2018 Draft Chatter

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Lawrence played like a top 5 pick last year, if he stays healthy and comes close to that again I'd consider noting less than a top 15 pick.

We need to keep him.

If we keep them both which I'm assuming would be the case do you think DE is off the list for a 1st round pick considering the investment in Taco?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Would taking Barkley and Nelson be screwing it up? They'd get the best two players in the draft but no QB.

I say no because you'd have a starter on OL (maybe LT replacing Thomas in a few years) and a RB that can pound the rock. QB would still be an issue unless you signed a FA like Keenum, but honestly, I couldn't fault them for doing that.

tm1119

Reaction score
If I’m Cleveland there’s no way I’m not getting 2 of Barkley, Nelson, Darnold, Rosen. Sign McCarron and draft Barkley and Nelson. Worst case take a guy like Mason Rudolph in the 2nd as a back up option if McCarron fails

cnuball21

Reaction score
If we keep them both which I'm assuming would be the case do you think DE is off the list for a 1st round pick considering the investment in Taco?

Nope. I'd still take a DE at 19 if if he was the clear cut best player.

Taco has experience rushing from the inside and gives a you a killer DE rotation.

DiResta

Reaction score
seriously what would it take to get Earl from Seattle? next years 3rd or a 2nd?

ib4yestoboth

Plankton

Reaction score
Can the Browns somehow screw up this draft? Dear lord, they should walk away with six starters.

espnapi_dm_140115_nfl_werder_browns_coach_search_wmain.jpg

Hold my beer.....

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
seriously what would it take to get Earl from Seattle? next years 3rd or a 2nd?

ib4yestoboth

That’s a bit rich for my blood simply because he’s coming off an injury.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
With all the Jewell y’all why not Micah Kizer? Same (leader) type and didn’t he post better numbers than Jewell?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
For those of you who are Vander Esch fans, he was rated the #1 LB for SPARQ ratings.

1 Leighton Vander Esch
LB38 ILB Boise State 22.6 6042 256 141.5

Although, looking at the rankings they don't have full #'s for Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
For those of you who are Vander Esch fans, he was rated the #1 LB for SPARQ ratings.

1 Leighton Vander Esch
LB38 ILB Boise State 22.6 6042 256 141.5

Although, looking at the rankings they don't have full #'s for Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds.

Just looked up LVE on 3 Sigma Athlete myself. Dude checked in at the 96th percentile.

If he makes it to 19, I am handing in my draft card so f'in fast. That's the Mike we need.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
For those that love comparisons, Vander Esch beats Urlacher in every category.

I’d still draft a guy in round 4 as well. Lee nor Smith can be counted on.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
For those that love comparisons, Vander Esch beats Urlacher in every category.

I’d still draft a guy in round 4 as well. Lee nor Smith can be counted on.
Vander Each might be the second lb picked after Edmonds. I think there is a good chance Smith is at 19 with Ridley.

Verdict

Reaction score
If we got a 3rd for each would you consider it?

I was thinking about it and I think in order to trade both I would be pretty hard pressed to get a second round pick out of 1 of them.

If done right with this draft which is deep but not top heavy it could be potentially game changing for this roster.

Lawrence would likely easily net a first round pick in a trade. I would probably want more than a first for his talent level. But make no mistake about it, his contract is going to limit this franchise---considerably. So he had better be worth it or in a year or two he becomes the new Cowboyszone whipping boy.

Verdict

Reaction score
Vander Each might be the second lb picked after Edmonds. I think there is a good chance Smith is at 19 with Ridley.

Vander Esch is a bit of an anomaly in that his numbers say he is fluid, but he doesn't look fluid. But I would draft him.