2018 Draft Chatter

Verdict

Reaction score
dream board at 19....hope they are there but probably not.
°Quenton Nelson,G-Notre Dame
°Roquon Smith,LB-Georgia
°TreMaine Edmunds,LB-Va Tech
°Derwin James,S-Fsu
°Calvin Ridley,WR-Bama
°Vita Vea,NT-Washington
°Marcus Davenport,DE-Utsa
°DaRon Payne,NT-Bama

more realistic board
°Maurice Hurst,DT-Michigan
°Isaiah Wynn,G-Georgia
°Billy Price,G-Ohio St
°Will Hernandez,G-Utep
°Rashaan Evans,LB-Alabama
°Harold Landry,DE/LB-Boston College
°Ogbonnia Okoronkwo,LB-Ou

but we got a LONG way to go.

The OU linebacker will almost certainly be on the board at #19 but ratings are all over the map on him. I think he is better than Smith at LB but I could see him going anywhere from the 1st to the 4th rounds if the draftnicks are accurate.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
NFL Media's Mike Mayock called Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch's game against Oregon "was as good an off-the-ball-linebacker tape as I've seen in five years."

Mayock apparently is a bit "smitten" with Vander Esch, although he notes that is after just two game tapes. The Boise State linebacker declared early and offers a somewhat similar frame to Tremaine Edmunds, so if a team misses out on the Virginia Tech product they could target LVE. Expect Vander Esch to post a solid Combine performance.

Source: The MMQB

---

I think Mayock has lost his mind.

Sydla

Reaction score
NFL Media's Mike Mayock called Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch's game against Oregon "was as good an off-the-ball-linebacker tape as I've seen in five years."

Mayock apparently is a bit "smitten" with Vander Esch, although he notes that is after just two game tapes. The Boise State linebacker declared early and offers a somewhat similar frame to Tremaine Edmunds, so if a team misses out on the Virginia Tech product they could target LVE. Expect Vander Esch to post a solid Combine performance.

---

Mayock mixes his board up a ton. So in a month, he may have Vender Esch back as a 2nd rounder. At one point, prior to really viewing a lot of tape, he had Kizer as the top QB in the draft then after evaluating the QBs more, he dropped Kizer out of his Top 5.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

---

I'm not gonna lie, he looked like a Sean Lee clone in that Oregon game.

cnuball21

Reaction score

---

I'm coming around on LVE. Mayocks exaggerating, but I think he led FBS in run stops last year and he appears to be a pretty good athlete.

My guess is mid 2nd right now.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Fred Warner is my LB man crush. The dude flys around the ball, good in coverage and creates turnovers at a very high rate. No big injuries in college 32.5 TFL, 7 interceptions, 5 FR, and 3 FF. A linebacker who has his hands in 18 total turnovers is absolutely amazing especially a guy who fits the new breed of LB's with a excellent motor. This guy is a 2nd - 3rd round talent who I think can be perfect fit in this system who could potentially play all 3 LB positions.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Big thanks to @Risen Star for organising this.
Huge well done to everyone for making this the quickest 4 rounder I can remember and for showing up on time and making this work.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

---

:laugh:

Weird....I think Alexander has lost him mind....:omg:

cowboyec

Reaction score
I have never liked this from these players. He would not be the first QB drafted #1 overall to do it though. Bradford didn't.
agreed.
I didnt like that Maurice Hurst elected not to participate in the Senior Bowl,either.
Its an opportunity to impress....take advantage.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Corbett gets more and more intriguing the more I watch him.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Are we in agreeance that there is a very high chance that one of
Derwin
Wynn
Vea
Or Roquan

Will be at our pick, correct?

Off ball LBs dont go as high in the draft as most fans think.
three of your selections IMO will not be on the board
Wynn will