2018 Draft Chatter

RS12

Reaction score
• Could Florida State safety Derwin James slide on draft day? Multiple league sources believe he could hear his name called in the second half of the first round despite several calling him a true top-10 player in the class.

The love for South Carolina tight end Hayden Hurst is real, according to one high-level executive I spoke to this week. Hurst, who played minor league baseball before joining the Gamecocks football team, is seen as a plug-and-play impact at the position and could be a major boost to a team in "win now" mode. B/R's Dan Pompei has a great feature on Hurst that's worth checking out.

• It's hard to call any pick in this draft a lock, but word around the league is that the Atlanta Falcons love Florida defensive tackle Taven Bryan. More than any other Round 1 selection, this is the one I feel best about predicting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ook-when-where-will-top-qbs-land-in-nfl-draft

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
• Could Florida State safety Derwin James slide on draft day? Multiple league sources believe he could hear his name called in the second half of the first round despite several calling him a true top-10 player in the class.

The love for South Carolina tight end Hayden Hurst is real, according to one high-level executive I spoke to this week. Hurst, who played minor league baseball before joining the Gamecocks football team, is seen as a plug-and-play impact at the position and could be a major boost to a team in "win now" mode. B/R's Dan Pompei has a great feature on Hurst that's worth checking out.

• It's hard to call any pick in this draft a lock, but word around the league is that the Atlanta Falcons love Florida defensive tackle Taven Bryan. More than any other Round 1 selection, this is the one I feel best about predicting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ook-when-where-will-top-qbs-land-in-nfl-draft

1. I don't see any chance of this one happening. Derwin's too athletic and too good. It's far more likely that he goes top ten than he falls past 16.

2. A 25 year at a notoriously slow-developing position is a good pick for a win-now team?

3. This one seems really realistic, actually. Bryan is that Michael Bennett type guy the Falcons have been missing on their defense.

The feature on Hayden Hurst was great by the way. I knew he was old, but didn't know the reason behind it. It's awesome to see a former bust getting a second chance at being a pro athlete.

Last edited:

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
So this Kyle Lauletta Guy seems to be getting huge hype.

I wonder if he gets picked at the end of round1? Maybe even before Rudolph.

Teams love to get that 5th year option....

cnuball21

Reaction score
there is a chance that Ridley is there at 19 AND the BPA....thats not dumb....thats Need meeting BPA.

Ridley is the best WR in the draft, I find it incredibly unlikely he's there at 19.

If he's there, then yea, I'd get on board as he might be the BPA but still not my preference.

DFWJC

Reaction score

I highly doubt James gets to us, but we can dream.
Ro Smith on the other hand....
I saw a mock today by one the better mock guys out there over the past few years, and he actually had him going to Dallas.
:dance:

And yes, I think Hurst is the best TE, but it depends on what you're looking for.
I would NOT take him at 19, btw

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
So this Kyle Lauletta Guy seems to be getting huge hype.

I wonder if he gets picked at the end of round1? Maybe even before Rudolph.

Teams love to get that 5th year option....
Really like Lauletta. Just wish he wasn't probably going to go some much earlier.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
What if we take D.J. Moore AND Courtland Sutton?

Live footage from me on draft day...

tenor.gif

cowboyec

Reaction score
Ridley is the best WR in the draft, I find it incredibly unlikely he's there at 19.

If he's there, then yea, I'd get on board as he might be the BPA but still not my preference.
Im worried GB will take him to replace Jordy Nelson.....but that pushes somebody down to us....then Im not so worried any more.
DaRon Payne or Harold Landry maybe.
gonna be a fun night.