2018 Draft Chatter

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
If we can get Fred Warner and Matthew Thomas I think we would really solidify the LB group with depth with potential to start in a year.

This should target a DT or a S in round 1 and from the looks of things Payne and James are the guys to go after but they are probably both trade up guys. So I wonder if the Cowboys consider moving up when you look at the depth of the draft, and another idea is trade back and get a Taven Bryan and add a 3rd round pick.

This draft is setup well for the Cowboys and it's needs on the defense especially when you consider this team needs to add speed especially along the LB spot.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
If we can get Fred Warner and Matthew Thomas I think we would really solidify the LB group with depth with potential to start in a year.

This should target a DT or a S in round 1 and from the looks of things Payne and James are the guys to go after but they are probably both trade up guys. So I wonder if the Cowboys consider moving up when you look at the depth of the draft, and another idea is trade back and get a Taven Bryan and add a 3rd round pick.
We need starters NOW. When Lee goes down you want jaylon and some on the job training linebackers? They should take two linebackers this draft with both guys expected to contribute in 2018 not 2019.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
We need starters NOW. When Lee goes down you want jaylon and some on the job training linebackers? They should take two linebackers this draft with both guys expected to contribute in 2018 not 2019.

Contribute or start?

I think both can contribute, and if needed especially Warner he could be a guy who can start at any of the 3 LB spots although ideally you have Lee, Hitchens, and Smith as your starters with some young quality depth behind them.

Warner projects as a middle or solb where Thomas is more of your WOLB of the future.

Everyone wants starters, but every team also needs quality depth that can contribute.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Contribute or start?

I think both can contribute, and if needed especially Warner he could be a guy who can start at any of the 3 LB spots although ideally you have Lee, Hitchens, and Smith as your starters with some young quality depth behind them.

Warner projects as a middle or solb where Thomas is more of your WOLB of the future.

Everyone wants starters, but every team also needs quality depth that can contribute.
If either guy can start if/when Lee goes down then sure. If not then we don’t need them. The book on Thomas is lack of instincts. That doesn’t sound like a year 1 player to me

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
If either guy can start if/when Lee goes down then sure. If not then we don’t need them. The book on Thomas is lack of instincts. That doesn’t sound like a year 1 player to me

That's where I think the beauty of drafting a guy like Thomas who is a projected 3rd day pick behind you can argue the most instinctive LB in the NFL in Lee. I think the guy has a lot to learn and I tend to agree but an athlete like that as a day 3 pick IMO is well worth the risk because if he figures it out you got a 1st round type athlete for a bargain.

Deion Jones and Kwon Alexander had similar critiques but yet they have seemed to do just fine in the NFL. So yes he has flaws but if he didn't he would probably be gone by pick 19 and long long gone by pick 50, so if we are talking 5th or 6th round pick I think it's a pick you make.

rags747

Reaction score
They think he is Browning Nagle.
Well they did want Farve but had to settle when the Falcons surprised them, Jets would have been a different franchise with Farve no doubt, but then Farve probably would have gone crazy in NY and lost it totally.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

This draft is setup well for the Cowboys and it's needs on the defense especially when you consider this team needs to add speed especially along the LB spot.
I love Matthew Thomas when his head is on right.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Those guys are projected 4th/5th round. Expecting starters down there will leave you disappointed.

If you're able to spot starters in every round let us know.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If you want a head ache player, I'm targeting Callaway, Royce Freeman, and Matthew Thomas. Gimme all three.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm all in on Reid.

Great trade down option in the 1st or if we're lucky our 2nd round pick.

I realized the other day that he's probably going to the Patriots at the end of the first. The intelligence, the versatility, the short-area quickness, it just makes too much sense.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

That is almost all LB who aren't your first round LB's. The same things were mentioned about Kwon Alexander and Deion Jones and both of them have had success early on.