2018 Draft Chatter

DFWJC

Reaction score
No Nelson, arguably the surest pick in draft? No Chubb?

But Kirk? LOL.
I like Bucky Brooks, but not having Nelson on there seems really strange.

But just to note, he did not say "best" players, he said most i pact as roomies wherever they land

I give him credit for rhinking fir himself and not regurgitating the opinion of the masses

RS12

Reaction score
Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James do not crack the top 10 on many boards, and most in the league believe they will be selected somewhere between picks 11 and 20.

The belief is that the Chicago Bears will be in prime position to trade down from the eighth spot regardless of whether the top four quarterbacks are off the board. The Bears would like to recoup some of the selections they gave away one year ago after moving up to select quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.

The offer will have to be significant if either Nelson or Ward is available when the Bears are called to the clock, as the team is very high on both players.

Depending how far the Bears trade down, assuming they do, expect Isaiah Oliver to be one player they consider selecting. I’m told the team is picking the brain of University of Oregon defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt, who held the same position at Colorado, about Oliver’s next-level potential.

http://draftanalyst.com/nfl-draft-news-notes-april-11

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James do not crack the top 10 on many boards, and most in the league believe they will be selected somewhere between picks 11 and 20.

The belief is that the Chicago Bears will be in prime position to trade down from the eighth spot regardless of whether the top four quarterbacks are off the board. The Bears would like to recoup some of the selections they gave away one year ago after moving up to select quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.

The offer will have to be significant if either Nelson or Ward is available when the Bears are called to the clock, as the team is very high on both players.

Depending how far the Bears trade down, assuming they do, expect Isaiah Oliver to be one player they consider selecting. I’m told the team is picking the brain of University of Oregon defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt, who held the same position at Colorado, about Oliver’s next-level potential.

http://draftanalyst.com/nfl-draft-news-notes-april-11

Unless teams have top grades on a bunch of QBs, I just can't see that. James is too athletic, and Fitzpatrick's tape is too good.

RS12

Reaction score
Unless teams have top grades on a bunch of QBs, I just can't see that. James is too athletic, and Fitzpatrick's tape is too good.
I'd be shocked if Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Mayfield arent off the board in the first 10 picks. QBs are always over drafted, this year wont be any different.

cowboyec

Reaction score
it's feeling like Ridley or Payne will be there at 19.........waiting.

StarHead69

Reaction score
I can. Over the (many) years of following the draft, pass-rushers, cb’s, and OT’s fly up everyone’s boards come draft day. That has been especially true since the advent of free agency. All three of those positions require a team to have two good players to be a strength, and almost no one can afford to have two good ones unless one is on a rookie contract.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Derwin James game tape was average after he suffered a knee injury his sophomore year. Fitzpatrick is solid but his Sparq score was not that good. I could see one of them falling to us.