2018 Draft Chatter

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
You guys need some Vita Vea in your day.

Just watched his tape versus Stanford and ho lee crap, he was dominant. The player I might have been most impressed with on this tape was Bryce Love, cause he was continually creating positive yardage while Vea was crushing his intended gap.

They talk about special WRs and RBs playing at a different speed than everyone else, it's like Vea's playing at a different strength than everyone else. He just treats linemen like they're blocking dummies. Check out 4:18 - Stanford double-teams him with 600 pounds of linemen, and he blows that gap up like dynamite. They take him to the ground, but they can't move him backwards an inch. Love has 2 defenders taking a free run at him through Vea's hole, and he does well to just get back to the line of scrimmage.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Just watched his tape versus Stanford and ho lee crap, he was dominant. The player I might have been most impressed with on this tape was Bryce Love, cause he was continually creating positive yardage while Vea was crushing his intended gap.

They talk about special WRs and RBs playing at a different speed than everyone else, it's like Vea's playing at a different strength than everyone else. He just treats linemen like they're blocking dummies. Check out 4:18 - Stanford double-teams him with 600 pounds of linemen, and he blows that gap up like dynamite. They take him to the ground, but they can't move him backwards an inch. Love has 2 defenders taking a free run at him through Vea's hole, and he does well to just get back to the line of scrimmage.

This is like the Aaron Donald draft.

Hey guys! I checked out his tape, and dadgum he was a beast!

That's nice, but it is pretty clear that the odds of him floating down to 19 are slim.

And I am not trading up for him. I wouldn't do it for a Haloti Ngata clone.

I like the player. I would be ecstatic if he was there at 19. You just don't trade resources for good but nontransformative players.

Reaction score

He is a beast against the run. But I did not see much from him on pass rush. Stoned at the line almost every time (he had one sack where QB kinda walked into him).

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

That's nice, but it is pretty clear that the odds of him floating down to 19 are slim.

I like the player. I would be ecstatic if he was there at 19. You just don't trade resources for good but nontransformative players.

Ngata wasn't a transformative player? He sure as heck made Suggs and Lewis's lives easier.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
He's a big fat guy great at taking up double teams to free up your skilled defenders. Problem is, you can get these guys in the 3rd round.

Gameover

Reaction score

You would take a pass on a guaranteed pro bowler because he’s not transformative enough?

And I’m talking about taking a pass on a trade up.

Last edited:

tm1119

Reaction score

Ouch...actually liked him. Kind of a weird build to him and lacked length but he’s a quick bowling ball of muscle.
I’d take him and while he’s rehabbing the acl I’d have him bulking up and adding upper body strength. Having him playing at 285/290 at 3 tech would be interesting. Well worth a 7th if available

cnuball21

Reaction score
You would take a pass on a guaranteed pro bowler because he’s not transformative enough?

And I’m talking about taking a pass on a trade up.

I would in a heartbeat.

If the team loves him id part ways with our 3rd to get him in a heartbeat.

Only guys I'd think about giving up the 2nd for are Edmunds and James.

Carson

Reaction score
Glenn Harris - DB - Players
Rotoworld's Thor Nystrom reports Wayne State S Glenn Harris will participate in the Kansas City Chiefs local day.

Harris (5'11/193) met with the Chiefs after Nebraska's pro day and has also talked with the Packers and Cowboys. He tied Iowa DB Josh Jackson for the NCAA lead in interceptions last year with eight. Harris is a great asset on special teams, something that will likely help him stick on a roster and potentially see playing time at the next level.

Reactions: BAT

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Glenn Harris - DB - Players
Rotoworld's Thor Nystrom reports Wayne State S Glenn Harris will participate in the Kansas City Chiefs local day.

Harris (5'11/193) met with the Chiefs after Nebraska's pro day and has also talked with the Packers and Cowboys. He tied Iowa DB Josh Jackson for the NCAA lead in interceptions last year with eight. Harris is a great asset on special teams, something that will likely help him stick on a roster and potentially see playing time at the next level.

YAY A SAFETY

Carson

Reaction score
NC State RB Nyheim Hines visited the Cowboys on Wednesday.

The Cowboys don't have a player like Hines on the roster. The closest player of note was Lance Dunbar. Hines is quite different than Ezekiel Elliott, but that might be viewed as a positive. He's a role player, but one who creates big plays in space or as a receiver.

Source: Josh Norris on Twitter
Apr 5 - 8:22 AM

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
NC State RB Nyheim Hines visited the Cowboys on Wednesday.

The Cowboys don't have a player like Hines on the roster. The closest player of note was Lance Dunbar. Hines is quite different than Ezekiel Elliott, but that might be viewed as a positive. He's a role player, but one who creates big plays in space or as a receiver.

Source: Josh Norris on Twitter
Apr 5 - 8:22 AM

Perfect. Dunbar 2.0. Cause that worked out so well the first time around