2018 Draft Chatter

cowboyec

Reaction score
Based on our pre draft visits, I think we'll be going WR, OL and LB in no particular order.

I have a strong feeling I'll once again be disappointed in not drafting a DT early, and even more so if Vea or Hurst are available.
Im hoping Hurst gets a Official 30 Invite.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, UTEP doesn't fall within Dallas's metropolitan area used by the NFL for local visits.
I think if the player lived in the local area he can come too? Actually that may be total bull on my part

ksg811

Reaction score
I think if the player lived in the local area he can come too? Actually that may be total bull on my part

Correct, the rule states players that either went to school or grew up within the metropolitan area. Hernandez is from Vegas and went to UTEP, neither of which lie within the Dallas metro.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
could this in some way indicate Collins is moving back inside...and they are looking for a rookie to be Swing Tackle?
No, I don’t think it necessarily means that. Tackle is the more important position and if you want a good one, you have to draft one early. Guards get underdrafted so it’s not hard to find a solid starter later in the draft. Your 30 visits are best used to determine which players you feel comfortable drafting with a permium pick. If they have to, I imagine they’d prefer to use that premium pick on the more important position - tackle. If the Cowboys get wiped out and have to take a tackle early, they’ll move Collins back to guard. If not, they can take a guard later in the draft and keep Collins at tackle. But either way, it’s not looking too good for those who want Wynn or Hernandez.