slow to react...ect, ect. I'd still take him though. I think he is a baller that can be coached up.:thumbup:

uvaballa

Reaction score
Everytime I watched him...all he did was make plays. Watched a podcast on him...and they were tearing him down pretty good...taking bad angles...slow to react...ect, ect. I'd still take him though. I think he is a baller that can be coached up.:thumbup:

Yeah he does take bad angles sometimes but the kid makes plays. The cowboys need safeties so it wouldn’t hurt taking a chance on him.

Carson

Reaction score

Sign me up for Blanding as well. Big fan

nathanlt

Reaction score
DeQuinton Osborne "DQ" || Oklahoma State DT || Career Highlights

Search for that video on you tube, I don't know if it has bad language, as I watched it on mute!

He looks like he's got what it takes to hold the point of attack in the middle, seems a bit slow on tape.

However, he is very excited to get a sack or tackle for loss. That type of motivation, well he'll need that for Rod Marinelli.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Tavarus McFadden, CB, Florida State signed w/ SF. Anyone know why he fell? Poor 40 time?

TheGoat73

Reaction score
I dont care. He could improve the team.

It seems to me that these knucklehead types hold promise of improving the team...but do more harm than good. I don’t need another PacMan Jones or Greg Hardy. We will have enough roster spots tied up in cats who could get suspended at any minute as it is.

No more PacMan, Greg Hardy, Rolando, Spellman, that CB with the car wreck, the underwear thief...I want professionals who are dedicated to the short, lucrative period in their lives where they can make Cowboys history...not bail.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Watching what tape I can find on these guys; a lot of them I could only find one game.

David Wells - Below average physical grade. Watched him against Fresno State. Generally showed a lot of talent, but I couldn't get a gauge on his speed and I saw only 3 routes. I think he can compete for a spot.
Jake Campos - Below average physical grade. Watched his 2015 game against Kansas, when he was playing swing tackle. Pretty good game, but struggled with edge rush, which is problematic because he has tackle exclusive height.
Joel Lanning - Watched him against Memphis. 3-4 ILB. The main takeaway is he blitzed a lot and was able to effect the QB. May have a speed/motor issue. The only coverage snap of concequence I saw, he tripped and fell.
Jashon Robertson - I've seen three of his underclassman games. My grade of him is strongly negative.
Kameron Kelly - Below average physical grade. I saw some good things from him vs. Stanford. Played deep zone CB; only really challenged with verticals and he mostly did a good job against them. Showed ability to hit. Slow 40 time showed on tape. I attributed a missed tackle and an underpursuit too him. I think he has a chance as a safety.
Kyle Queiro - I see they're converting him from S to LB. Didn't like his game against Penn State. Stayed on the right side. His slow 40 time showed; people ran by him. All around uninspiring performance.
Malik Earl - No measurables on NFLDraftScout.com. Watched his game against Missouri; filled with ups and downs. Bunch of catches, but had a drop. Had a fumble. Showed elusiveness. Got behind everyone on one play; caught from behind on another. Only saw 4 routes. Not optimistic of his chances on this crowed depth chart.

Added Bonus - I went back and rewatched two games of Jihad Ward. Played one game at wide end and one at 3T. He really showed up against the run, but he did nothing against the pass...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, at least we got Kam Kelly.
I liked him in the 7th. All these guys will struggle to make the team though.
The roster has improved the last few years, and is also young.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Watching what tape I can find on these guys; a lot of them I could only find one game.

David Wells - Below average physical grade. Watched him against Fresno State. Generally showed a lot of talent, but I couldn't get a gauge on his speed and I saw only 3 routes. I think he can compete for a spot.
Jake Campos - Below average physical grade. Watched his 2015 game against Kansas, when he was playing swing tackle. Pretty good game, but struggled with edge rush, which is problematic because he has tackle exclusive height.
Joel Lanning - Watched him against Memphis. 3-4 ILB. The main takeaway is he blitzed a lot and was able to effect the QB. May have a speed/motor issue. The only coverage snap of concequence I saw, he tripped and fell.
Jashon Robertson - I've seen three of his underclassman games. My grade of him is strongly negative.
Kameron Kelly - Below average physical grade. I saw some good things from him vs. Stanford. Played deep zone CB; only really challenged with verticals and he mostly did a good job against them. Showed ability to hit. Slow 40 time showed on tape. I attributed a missed tackle and an underpursuit too him. I think he has a chance as a safety.
Kyle Queiro - I see they're converting him from S to LB. Didn't like his game against Penn State. Stayed on the right side. His slow 40 time showed; people ran by him. All around uninspiring performance.
Malik Earl - No measurables on NFLDraftScout.com. Watched his game against Missouri; filled with ups and downs. Bunch of catches, but had a drop. Had a fumble. Showed elusiveness. Got behind everyone on one play; caught from behind on another. Only saw 4 routes. Not optimistic of his chances on this crowed depth chart.

Added Bonus - I went back and rewatched two games of Jihad Ward. Played one game at wide end and one at 3T. He really showed up against the run, but he did nothing against the pass...

Appreciate this:thumbup:

zekecowboy

Reaction score

Player Display Name:
Marchie Murdock

Wide receiver
School: Iowa State | Conference: BIG 12
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-0 / 200 | 40: 4.63 | DRAFT YR:2018

Neg:
Lacks next-level size and speed. Has a very slim body of work.

Player Display Name:
Malik Earl

Wide receiver
School: Missouri State | Conference: D-IAA
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-2 / 209 | 40: 4.62 | DRAFT YR:2018

Anybody a fan of these wr's. It does not appear to be the greatest.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
You'll have to become a Vikings fan to do it, if he even makes their team.

Vikings have proven that they know how to identify and develop pass rushers.

Mata'afa is in a good situation to get coached up and transition to the EDGE. He's got a better 40 and 10 then our DE draft pick.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Ward is over 300 lbs now and can see him shifted to 1 tech under Marinelli.