2018 Draft Chatter

Gaede

Reaction score
I really think it'll be Roquan that falls.
He's small already, and if he got dinged on his physical...

cnuball21

Reaction score
Im worried GB will take him to replace Jordy Nelson.....but that pushes somebody down to us....then Im not so worried any more.
DaRon Payne or Harold Landry maybe.
gonna be a fun night.

I'd be ecstatic if we see WR's fly off the board like last year. Ridley, Moore and Sutton all being gone by 19 would be best case scenario for us to try and get a top defender.

cnuball21

Reaction score
And when Lee inevitably misses his annual 2-3 games and we cant stop anybody, what will you say then?

That you could say that about every position on the field...sure Lee has missed some games, but with that logic we should be looking at Guice at 19 bc Zeke could miss some games.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
That you could say that about every position on the field...sure Lee has missed some games, but with that logic we should be looking at Guice at 19 bc Zeke could miss some games.
Zeke isnt as injury prone as Lee. Zeke is 22 years old and Lee is 32 years old.

Also you can move Lee to the Mike and have Roquan as the Will

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
And when Lee inevitably misses his annual 2-3 games and we cant stop anybody, what will you say then?

I’m not drafting an insurance policy in the first round. Just not doing it. Same reason I’m not drafting a LT in round 1. Sure it would be nice, but not in round 1

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I’m not drafting an insurance policy in the first round. Just not doing it. Same reason I’m not drafting a LT in round 1. Sure it would be nice, but not in round 1
Who said he would be an insurance policy???

You guys are insane. Roquan is a top-5 talent in this draft, yet you’ll pass on him because of old man Lee :facepalm:

R.Smith-Lee-J.Smith

Draft Josey Jewell in the 4th and now you have a new and improved LB corps.

vig454

Reaction score
In all probability the Cowboys are going with a wr for a number 1 pick. They will get their man, no holds barred.

cowboyec

Reaction score
If Its WR....Calvin Ridley or Courtland Sutton.

If its LB....Rashaan Evans.

If its OG....James Daniels.

If its something outta nowhere....DaRon Payne (falling to us) or Harold Landry (falling to us).

my best guess...GB takes Landry....Az takes Lamar Jackson...Ravens take Wynn....which means at 19....Calvin Ridley,WR-bama.
if he is gone....my next best guess....Sutton or Evans....I say if it aint Ridley,its Courtland Sutton.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Who said he would be an insurance policy???

You guys are insane. Roquan is a top-5 talent in this draft, yet you’ll pass on him because of old man Lee :facepalm:

R.Smith-Lee-J.Smith

Draft Josey Jewell in the 4th and now you have a new and improved LB corps.

"Old Man Lee" is an all pro talent and could give us another 3 years or so without missing a single game.

So yes, I think you can make the argument it would be an insurance policy unless you plan on moving Lee to MLB which I thought the team was trying to avoid.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
"Old Man Lee" is an all pro talent and could give us another 3 years or so without missing a single game.

So yes, I think you can make the argument it would be an insurance policy unless you plan on moving Lee to MLB which I thought the team was trying to avoid.
That mentality is why we are stuck with Witten with no viable replacement.

You know why the team wants to avoid putting him at Mike? Because of fear he’ll get hurt.

cnuball21

Reaction score
That mentality is why we are stuck with Witten with no viable replacement.

You know why the team wants to avoid putting him at Mike? Because of fear he’ll get hurt.

LOL, I could think of worse things than being "stuck" with Witten. He's not the player he used to be, but he's still better than half the league at TE.

And yes, you are correct on why the team doesn't want to move Lee to MIKE. Rightfully so, if they feel like that would protect their "all pro" leader of the defense and keep him on the field more why the heck wouldn't they have him play WILL?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
LOL, I could think of worse things than being "stuck" with Witten. He's not the player he used to be, but he's still better than half the league at TE.

And yes, you are correct on why the team doesn't want to move Lee to MIKE. Rightfully so, if they feel like that would protect their "all pro" leader of the defense and keep him on the field more why the heck wouldn't they have him play WILL?
If they have the opportunity to add the best Lber in this draft, its a no-brainer.

Have you seen Roquan Smith play?