2018 Draft Chatter

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd consider Landry a "poor man's" Beasley. He had the same 10 yard split with a better 3 cone. I also think you could argue he gives you more against the run in year 1 then Beasley did.

I think Beasley had a wider variety of pass rush moves, and was able to convert strength to speed a little better then Landry does. Landry has legit speed rush RE potential though which I think we lack on this team.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think Beasley had a wider variety of pass rush moves, and was able to convert strength to speed a little better then Landry does. Landry has legit speed rush RE potential though which I think we lack on this team.

I think Landry is the most natural speed rusher in the draft. Tremendous 1st step and natural ability to bend the corner.

I think his injury messed up his evaluation this year but he looked unblockabke at times in 2016.

Both Beas and Landry were/are stud prospects so good debate.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Lorenzo Carter is impressive.
Like I stated earlier,in the game vs Notre Dame,he got the better of OT Mike McGlinchey more than once.
keep your eye on Carter.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I think Landry is the most natural speed rusher in the draft. Tremendous 1st step and natural ability to bend the corner.

I think his injury messed up his evaluation this year but he looked unblockabke at times in 2016.

Both Beas and Landry were/are stud prospects so good debate.

No doubt and he would be an awesome fit at what we have been wanting for a RE speed rusher.

These D-line and LB's put on an absolute show... I want more picks!!

I wouldn't say I would do this but trade Irving for a 2nd or 3rd and same with Lawrence would make the cap so much healthier and allow you to totally transform this team.

Could you imagine 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and the ability to move wherever you wanted in the draft. Now that wouldn't help you win a SB this year, but the following year you have one of if not the best young rosters in the league with a ton of cap flexibility.

cnuball21

Reaction score
No doubt and he would be an awesome fit at what we have been wanting for a RE speed rusher.

These D-line and LB's put on an absolute show... I want more picks!!

I wouldn't say I would do this but trade Irving for a 2nd or 3rd and same with Lawrence would make the cap so much healthier and allow you to totally transform this team.

Could you imagine 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and the ability to move wherever you wanted in the draft. Now that wouldn't help you win a SB this year, but the following year you have one of if not the best young rosters in the league with a ton of cap flexibility.

If we got a 2nd rounder for Irving...we'd have some kind of ammo.

Not a top heavy draft, so we'd be in a good spot to load up.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
If we got a 2nd rounder for Irving...we'd have some kind of ammo.

Not a top heavy draft, so we'd be in a good spot to load up.

If we got a 3rd for each would you consider it?

I was thinking about it and I think in order to trade both I would be pretty hard pressed to get a second round pick out of 1 of them.

If done right with this draft which is deep but not top heavy it could be potentially game changing for this roster.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score

I was thinking about it and I think in order to trade both I would be pretty hard pressed to get a second round pick out of 1 of them.

If done right with this draft which is deep but not top heavy it could be potentially game changing for this roster.
I love the idea of trading Lawrence. His value will never be higher. We could draft his replacement and not have to pay him that ridiculous contract.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I love the idea of trading Lawrence. His value will never be higher. We could draft his replacement and not have to pay him that ridiculous contract.

With the back injury, and the way this team is setup we lack real depth to compete this draft with the addition by draft picks and clearing up cap space it allows you to re-sign all of our players, build depth, and allows us to go into FA if we need too.

cnuball21

Reaction score

I'm not trading Lawrence. We've been begging for a pass rusher since Lawrence and we might have one so why in the world would we trade him? Franchise him, make him show us he can stay healthy and produce again then pay him.

I'm ok letting Irving walk for a 2nd.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I'm not trading Lawrence. We've been begging for a pass rusher since Lawrence and we might have one so why in the world would we trade him? Franchise him, make him show us he can stay healthy and produce again then pay him.

I'm ok letting Irving walk for a 2nd.

I agree, but would be interesting if the pick was top of the second round pick or higher.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I agree, but would be interesting if the pick was top of the second round pick or higher.

Lawrence played like a top 5 pick last year, if he stays healthy and comes close to that again I'd consider noting less than a top 15 pick.

We need to keep him.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Can the Browns somehow screw up this draft? Dear lord, they should walk away with six starters.