2019 Houston Astros Thread

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They had a better record in away games. I wonder how they managed to get access to opponents center field camera?
Because they likely weren't doing it all the time and baseball is a LONG season. It's not like they were a scrub team that just over performed. They had a good team and didn't need to do it all the time. Likey it was being done in the playoffs and other meaningful games...just look at the splits n the playoff games. Some are pretty alarming.

There is 3 other unnamed sources as well as Fiers. Always lots of smoke around the Astros with things like this.

Be interesting to see what MLB does. The video that is being shown is no doubt sign stealing with cameras...no way that's just a coincidence. Likey just a fine...but maybe draft picks as well?

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Because they likely weren't doing it all the time and baseball is a LONG season. It's not like they were a scrub team that just over performed. They had a good team and didn't need to do it all the time. Likey it was being done in the playoffs and other meaningful games...just look at the splits n the playoff games. Some are pretty alarming.

There is 3 other unnamed sources as well as Fiers. Always lots of smoke around the Astros with things like this.

Be interesting to see what MLB does. The video that is being shown is no doubt sign stealing with cameras...no way that's just a coincidence. Likey just a fine...but maybe draft picks as well?

interesting...to be continued...

kskboys

Reaction score
Well...

I thought I would enjoy an Astros loss. Actually didn’t.

I don’t blame Hinch for:
1. For pulling greinke.
2. For not using Cole

I just think the Nats were going to strike. Regardless.

Unreal. Home team lost all home games,

Kudos to Washington.
Scherzos was not ok. He labored and was over throwing but he made it happen. Kudos.

Good win for them. As great as this WS was.... it was liking watching 2 or 3 alternating chokes.

First the Nats choke after going up 2-0
Then Astros choke. Winning 3 and having two chances to close out WS win.

Verlander is amazing. But WS games just don’t go his way.

Soto = baby beast.
Verlander was never the same after Hinch foolishly pitched him on short rest. He's 36, you can't do that to an older pitcher.

My Astros fan buddy and I have been railng on this HR or nothing type of O all year. Works against 4 and 5 starters.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Verlander was never the same after Hinch foolishly pitched him on short rest. He's 36, you can't do that to an older pitcher.

My Astros fan buddy and I have been railng on this HR or nothing type of O all year. Works against 4 and 5 starters.

They only had to win one home game.
This WS just wasn’t for the Astros to win.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3h4vcz.jpg

The stros are in some poo poo right now.

kskboys

Reaction score
They only had to win one home game.
This WS just wasn’t for the Astros to win.
Disagree.

It was ours to win, but by playing smart baseball and by using our pitching staff wisely. When we won in 17, players were hitting the ball where it was pitched. This one, we were swinging out of our shoes trying to foolishly pull everything. As Frank Thomas said, if the pitcher is throwing 95 and over and you're still trying to pull everything, you're a moron.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Disagree.

It was ours to win, but by playing smart baseball and by using our pitching staff wisely. When we won in 17, players were hitting the ball where it was pitched. This one, we were swinging out of our shoes trying to foolishly pull everything. As Frank Thomas said, if the pitcher is throwing 95 and over and you're still trying to pull everything, you're a moron.

The Nats were gonna unload on them.
Just seemed that way.

Re: 2017 = Tainted BIG TIME. Barely beat the Yankees.... now we know why. Developing.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Never understood why good teams cheat. I can see a crappy team trying to get wins.