2018 Draft Chatter

sdfidaho

Reaction score
My pet cat Sam Hubbard just murdered the 3 cone. 6.84 at 6'5" 270.

The benchmarks for pass rushers are a 9'9" broad jump and a 7.2 3 cone, or better. Hubbard just missed the explosiveness test at 9'8" broad, but that agility score is something else. His testing numbers actually look a lot like Joey Bosa's.

Didn't run the 40, says he's going to run it at OSU's pro day, which kinda worries me because pro day times are usually fake news.

He looked really smooth today

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Maybe it is just me, but seeing these corners acting like it is their own personal track meet bothers me.

A player like Jackson in particular will treasure his 40 time more than making a great play to help his team win.

cnuball21

Reaction score
6.88 3 cone for Vander Esch! Is this man human?

No freaking joke...

Jewell also helped himself with a 6.8 which is elite for a LB. Was hoping to see him in the 4.7s, but if he can excel in the short area drills I still like him.

Alexander

Reaction score

Matthew Thomas is a weird evaluation. He tests well, you want to elevate him. But something just seems to be missing.

Then again, it is hard to evaluate any FSU player with the season they had.

I think a lot of them gave up after Francois got injured.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
No freaking joke...

Jewell also helped himself with a 6.8 which is elite for a LB. Was hoping to see him in the 4.7s, but if he can excel in the short area drills I still like him.

I actually kind of like to see a slow 40. Maybe it'll drop him a round and we can get him to be our 2-down Mike.

Alexander

Reaction score
Vander Esch has been compared to Shea McClellin.

I think it is quite fair.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
The d-line and LB's put on a show today. Very athletic class, and although many of them have their weaknesses and most are raw but with the athletic traits this class has it's a good year to have a lot of picks for depth.

Harold Landry and Fred Warner are two guys who would add instant juice to a defense that lacks athleticism.

Landry I think is a poor mans Vic Beasley.

Fred Warner is a better Kyle Van Noy who can play all 3 LB spots.

Matthew Thomas freak athlete who might be a late round get who you put behind a guy like Sean Lee and unleash him in a year or 2 as your starting Will.

Alexander

Reaction score
The d-line and LB's put on a show today. Very athletic class, and although many of them have their weaknesses and most are raw but with the athletic traits this class has it's a good year to have a lot of picks for depth.

Harold Landry and Fred Warner are two guys who would add instant juice to a defense that lacks athleticism.

Matthew Thomas freak athlete who might be a late round get who you put behind a guy like Sean Lee and unleash him in a year or 2 as your starting Will.
Landry is a player that scares me.

I want to like him, like him. But I just can't.

Not for Dallas at least. He is just not a player we could get a lot out of.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I actually kind of like to see a slow 40. Maybe it'll drop him a round and we can get him to be our 2-down Mike.

I wouldn't say I like it, but bouncing back with a great 3 cone makes me feel better about his ability to play in the NFL.

cnuball21

Reaction score

I'm not sure I'd consider Landry a "poor man's" Beasley. He had the same 10 yard split with a better 3 cone. I also think you could argue he gives you more against the run in year 1 then Beasley did.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I talked about Jerome Baker in a pet cat thread a couple days ago and all he's done is put himself in the shop window
The athleticism he displayed shows up on tape on the field . I really would not be opposed to him at 50.
He's essentially a WILL but could be in nickel from day 1 and gives us the chance to mive on from Sean Lee next off season if necessary.
Sideline to Sideline player.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Vander Esch has been compared to Shea McClellin.

I think it is quite fair.

Because they're both white guys from Boise State?

McClellin was a 4-3 DE for the Broncos and was drafted as a pass rusher. LVE is a Mike. They're apples and oranges.

tm1119

Reaction score
I talked about Jerome Baker in a pet cat thread a couple days ago and all he's done is put himself in the shop window
The athleticism he displayed shows up on tape on the field . I really would not be opposed to him at 50.
He's essentially a WILL but could be in nickel from day 1 and gives us the chance to mive on from Sean Lee next off season if necessary.
Sideline to Sideline player.

Soft player....I get that the athletic traits are great and his coverage ability plays well in the modern NFL. But he’s still a soft LB, something I just wouldn’t want to invest a high pick on