2018 Draft Chatter

Sydla

Reaction score
I can’t wait for Dallas to trade their first, second, third and next year’s first and second for Josh Allen.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know. Listening to the pre draft presser it sure seems like they feel WR is a bigger need than LB.

Oh and they really like their TEs.

lkelly

Reaction score
I like DJ but it looks like he may need an ego check. I'm pretty sure precisely nothing turns on whether he has Ragnow ranked as his 80th or 90th best prospect in the draft.
ffec2ace27407823e11efecf13b7ad05.jpg

cowboyec

Reaction score
again...reading the list of 30 visits tea-leaves...only 3 LBs....2 with a 1st Rd Grade.

unless Im mis-reading it....it comes down to how they feel about Jaylon Smith.

the non-1st Rd LB on the 30 list...Darrius Leonard.If you look further at LBs listed as private work-out or Dallas day...except for LvE...they are all depth guys.

3 1st Rd WRs on 30 visit....it was always going to be a WR.

unless I mis-read it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So much stupidity in such a short period of time.

It was hilarious listening to them try to convince fans that they are in good shape at LB.

LOL.

I particularly loved how they were set at TE too but the whopper of all was another stench bomb from Stephen. "There wasn't a safety available in free agency that could upgrade what we already have."

This roster is loaded! Cowboys!!

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I particularly loved how they were set at TE too but the whopper of all was another stench bomb from Stephen. "There wasn't a safety available in free agency that could upgrade what we already have."

This roster is loaded! Cowboys!!
Meant to say "that was cheaper than what we already have."

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
again...reading the list of 30 visits tea-leaves...only 3 LBs....2 with a 1st Rd Grade.

unless Im mis-reading it....it comes down to how they feel about Jaylon Smith.

the non-1st Rd LB on the 30 list...Darrius Leonard.If you look further at LBs listed as private work-out or Dallas day...except for LvE...they are all depth guys.

3 1st Rd WRs on 30 visit....it was always going to be a WR.

unless I mis-read it.

The 2 LB’s and 3 WR’s are projected to go in Round 1. We don’t know which, if any, actually have 1st round grades by the Cowboys. But it’s more likely at least of the WR’s does.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There are forty-eight hours until the much-anticipated 2018 NFL Draft kicks off, and there’s still a lot of speculation who the first player off the board will be. Here’s the latest from what I’m hearing.

* The Baltimore Ravens hold a pivotal selection with the 16th pick. We have them choosing Calvin Ridleyin our recent mock draft, although sources tell me defensive tackle Da'Ron Payne is also in the conversation for that pick. As is usually the case for the Ravens, both are Alabama products.

* I’m told the Ravens are not as desperate to come out of the draft with a tight end as many are making it seem. They would draft a tight end if a highly rated prospect falls into their laps, but there is also a belief the team could soon sign receiver Eric Decker.

* In that recent mock, I have the San Francisco 49ers trading down with the Buffalo Bills and selecting Leighton Vander Esch. This won’t be the case if Tremaine Edmunds is available when the Niners are called to the clock, as he is the player the team covets.

* Sources tell me the order of the three players theDallas Cowboys are targeting with the 19th pick isVita Vea, Leighton Vander Esch and D.J. Moore. A report from Rotoworld yesterday stated that the Cowboys organization compared Vander Esch to Brian Urlacher.

* We’ve been driving the Jullian Taylor bandwagon during the lead-up to the draft. Sources tell me that if Taylor had worked out in front of the whole league at the combine, which he was not invited to, he would’ve ended up as a second-day pick. Since the beginning of March, the Temple product has visited or worked out for half the teams in the league. Teams point to his exceptional pro day as proof Taylor’s numbers stand up against some of the better performers at the combine. The Tennessee Titans, New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles were last-minute adds to Taylor’s schedule.

* More than a decade ago, I reported on the New York Jets flying out to an airport in Pittsburgh to get a last-minute face-to-face meeting with a player -- it was Darrelle Revis. These days teams don’t need to go to those extremes. I’m told teams who have been unable to bring desired prospects to their facilities for official visits are turning to FaceTime to interview players “face-to-face.” I know of at least a dozen teams who bypassed the official visit route to FaceTime players they could select over the seven rounds of the draft.

VIEW COMMENTS

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm not buying the Mayfield at 1 talk. To me, screams of a last ditch effort to get NYJ jealous and to maybe cough up another few picks to secure their guy.